Good carry round for G17, 19, 26? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good carry round for G17, 19, 26?

Montezuma
07-25-2011, 15:33
Hey Mas-

I recently picked up a G26 for summer carry and have completed the 9mm glock trifecta. What would be a good self defense JHP to purchase in bulk that will run well in all 3 guns? I figured that I would be looking at one of the 147gr loads (Federal HST, Remington Golden Saber Winchester Ranger-T being the contenders) or should I stick with the 124gr +P Gold Dots? I am open to other suggestions as well, but was recently soured on DPX so I want to look at some of the more "street proven" 9mm rounds that are carried routine by our nation's law enforcement.

I am reasonably sure that no matter which of the loads I choose I will be well armed, but I thought I'd ask for your .02 USD.

Thanks!

Mas Ayoob
07-25-2011, 22:55
If you've already proven two of the three guns with 124 +P Gold Dots, which tend to be more readily available than some of the other loads, I see no reason to change.
best,
Mas

Montezuma
07-25-2011, 23:39
No reason to pick a load that will work optimally out of a the G26 3" barrel? I was thinking a 147gr load would suffer less from the shorter barrel length. Availability isnt a huge concern for me as I will probably order online.

Mas Ayoob
07-26-2011, 00:28
With a short barrel, you can have a slow bullet going a little slower, or a fast bullet going a little slower. I'm inclined toward the latter, but the choice is always yours.

best of luck whatever you choose,
Mas