Kimber solo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber solo

Bighoss
07-25-2011, 18:34
I am not sure if this the right section of the forum but does anyone know where I can find a place with the Kimber solo in stock or when these will be in most gun shops

RyanJD
07-25-2011, 18:51
Found one on Gun broker being sold by "The-Gun-Shop"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=242945490

Beanie-Bean
07-25-2011, 19:45
I put in a pre-order for my "all-stainless" model (I know that it's not all stainless...) and was told a 20-week delivery time and to expect it in late fall/early winter.

I was #80 on the wait list, by the way.

Dr.Midnight
07-26-2011, 03:44
I was seriously leaning towards one of these, and I still may get one, but my interest has lessoned of late. I've never held one, so I'm limited to online information, but one thing I didn't like is that fact it has a take down pin. I hate the fact I have one on my little Ruger LCP, but it would really bother me to be digging around with a screwdriver on the side of an $800 gun. Plus, throw in the fact there's a short ammo list Kimber recommends and the fact I've read about several malfunctions. I'm going to wait and see if Kimber doesn't get the bugs worked out of this one.

BailRecoveryAgent
07-26-2011, 09:50
I overheard an employee at the gun shop last week telling another gentleman that they had 15 on order, and they don't expect to see the first one until December at the earliest.