Opinions needed on this idea [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed on this idea

TexasPOff
07-26-2011, 22:39
Well some of you may have seen me over on the Glock side of the board. I too am a 1911 owner as well and about every 5 or 6 years I get the dreaded 1911 itch again. I have been wanting a new LW 1911. I have looked at a ton of 'em lately, but one caught my eye. The Dan Wesson Guardian Bobtail in 45. I am really impressed with what I have seen and read, but thought I would ask around over here for thoughts on it. I looked at the new Valor Bob as well, but I want this one to be a LW. I have several Steel frames for shooting, I want this one for the weight. The CCO is nice, but I much prefer the full grip. Anyway thanks in advance and if anyone has one of these little beauties feel free to post it up. TXPO

Quack
07-26-2011, 23:04
http://quacksgunstuff.blogspot.com/2010/12/dan-wesson-guardian-photo-review.html

GlocksterPaulie
07-26-2011, 23:08
Hi Lane,

I have a friend who has one of these and we have put quite a few rounds down it without any issues.

If I were still a 1911 guy I would buy one.

Paulie

faawrenchbndr
07-27-2011, 04:13
The Guardian would best suit your needs.

Fedor
07-27-2011, 04:49
I dont know about the Guardian, but my Son has a V-Bob that is an awesome pistol.

rvrctyrngr
07-27-2011, 09:55
Hi, Lane (thanks again for the awesome work on my G23...my constant companion when working).

Can't go wrong with the Guardian. The one sample I've had in my hands was a great shooter. Very easy handling.

You may also want to take a look at the Ed Brown LW KobraKarry and the various LW offerings from Wilson.

My current LW 1911 is the Smith PD. Been very reliable over the 2 years I've had it and feels better in my hand than most 1911s.

Happy Hunting!

joemannnnn
07-27-2011, 12:29
Hey Lane,
I just was pondering the same thing. Ultimately this was going to be a carry weapon so I went with the CCO. Just got it yesterday, so haven't shot it, but it is built extremely well. No doubts the Guardian will impress as well
Joe

CMG
07-27-2011, 15:56
I'm with you on the full grip with a commander-size slide, they just balance better for me.

Hokie1911
07-27-2011, 16:23
I've shot Quack's Guardian. It's a GREAT shooter. Excellent choice. :thumbsup:

woodrowNC
07-28-2011, 22:59
Well some of you may have seen me over on the Glock side of the board. I too am a 1911 owner as well and about every 5 or 6 years I get the dreaded 1911 itch again. I have been wanting a new LW 1911. I have looked at a ton of 'em lately, but one caught my eye. The Dan Wesson Guardian Bobtail in 45. I am really impressed with what I have seen and read, but thought I would ask around over here for thoughts on it. I looked at the new Valor Bob as well, but I want this one to be a LW. I have several Steel frames for shooting, I want this one for the weight. The CCO is nice, but I much prefer the full grip. Anyway thanks in advance and if anyone has one of these little beauties feel free to post it up. TXPO

i love officers grip frames. perfect for my hand. if i could just get into the bobs, which ain't gonna happen. but if i did, if would be a DW.

woodrowNC
07-28-2011, 23:01
http://quacksgunstuff.blogspot.com/2010/12/dan-wesson-guardian-photo-review.html

very sharp, Quack. very sharp.