Police chief wanting to ban guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Police chief wanting to ban guns

cfec2008
07-27-2011, 15:01
allright people. I need help. The police chief is wanting to ban handguns at our fairgrounds, and possible other public gatherings. The aldermen seem to support him, so I guess theyll vote it in. Please tell me what I should do such as who to contact at the NRA or how to PROPERLY start a petition. I want to do something but want to go about it the proper way, and im in a lot of need of guidance.

barstoolguru
07-27-2011, 15:17
what state is it, some states can't because of state law

cfec2008
07-27-2011, 16:01
Alenandria Tennessee. go to wjle.com ...thats our local radio station. on their site they have a video explaining the whole thing. let me know what you think. and thank you for your replly and help.

HexHead
07-27-2011, 16:13
If you're in TN, we have pre-emption laws that prevent local laws from overriding state law. That's a start for you. However, local counties and cities can ban firearms from local parks. If the fairground is considered a park, you may be out of luck.

Most police chiefs are anti-gun. The police chief organizations always seen to endorse everything the Brady bunch comes up with.

cfec2008
07-27-2011, 16:15
If you're in TN, we have pre-emption laws that prevent local laws from overriding state law. That's a start for you. However, local counties and cities can ban firearms from local parks. If the fairground is considered a park, you may be out of luck.

Most police chiefs are anti-gun. The police chief organizations always seen to endorse everything the Brady bunch comes up with.

The fairgrounds is not a park as far as i know, but the property is owned by the city of Alexandria.

barstoolguru
07-27-2011, 17:26
here in Texas and state owned property you can carry on unless it is scholastic or sporting event ( we can carry legally of fair grounds). sounds like the property is owned by the city which in fact is state owned so you need to research the laws and see if he can. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

scorpio2011
07-27-2011, 17:39
mpls police chief wants to take our over 10 round magazines from us
i can relate

cfec2008
07-27-2011, 19:12
i can relate

call the nra, gun owners of america. ..everybody that knows anybody and stand up for what is right. good luck buddy. were trying down here.

OldCurlyWolf
07-28-2011, 10:12
Why don't you get a group together and present demands that the city council replace the police chief with someone who does not have their cranium inserted in their rectum?

cfec2008
07-28-2011, 17:01
Why don't you get a group together and present demands that the city council replace the police chief with someone who does not have their cranium inserted in their rectum?

I like your style brother. The truth is that the police chief is a good guy. He just has a stupid solution for the problem. If someone gets killed in a mustang cobra is America just supposed to stop building them and make them illeagle to own? No. BECAUSE it isnt the cars fault. Its the person driving the damn thing!! I dont live in the city of Alexandria. Just in the county its in. I know forsure that one guy from the NRA has called and talked with him. The need to talk to the city alderman as well. What freaks me out is Alexandria is one if the most old school places on the freaking earth. ugh. just makes me mad. Thank You for the awsome comment tho bud.

Firecop203
07-28-2011, 20:29
i can relate

Just for funnies, I'd come to work with magazine pouches filled with 10 round mags on every vacant spot on my duty belt that I could find.

"Hey Chief, you said I had to carry 10 round magazines, you didn't say how many I could carry." :tongueout: