Ammo question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo question

silverz51
07-27-2011, 18:36
When I bought my Glock 17, I got 3 magazines with it and 2 were loaded with ammo. I am curious to know what is this ammo. I know they are JHP, but I would like to know the manufacturer, type, etc. If anyone could identify these for me I'd be grateful.

Thanks

http://www.fotomecanico.com/9mm/9mm%20jhp.jpg

JR
07-27-2011, 23:46
FC + Federal Cartridge. Looks like a 115 gr load to me. The post in the middle of the hollow point is one of their premium rounds

silverz51
07-28-2011, 11:00
FC + Federal Cartridge. Looks like a 115 gr load to me. The post in the middle of the hollow point is one of their premium rounds

Thank you, I have read so many opinions about ammo and so much contradictory advise that I am utterly confused about what ammo to keep in my Glock 17. I have shot a box or 2 of Master 115 gr FMJ ammo and I think I shot a magazine of the ammo I show in the picture.

I've had zero problems with any of the ammo I've used so far and the accuracy of the pistol is as good as I can shoot it. I'm about to take a cross country trip and will take my weapon for the unlikely event (I sincerely hope) that I will need to defend myself. I just don't want to carry it loaded with trouble prone ammo. I hope those FC cartridges are a good choice.

Thanks!

JR
07-28-2011, 11:05
Its your life. If you plan to rely on a gun to protect your life, it is mandatory you prove your gun is reliable using the ammo you plan to carry.

How many rounds does it take for you to be comfortable to bet your LIFE on it?

silverz51
07-28-2011, 17:33
Its your life. If you plan to rely on a gun to protect your life, it is mandatory you to prove your gun is reliable using the ammo you plan to carry.

How many rounds does it take for you to be comfortable to bet your LIFE on it?

Thanks for the input. I have fired my weapon about 50~100 times. I've used both, the FMJ target ammo and the ammo that is in the magazines now. I have had zero problems with either one and I am very confident that if I pull the trigger with a round in the chamber, the pistol will fire. Of course, there is no way to be 100% certain as any given round could be defective.

Thank God I'm not a gunfighter or any sort of 007 or Rambo person. I am pretty sure and very happy that my chances for having to actually use the gun to protect my life are extremely remote. Still, point taken. You are right and I should prolly go out there to the range burn through a couple of hundred bucks worth to ammo to get a better sense of reassurance. As soon as I get my hands on the disposable $$, I'm off to the gun range :)