jr [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : jr

SCPO
07-28-2011, 14:24
i just bought a gen 4 , 21. can i shoot the CCI snake shot in it. want to carry it will scouting my hunting land then change bullets and carry while deer hunting.

JR
07-28-2011, 15:43
Snake shot performance out of a (standard rifled barrel) auto pistol sucks at best. The round will not cycle the action and noted to consistently deliver mediocre shot patterns at close range (7 feet).
I recommend you brush up on your accuracy. Hitting the ground just in front of a snakes head (couple inches) will kill him every time. The idea is to create shrapnel from the earth at the point where the bullet hits, blowing it into the snakes head.

SCPO
07-28-2011, 16:41
Snake shot performance out of a (standard rifled barrel) auto pistol sucks at best. The round will not cycle the action and noted to consistently deliver mediocre shot patterns at close range (7 feet).
I recommend you brush up on your accuracy. Hitting the ground just in front of a snakes head (couple inches) will kill him every time. The idea is to create shrapnel from the earth at the point where the bullet hits, blowing it into the snakes head.

thanks. if it's a big rattle snake i have a hard time hitting 12" anywhere near the snake. :supergrin:

JR
07-28-2011, 22:26
It would bother me to be close enough to use bird shot even more