Interesting movie about survival... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting movie about survival...

jdavionic
07-29-2011, 19:49
I had never heard or seen this one before - The Way Back.

Here's the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kezJTpyMI

I watched it tonight. I found it interesting. These people endure the hardships of being imprisoned in Sibera, which is bad enough. They then escape and go through all sorts of challenges to survive.

Have any of you seen this one?

fire65
07-29-2011, 19:52
Just watched it on Netflix and really enjoyed it. The things they endured are amazing.

jdavionic
07-29-2011, 20:00
Just watched it on Netflix and really enjoyed it. The things they endured are amazing.

Now I'm interested in reading the book - "The Long Walk"

mac66
07-29-2011, 20:33
Good movie, just watched it on instant Netflix.

If you liked that one, a very similar one is called 'As far as my feet will carry me." Amazing true story of a German officer in WWII who escaped Siberia and walked home. Very good movie. Instant view on Netflix.

Another good survival movie is Snow Walker about a pilot crashes in the Arctic. Also instant view on netflix.

jdavionic
07-29-2011, 20:35
Good movie, just watched it on instant Netflix.

If you liked that one, a very similar one is called 'As far as my feet will carry me." Amazing true story of a German officer in WWII who escaped Siberia and walked home. Very good movie. Instant view on Netflix.

Another good survival movie is Snow Walker about a pilot crashes in the Arctic. Also instant view on netflix.

Thanks. I'll watch them next.

jdavionic
07-31-2011, 07:04

I watched this one last night. Another good movie.

fire65
07-31-2011, 19:36
Since it is hard to find a good movie this is a good watch. Is it true? I have no idea, but it makes you think.

jdavionic
07-31-2011, 20:04
Since it is hard to find a good movie this is a good watch. Is it true? I have no idea, but it makes you think.

Based on a true story, but I don't know what liberties the movie makers took.

tc556guy
08-01-2011, 08:09
How did I miss that movie during its theatrical release. It looks GOOD

barstoolguru
08-01-2011, 11:02
How did I miss that movie during its theatrical release. It looks GOOD

Some movies do better on dvd. so many movies being produced it's hard to pic one that gets your entertainment dollar <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

HAMMERHEAD
08-01-2011, 12:29
Looks good, less depressing than "The Road".

pilsbury
08-01-2011, 12:49
Haven't seen it yet, but def going to check it out.