What's wrong with Cops these days? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Cops these days?

Detectorist
07-31-2011, 16:38
I was minding my own business, doing my daily 5.5 mile walk on a quiet country road, when this Missouri HP car pulls up to me and the passenger rolls down the window and asks me if I'm OK. I tell them that I'm used to doing this walk and even though it was like 98F I would be OK. I thanked them for stopping and then they took off.

Why wasn't I frisked for weapons?
Why wasn't I searched for drugs?
Why didn't they ask me if i had a hawt wife or GF?

And, most importantly, why were they being so nice?

Something is going on here....

KiloBravo
07-31-2011, 16:46
Were they wearing their hats? If they forgot them at the station, that very well could have been why they did not have probably cause to arrest you. :supergrin:

DaBigBR
07-31-2011, 16:51
Lucky you weren't open carrying!

JimBianchi
07-31-2011, 16:52
Next time bring a dog so they can shoot it.

Gangrel
07-31-2011, 16:58
Maybe they should have shot you in the leg so you really wanted that ride home.

indigent
07-31-2011, 17:04
And all with out an appointment. What is this world coming to?

collim1
07-31-2011, 17:11
You know whats sad, is there was a time when the general population didn't think a police officer speaking to them was an insult and ruined their day.

Kahr_Glockman
07-31-2011, 17:28
And all with out an appointment. What is this world coming to?

Be sure to take notes, there will be a test later.

Hoser423
07-31-2011, 18:20
Just a recon mission... setting up to violate your rights better on the next visit.

Top_Shot_31
07-31-2011, 18:34
No video, didn't happen.

packsaddle
07-31-2011, 19:05
you didn't see it but there was a tazer pointed at your head the whole time.

Dukeboy01
07-31-2011, 19:44
Just a recon mission... setting up to violate your rights better on the next visit.

This. Specifically they were checking out how big your pockets were so they could measure out the maximum amount of narcotics to plant on you later.

oldgraywolf
07-31-2011, 19:52
JBT's around here have been known to stop and BS with my wife and I when we're out walking our dogs. (I've got a fine specimen of a GSD.) I know they're on fishing expeditions and looking to detain us illegally. I have yet to see one with his hat on, so I know they're renegades, can't trust 'em. I lurk on GNG, so I know all the crap you guys pull on innocent citizens.

TheGreatGonzo
07-31-2011, 19:54
They probably saw your concealed carry badge and quickly realized that you were a highly-trained and thoroughly vetted Good Guy.

grizz
07-31-2011, 20:19
Consider yourself lucky. If they catch you walking again, it's on cuz!

Sgt127
07-31-2011, 20:27
Ignore him or tell him to pound sand. Ask him if you are being detained. He has no right to ask you anything. Remind him that he is a civil servent, and, if you want his opinion, you will ask for it. It was obvious that his opinion was that it was too hot to walk outside, unsolicited on his part. File a complaint and carry a video recorder for the next time it happens, post it on you tube. A domestic terrorist has no business harrassing a free citizen.

Detectorist
07-31-2011, 20:40
Were they wearing their hats? If they forgot them at the station, that very well could have been why they did not have probably cause to arrest you. :supergrin:

Yes, absolutely! They were looking for probably cause. They had to be a couple of renegades since they didn't even have their hats on!!

I need the phone number to their hat compliance division. ASAP !!!

KiloBravo
07-31-2011, 20:47
Yes, absolutely! They were looking for probably cause. They had to be a couple of renegades since they didn't even have their hats on!!

I need the phone number to their hat compliance division. ASAP !!!

:rofl:

volsbear
07-31-2011, 21:33
You know whats sad, is there was a time when the general population didn't think a police officer speaking to them was an insult and ruined their day.

On the other hand - and I'm speaking STRICTLY for the city of 160,000 where I live - there are increasing few police officers who stop and talk to citizens on the street, in their front yards, on public event details, etc. Now, there are probably (some) very legitimate reason for this, but it goes both ways.

The same guys who see me in the courthouse on department business aren't always the cuddliest kittens when they see me in my front yard playing with my kid. This was something that took some getting used to after going to college in a small town where the police would talk to damn near anybody.

That being said - the east side of our fair city has a pretty observable problem with guns and street violence and these guys do a FANTASTIC job of aggressively seeking out guns and drugs. And thus far they'd done it without any serious injuries on the job (knock on wood). So it possible that you can't have it both ways? If so, I'll take it the way we've got it.

indigent
07-31-2011, 22:11
Be sure to take notes, there will be a test later.

Holy carp. Is this the elusive COG test with only 5 questions?

I got this
1. Wear hat
2. Shoot dog
3. Point taser at head
4. Make sure video is on
5. Perform recon

Sweet.

G27Chief
07-31-2011, 22:20
:rofl::rofl:

Lucky you weren't open carrying!

EODLRD
07-31-2011, 22:23
Its a trap!!!!!

3.slow
07-31-2011, 23:00
These aren't my pants

GPalmer
07-31-2011, 23:33
Report of a hippy that needed a tune up took precedence...

TreverSlyFox
08-01-2011, 00:07
They were nice because they were Missouri HP Troopers. In the 10 years I've been in Missouri I've yet to meet an impolite MO HP Trooper, though most of the ones I've met were from Troop G out of Willow Springs. Being from Michigan it was quite a surprise to meet a State Officer that wasn't an arrogant prick.

Streetking
08-01-2011, 00:28
I've lived in MO.for decades. The State Police are the most professional orgainization I've encountered.

Foxtrotx1
08-01-2011, 00:36
My buddy is a hooligan in the St. Louis PD. He'd taze a baby if it looked at him funny! Just kidding....

Hack
08-01-2011, 03:21
I've lived in MO.for decades. The State Police are the most professional orgainization I've encountered.

MOHP is a good organization, usually having a good officer staff. They do their job from what I have seen.

Zamis
08-01-2011, 08:38
I know what you mean! After I got coffee this morning I was stopped at the light. A state cop pulled up next to me and motioned for me to roll down my window. I did and he asked if I was that guy at the IDPA match last week shooting a S&W 6906. I told him I was and he said "You shoot that little thing pretty good" He asked if I carry it and I told him I did almost all the time. He told me to have a good day and took off.

He didn't ask for ID!
He didn't ask to see my CCW card!
He didn't threaten to shoot me!
He wasn't an arrogant prick!
He was from Michigan!
But he was wearing his hat!

Snowman92D
08-01-2011, 09:01

Something is going on here....

He was probably just checking the timing of your daily routine. Obviously he and his JBT SWAT team buddies are preparing to unlawfully kick your front door in with an illegal search warrant, and they wanna be sure you aren't there to kill all of them as you'd have every right to do. :)

msu_grad_121
08-01-2011, 09:32
He didn't ask for ID!
He was from Michigan!

This was a Blue Goose? I gotta call BS! As was said before, you don't have video, it didn't happen! :tongueout:

Detectorist
08-01-2011, 15:16
I know what you mean! After I got coffee this morning I was stopped at the light. A state cop pulled up next to me and motioned for me to roll down my window. I did and he asked if I was that guy at the IDPA match last week shooting a S&W 6906. I told him I was and he said "You shoot that little thing pretty good" He asked if I carry it and I told him I did almost all the time. He told me to have a good day and took off.

He didn't ask for ID!
He was from Michigan!

I tell you, very suspicious in my book.

msu_grad_121
08-01-2011, 16:11
I tell you, very suspicious in my book.

Is your whacker spidey-sense tingling too?

smokeross
08-01-2011, 18:05
They were just making sure it was you before they headed back to you place to see your old lady.

panzer1
08-01-2011, 18:20
I was minding my own business, doing my daily 5.5 mile walk on a quiet country road, when this Missouri HP car pulls up to me and the passenger rolls down the window and asks me if I'm OK. I tell them that I'm used to doing this walk and even though it was like 98F I would be OK. I thanked them for stopping and then they took off.

Something is going on here....Maybe next time he may take his"glock40" to your head & see if you like it.:rofl:

mikegun
08-01-2011, 20:59
The cop was gay, after close look at you changed his mind...si8mple as that