Take Off Parts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Take Off Parts

joemannnnn
08-01-2011, 06:21
Another question for everyone...What do you guys do with your take off parts when you swap things out? Specifically I've replaced the original grips on a few guns, and just don't see myself ever using them. Should I sell them? I guess a concern is trying to sell the gun later on without the original grips. Is it worth it to dump them or should I just hang on to them? I need to fund the new parts and ammo some how, so I'm entertaining selling off the grips. Curious to see how people feel about this
Thanks
Joe

knedrgr
08-01-2011, 07:20
Keep them. If you hoard enough parts, you can build another gun.

skdmrklcy
08-01-2011, 08:31
I always keep original stuff in the box and put it up.

SigFTW
08-01-2011, 09:23
I always keep original stuff in the box and put it up.

X2, that way I don't lose the parts.

CMG
08-01-2011, 12:03
Grips are often the first thing users change, so unless your replacements are truly odd, or the original grips are limited production, selling the originals in favor of the replacements shouldn't detract from the overall value. IMO, of course.

Nakanokalronin
08-01-2011, 13:45
Keep them. If you hoard enough parts, you can build another gun.

:rofl: Ain't that the truth!

I do keep any take off parts and put them in my part bin organizer. The project has been at a stand still but, I had so many left over parts I bought a frame and slide since its all I needed to make another gun.

samuse
08-01-2011, 17:53
I sell it or throw it away.

It gives me a good opportunity to practice on my cussing later on when I'm looking for it and it hits me that I sold it or threw it away.