IE - loss of page location control [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IE - loss of page location control

Z71bill
08-01-2011, 07:10
A little hard to explain -

Some pages are longer than what will fit on my screen - always have been - no big deal - I just read the top part - then scroll down and read the bottom part -

Now - on some pages the screen will automatically scroll all the way down and only show the bottom section.

The strange part is -

I can not scroll up to see the top section - it will allow me to move to the top for .0001 second :upeyes: but then automatically returns to the bottom.

this happens even if I try and manually hold the little scroll thingy up.

I had this once before a couple months ago - I deleted IE and loaded the new version -

Any help appreciated.

McJohnny
08-01-2011, 07:13
No input on your IE issue, but is firefox an option for you?

Z71bill
08-01-2011, 07:32
No input on your IE issue, but is firefox an option for you?

I already use Firefox & Chrome - like the news format of IE.

Pierre!
08-01-2011, 21:12
A little hard to explain -

Some pages are longer than what will fit on my screen - always have been - no big deal - I just read the top part - then scroll down and read the bottom part -

Now - on some pages the screen will automatically scroll all the way down and only show the bottom section.

The strange part is -

I can not scroll up to see the top section - it will allow me to move to the top for .0001 second :upeyes: but then automatically returns to the bottom.

this happens even if I try and manually hold the little scroll thingy up.

I had this once before a couple months ago - I deleted IE and loaded the new version -

Any help appreciated.

I would point you to your Mouse control panel... Not knowing which OS you are running, I can't do more than that right now... but check and see if there is a setting off regarding your Mouse scroll settings.

HTH...
Patrick

Z71bill
08-02-2011, 08:55
I would point you to your Mouse control panel... Not knowing which OS you are running, I can't do more than that right now... but check and see if there is a setting off regarding your Mouse scroll settings.

HTH...
Patrick

The problem comes and goes -

For example - If I open up my on line banking account - then open the information for my checking account activity -

There is a long list of deposits and checks that have cleared the bank

No matter what I do I can't get to the top of the page.

If I close the page - then reopen it - sometimes it works like it should - yesterday it did not

So I reboot my PC - then open the same bank account and it works just fine.

Today I have not had any problems - :dunno:

I am running Vista if that matters.