Calibre Press Street Survival [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Calibre Press Street Survival

SCSU74
08-02-2011, 00:36
has anybody taken this seminar? i am looking at taking the San Antonio class in November. Any comments are appreciated

DaBigBR
08-02-2011, 08:47
I haven't, but it's only been offered in close driving distance once that I can recall and it was a day I had to work.

I have never heard anything negative...ever.

jnc36rcpd
08-02-2011, 10:20
I've attended several times over the years and recommend it. It's strictly audio-visual and lecture, but it's very well presented.

SCSU74
08-02-2011, 10:32
I haven't, but it's only been offered in close driving distance once that I can recall and it was a day I had to work.

I have never heard anything negative...ever.

ya its about 4 hrs away for me, so total cost would be around $500 w/ class, hotel, gas and whatever. Didn't want to put down that kind of money for a sub par class haha

cwr
08-02-2011, 10:40
I first went in 1988 and then again earlier this year. Enjoyed the seminar both times. While you may not pick up on a ton of new things, it will remind you of info you have pushed to the back of your brain and will give your officer safety practices a welcome jolt.

Officer X
08-02-2011, 19:37
I've attended street survival about 10 times over the years, it is well worth it.

IMO Lt. jim Glennon was the best instructor they ever had. He recently left and started his own company. I went to his 2 day officer survival class just this week and it was outstanding.

Check out his site:
www.lifelinetraining.com

SCSU74
08-03-2011, 12:10
I've attended street survival about 10 times over the years, it is well worth it.

IMO Lt. jim Glennon was the best instructor they ever had. He recently left and started his own company. I went to his 2 day officer survival class just this week and it was outstanding.

Check out his site:
www.lifelinetraining.com

what was the name of the course, ultimate survival instincts?

Dragoon44
08-03-2011, 12:22
The one I attended some 30 years ago was outstanding and I highly recommend it.

Morris
08-03-2011, 15:24
Yes. Go. Worth it.

x_out86
08-03-2011, 21:18
Well worth going to. I can guarantee that you will have a new appreciation for officer safety. I know that I really scrutinized myself after getting back to work following Street Survival.

The biggest message in the program? COMPLACENCY KILLS!

Kahr_Glockman
08-04-2011, 07:20
It was easily the best class that I have been to in years. They do classes everywhere. So if you have to wait for it to come to Dallas it is worth the wait. My agency actually sent me and one other officer to Deer Park to evaluate he class. 6 months later when it was in Georgetown they sent half the agency.

Officer X
08-04-2011, 07:33
what was the name of the course, ultimate survival instincts?

Yes, taught by Jim Glennon and Sgt. Keith Wenzel from Dallas PD.

Outstanding class.

SCSU74
08-04-2011, 13:28
Yes, taught by Jim Glennon and Sgt. Keith Wenzel from Dallas PD.

Outstanding class.

awesome i'll probably pass on the calibre press class in san antonio and just take this class in Dallas Oct 16. Looking forward to it, also just ordered his book, looks pretty solid