Gun Confiscation and private sale [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Confiscation and private sale

ccd1977
08-02-2011, 12:38
Please forgive me if anyone in here feels this question a little far out. I have been hearing of the A.t.f checking records at gun shops lately.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-508758.html

If I have a firearm that I have purchased here in Florida from a local FFL and I sell it to someone privately, could I get arrested if I get the knock on the door and they request to search my house and donot find any firearms?

Thanks.

Jerry
08-02-2011, 16:04
You can be arrested for anything they feel like arresting you for. Will it stand up in court is another matter. LEGALLY you can sell it to anyone you darn well please.

Shinesintx
08-02-2011, 16:05
You can be arrested for anything they feel like arresting you for. Will it stand up in court is another matter. LEGALLY you can sell it to anyone you darn well please.

Sadly...this is true.

PhoenixCCW
08-02-2011, 23:06
Sadly...this is true.

It's just like a lawsuit - anyone can sue anyone for anything, but if the claim is bogus it will get dismissed, with legal fees of course.

Gunnut 45/454
08-03-2011, 10:08
PhoenixCCW
And if they knocked on your door - simple answer would be No and No! You can tell them that you sold it in a private sale if that is still legal in your particular state! Why would you let then into your house unless they have a warrant? Cause there is never a good reason for the BATF to show up at a Non-FFL's door you are under investigation for a crime if they show up at your door !:steamed: