Karbon Arms MPID [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Karbon Arms MPID

AndyF150
08-02-2011, 13:57
Are there any officers out there working for departments that have been issued the Karbon Arms MPID? Our department had purchased the Stinger Systems MPID and had great success with it. When Stinger got bought out by Karbon they replaced our Stingers with the Karbon MPID. We have had a lot of problems with this product and I was wondering if any other officers out there have had the same experience.

Bushido5150
11-21-2013, 20:23
Today during briefing my Chief informed us that we are considering switching from the X26 to the Karbon Arms.
In fact he said that the entire county was thinking of switching..

I have been tasked to get information on the Karbon Arms and so far I'm not liking what I am seeing.

Does anyone have first hand experience with it or any good nuggets of info I could pass on?

Top_Shot_31
11-21-2013, 20:39
The Taser instructor I work with is getting one for T&E. I will let you know when I hear his thoughts on it. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the answers in this thread as much as you are.

BlackPaladin
11-22-2013, 13:17
My opinion, there is a reason that Taser is on top. The Stinger was a so so product, I can't imagine that this rebranded Stinger is any better.

BlackPaladin
11-22-2013, 13:19
I have been tasked to get information on the Karbon Arms and so far I'm not liking what I am seeing.

Does anyone have first hand experience with it or any good nuggets of info I could pass on?

Your chief getting a "free vacation" package delivered with his purchase from KA? :rofl:

Pepper45
11-22-2013, 14:38
I had little luck dealing with them. The price isn't enough of a difference to justify a completely new platform. Additionally, since they're not taking off like wildfire, how long is it going to be until we can't get replacements or parts? While the market is ripe for another competitor, it's not going to happen the way things are currently going.

Mayhem like Me
11-22-2013, 15:49
I would not go from a proven product that has a history of outstanding response AND great support for their product like Taser to another product.

They are the leader for a reason they came up with the technology and have worked very hard at both te product AND the training.