Re: Worth looking at [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Re: Worth looking at

allrad
08-03-2011, 08:16
Well I certainly got some responses to what I thought was an interesting system. Seems like some people just want to be negative for negative's sake only. I'm not "afraid" of the "C&L" look or of any of the other suggested reasons given in the responses to my post. I think it does have some advantages that should be investigated, instead of just dismissing it out of hand.
If your pistol should ever be taken away from you, especially if you're a LEO who is in a tussel, where that's usually what the bad guy tries to do, the inability to cock the hammer, rack the slide, or pull the trigger, could give at least some time to respond instead of just being shot. The Highpower story does not say if the system had been installed by a smith or the owner of the guns. If there is definitive proof that the system is not what it's presented to be, I would like to see that evidence before I do put it into my gun.
Until then, I am keeping an open mind and trying to find out all I can about this system.

bac1023
08-03-2011, 08:36
If you try it, I wish you luck. Its just not for me.

TKR Reptiles
08-03-2011, 08:39
It is a simple answer. If you don't feel comfortable carrying a 1911 C&L the way it was designed, you should carry something else. Plain and simple.

bac1023
08-03-2011, 08:41
It is a simple answer. If you don't feel comfortable carrying a 1911 C&L the way it was designed, you should carry something else. Plain and simple.

I certainly agree, Trent.

El_Ron1
08-03-2011, 08:44
Well I certainly got some responses to what I thought was an interesting system. Seems like some people just want to be negative for negative's sake only. I'm not "afraid" of the "C&L" look or of any of the other suggested reasons given in the responses to my post. I think it does have some advantages that should be investigated, instead of just dismissing it out of hand.
If your pistol should ever be taken away from you, especially if you're a LEO who is in a tussel, where that's usually what the bad guy tries to do, the inability to cock the hammer, rack the slide, or pull the trigger, could give at least some time to respond instead of just being shot. The Highpower story does not say if the system had been installed by a smith or the owner of the guns. If there is definitive proof that the system is not what it's presented to be, I would like to see that evidence before I do put it into my gun.
Until then, I am keeping an open mind and trying to find out all I can about this system.

Should be deleted
-----
Last edited by allrad; Today at 07:32.. Reason: shouldn't have been sent Must be some kinda zombah thred! :shocked:

fnfalman
08-03-2011, 09:03
What about the Colt Double Eagle DAO thta is currently in the Colt catalog?

I kid, I kid!!!

faawrenchbndr
08-03-2011, 09:08
I see this as a fix to a non-problem.

If you think it would suit you, great! Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.
No need to get bent over comments posted, opinions are opinions, NOT personal attacks on YOUR opinion!

nolt
08-03-2011, 09:13
Seems like some people just want to be negative for negative's sake only.

quite a number of people that carry and/or shoot 1911s have strong opinions about them with regards to any number of subjects.

some of them are based on knowledge and experience and some are not, but whether they are or not... i would disagree that negative comments are for 'negative's sake only.'

some people are resistant to change. some people are totally against it. some changes to the design are improvements. the majority of changes imho do not seem to be improvements.

edit: in most cases even if its something i disagree with i would say "interesting... thanks for the link" but in this case you've taken the link away.

...also:
http://www.wikirage.com/images/wikirage.com/rage.gif

polizei1
08-03-2011, 09:22
If your pistol should ever be taken away from you, especially if you're a LEO who is in a tussel, where that's usually what the bad guy tries to do, the inability to cock the hammer, rack the slide, or pull the trigger, could give at least some time to respond instead of just being shot.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. In BOTH cases, the thumb safety has to be disengaged for the weapon to be fired, along with the grip safety. In this sense, it wouldn't matter if the C&S kit was installed or not. A normal 1911 won't go bang unless the bad guy disengaged both safeties.

Think about it again...it's a stupid system that has no actual purpose, other than to be a gimmick to make money.

rvrctyrngr
08-03-2011, 09:41

allrad, the HiPowers I bought with the SFS system came that way directly from FN Herstal...new in the box, consecutive SNs.

One of them is still in that configuration and I can reproduce the lockup pretty much at will.

Rest assured, if my experience with that system had been positive, I'd have reported that, as well. I can't do any better than tell you first hand what happened with it while engaged in SD-type shooting, not standing in front of a target punching holes.

One thing I didn't say is that, the lockup problem notwithstanding, the safety is awkward to disengage even under 'normal' use, even after hundreds of drawstrokes to get accustomed to the feel of it.

You, of course, are free to do as you see fit.

Nakanokalronin
08-03-2011, 10:16
If your pistol should ever be taken away from you.....I've heard this statement as a "pro" for other things like mag safeties as well. During a struggle for a firearm, does a person really want to disable their weapon and just let it go into the hands of the badguy? If your struggling to get it back and you win, you've now disabled your own gun which is now equally useless to you or will take extra time to get it back in the fight. If a gun is just snatched out of a holster or hand and the person didn't get a chance to engage the disabling device, I don't see how it proved to be useful.

BTW, if your gun is well concealed and you need to use it in a defensive scenario, you should never let anyone get close enough where they could snatch it out of your hand. A struggle without drawing your weapon will leave it in the holster exactly the same way you put it in there.

Putting the safety up on a 1911 would have the same effect as the SFS system. The exception is that the SFS system is quite easier to accomplish this which may actually be a bad thing

In reality, the system was design for those that fear a cocked back hammer. If your scared of a cocked back hammer, carry something else.

I would be willing to bet that people wouldn't have a problem with C'd & L'd 1911s if they where made like this, even though there is still a cocked back hammer inside that cannot be de-cocked.....
http://www.cylinder-slide.com/media/ccp0/prodxl/RH-Viewxlg.jpg

ETA: I wish the above wasn't so darn expensive since I think its a pretty great concept. I'd own one if they weren't $3500. It could be a big brother to my 1903. :cool:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg683/scaled.php?server=683&filename=colt1903.jpg&res=medium

Nakanokalronin
08-03-2011, 10:25
Delete

Agent6-3/8
08-03-2011, 10:54

+1

SFS systems are just plain useless. They "fix" a problem that doesn't exist...

That makes absolutely no sense at all. In BOTH cases, the thumb safety has to be disengaged for the weapon to be fired, along with the grip safety. In this sense, it wouldn't matter if the C&S kit was installed or not. A normal 1911 won't go bang unless the bad guy disengaged both safeties.

Think about it again...it's a stupid system that has no actual purpose, other than to be a gimmick to make money.

+1 again...

They offer nothing from an officer safety standing point over a C&L 1911.

drc767
08-03-2011, 11:52
+1

SFS systems are just plain useless. They "fix" a problem that doesn't exist...

+1 again...

They offer nothing from an officer safety standing point over a C&L 1911.

Sure it does.....it puts the "poor" bad guy on an equal footing with the LEO when the SFS system fails. I find absolutely ZERO positives about that system. It is a "feel good" system for the politically correct, at best. At worst, it will get you killed if it malfunctions.

boomhower
08-03-2011, 12:14
I'm trying to wrap my head around this but am failing miserably. The most common LEO gun out there is a Glock. I would say 99.9999% of LEO's carry with one in the tube. If it goes, the bad guy has to just pull the trigger. The 1911 has two safeties that need to be disengaged. It may look "dangerous" with a cocked hammer but that's just perception of the uninformed, at least that what it seems to me.

It seems that I am only getting half the story so I apologize if this has already been beaten to death somewhere else.

bac1023
08-03-2011, 12:21
I'm trying to wrap my head around this but am failing miserably. The most common LEO gun out there is a Glock. I would say 99.9999% of LEO's carry with one in the tube. If it goes, the bad guy has to just pull the trigger. The 1911 has two safeties that need to be disengaged. It may look "dangerous" with a cocked hammer but that's just perception of the uninformed, at least that what it seems to me.

It seems that I am only getting half the story so I apologize if this has already been beaten to death somewhere else.

Yeah, the whole concept is just ridiculous, in my opinion.

allrad
08-03-2011, 12:56
If they came direct from the manufacturer how do you know they were the C&S system? Perhaps they were not.

CMG
08-03-2011, 15:08
First rule when you find yourself in a hole:

Stop digging!

polizei1
08-03-2011, 15:24

Stop digging!

Wait, I thought you were suppose to dig faster to get to the other side? :rofl:

bac1023
08-03-2011, 15:26

Stop digging!

Wait, I thought you were suppose to dig faster to get to the other side? :rofl:

:animlol:

fnfalman
08-03-2011, 16:12
If they came direct from the manufacturer how do you know they were the C&S system? Perhaps they were not.

Where do you think C&S get their ideas from? Did they just dream up this system that TWO arms manufacturers had put out nearly TWENTY-YEARS ago?

If these systems were to work so well, FN and Daewoo would have sold a boatload more of these guns back in the days.

glock2740
08-03-2011, 16:23
http://www.wikirage.com/images/wikirage.com/rage.gif
:rofl:That's funny. :rofl:

limbkiller
08-03-2011, 16:41
Easy dudes!! Let up on the OP a little bit. I agree with everyone on this thread that its a waste of time and money , but everybody isn't the same. I think the bump stock is the next thing to sliced bread and James wouldn't "waste his money" on it. He is looking at something that might benifit him not you. As long as he shoots guns and hates Odumbo it's all good. :soap:

fnfalman
08-03-2011, 16:47
Nobody's slamming the OP. We slam the stupid idea/product that C&S is putting out. We can't help it if the OP's feelings are hurt because we don't agree with what he thought a good idea.

I think that Colt M1911s are da shiznit. Others disagree. You don't see me crying about why you all don't think highly of Colts.

bac1023
08-03-2011, 16:55
:rofl:That's funny. :rofl:

:rofl:

TKR Reptiles
08-03-2011, 17:22
Nobody's slamming the OP. We slam the stupid idea/product that C&S is putting out. We can't help it if the OP's feelings are hurt because we don't agree with what he thought a good idea.

I think that Colt M1911s are da shiznit. Others disagree. You don't see me crying about why you all don't think highly of Colts.

And the fact he had to post 3 separate threads to beat a dead horse kind of makes it hard to take him seriously.

limbkiller
08-03-2011, 17:23
I:hearts:Colts myself.

limbkiller
08-03-2011, 17:24
And the fact he had to post 3 separate threads to beat a dead horse kind of makes it hard to take him seriously.

New to the internet maybe? :supergrin:

bac1023
08-03-2011, 17:25

:agree:

TKR Reptiles
08-03-2011, 17:26
New to the internet maybe? :supergrin:

Internet? WTF is the Internet??? :supergrin:

limbkiller
08-03-2011, 17:44

2 yrs. ago that's what I said. Now my family says I'm addicted.

knedrgr
08-03-2011, 18:30

Al Gore invented it...

bac1023
08-03-2011, 18:31
Al Gore invented it...

TKR Reptiles
08-03-2011, 18:34
Al Gore invented it...

Who is Al Gore? Is he a celebrity?

knedrgr
08-03-2011, 18:36

Nope, he's a cyborg from the future.

BigLaw
08-04-2011, 09:08

He's the guy who discovered ManBearPig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk

faawrenchbndr
08-04-2011, 11:13

TKR Reptiles
08-04-2011, 11:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk

:animlol:

rvrctyrngr
08-04-2011, 19:01

Oh, I dunno...the fact that I'm reasonably intelligent about guns, and HiPowers in particular...that and the flier in the box that described the mechanism and how to operate it.

drc767
08-04-2011, 19:13
I cannot believe this thread is even still going......especially with the other one that the OP started on the same subject.

faawrenchbndr
08-04-2011, 19:15
The OP actually started three threads! :wow:

Hokie1911
08-04-2011, 19:16
I cannot believe this thread is even still going......especially with the other one that the OP started on the same subject.

I was just thinking that...

bac1023
08-04-2011, 19:25

:agree:

...not that we're talking anything about the original subject. ;)