Hornady XTP .45 230gr; no Bullseye? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hornady XTP .45 230gr; no Bullseye?

2TheRange
08-03-2011, 17:14
I have reloading data from my Speer manual for a 230gr JHP using BE but I can't find any data using it for the XTP. I got some of these bullets on sale and am comfortable starting with minimum loads, but am curious why Hornady omits data using BE. Found this thread that shows the Hornady manual.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/hornady-230gr-xtp-load-data-needed-42866/

Something wrong with BE for this bullet?

fredj338
08-03-2011, 17:30
I have reloading data from my Speer manual for a 230gr JHP using BE but I can't find any data using it for the XTP. I got some of these bullets on sale and am comfortable starting with minimum loads, but am curious why Hornady omits data using BE. Found this thread that shows the Hornady manual.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/hornady-230gr-xtp-load-data-needed-42866/

Something wrong with BE for this bullet?

Not at all, BE is fine under the XTP. There are something like 20 powders that will happily run a 230grJHP in the 45acp & BE is like 1000yrs old, it's why Jack still uses it. You obviously need another manual, everyone should have at least 2. You can go to the Alliant site for data as well. I am not a fan of starting data, but just up from average starting should run any 45acp. When you are done playing w/ BE, go try some WST.

2TheRange
08-03-2011, 17:47
Not at all, BE is fine under the XTP. There are something like 20 powders that will happily run a 230grJHP in the 45acp & BE is like 1000yrs old, it's why Jack still uses it. You obviously need another manual, everyone should have at least 2. You can go to the Alliant site for data as well. I am not a fan of starting data, but just up from average starting should run any 45acp. When you are done playing w/ BE, go try some WST.

Thanks! I do need another manual. WST...I see Hodgdon supplies Winchester power now but they don't show WST or which power replaces that.

fredj338
08-03-2011, 20:14
Thanks! I do need another manual. WST...I see Hodgdon supplies Winchester power now but they don't show WST or which power replaces that.

The Hodgdon site lists WST in their data for the 45acp.