B.P. Agent Brian Terry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : B.P. Agent Brian Terry

ronduke
08-04-2011, 20:24
U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry: Semper Fidelis & Honor First
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jTJq_VfS8

I know that it was found that the gun(s) that killed Officer Terry were involved in the ATF Fast and Furious sting. Does anybody remember if he was the BP agent that had to use a bean bag round to respond to deadly force or was that another agent?

Sam Spade
08-04-2011, 20:28
U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry: Semper Fidelis & Honor First
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jTJq_VfS8

I know that it was found that the gun(s) that killed Officer Terry were involved in the ATF Fast and Furious sting. Does anybody remember if he was the BP agent that had to use a bean bag round to respond to deadly force or was that another agent?

He was, but he was not the only one.

Unistat
08-05-2011, 06:37
If I remember correctly Agent Terry's group was on a different operation and either stumbled upon or were ambushed by the BGs. The bean bag rounds were for the original operation.

I could be remembering wrong or it could be that was just one of the "theories" or "spin" I remember.

A thanks to the Agents in the Border Patrol for the hard and undervalued work you do everyday.

Get some, 963!

Sam Spade
08-05-2011, 06:56
No, you remember wrong, perhaps because you're trying to inject common sense into a criminally stupid situation.

Terry and the BORSTAR crew were sent into Peck Canyon in search of a group of armed robbers who were preying on illegals making the trip north. They were the ambushers. They were mandated to use less-lethal in their initial contact and attempts to apprehend the AK-toting felons. Who signed off on ordered the criminally negligent ROE has not yet been revealed, and I'm blaming Napalitono, since BORSTAR is not a Sector asset.

Unistat
08-05-2011, 07:59
Thanks for the clarification. The whole situation is a Charlie Foxtrot, even before all the Fast and Furious info came out. It's heartbreaking and infuriating all at the same time.

i8547
08-05-2011, 11:40
Brian was BORTAC, not BORSTAR.

Glock22C
08-06-2011, 14:38
from what i heard is that the FBI ballistic results neither proved or disproved that the 2 AK47s were used to kill him, since the bullet was so badly damaged, but it was certain that it came from a rifle.