legal issues with Gen 3 recoil spring adaptor? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : legal issues with Gen 3 recoil spring adaptor?

jack76590
08-04-2011, 21:06
Mas,

Thinking about a Gen 4 G19 a bit down the line, when all the issues are shaken out. Have a Gen 3 G19 but grip has always seemed a bit off for me. The Gen 4 grip feels good in shop, so may give it a try in lieu of grip reduction on Gen 3.

Discussed with JR on another thread using the Gen 3 recoil spring adaptor for standard velocity loads and Gen 4 dual spring for +P carry loads.

While I would probably under this procedure have the Gen 4 standard dual spring in the glock, if used for defense, maybe not.

Things happen and I would probably use the adaptor for standard velocity fed 9BP loads, which I like and may carry.

So to my question after long background. Do you see any legal problems defending yourself with Gen 4 glock using Gen 3 mainspring with aftermarket adaptor?

I would also sand off the ridges in grip, install aftermarket night sites, install trigger with smooth face (glock manufacturer), and maybe install NY1 trigger spring and negative connector (again use glock manufactured parts). On the last modification have to see how the Gen 4 standard trigger feels.

Mas Ayoob
08-04-2011, 22:22
Jack, I've never seen a recoil spring issue become a problem in court. Given that Glock has for several years now approved the NY-1 trigger with the 3.5/4.5 lb. connector, I personally don't see any problem with any of the other modifications you're planning.

best,
Mas

jack76590
08-05-2011, 16:31
Thanks Mas,

I don't mind a like extra recoil or even a little extra wear, so I may end up using for all loads, what I consider a proven 9mm RSA. What I do not want is jam caused by less than perfect grip/stance. And in a stress situation I consider it possible I may have less than perfect grip/stance.

Jack