Beck [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Beck

emt1581
08-05-2011, 05:45
I remember time and time again he had these explanations of what would happen. It used to go like this...

10am- Markets have dropped a few hundred/thousand points in the US.

10:30am- China follows and their markets crash.

11am- The NYSE is closed down to prevent further loss....

Anyone else remember those? Maybe it's me being a pessimist but I do believe we are seeing that now and the next week or two will be VERY interesting given that the government has little to no BS left to serve up anymore...

Back to Beck...we've spoken about him at length and while some loved him, some liked him, and others down right hated him...what he shared seems to be what is happening. It's just some didn't like his antics and thought it wiser to stick their fingers in their ear, close their eyes, and say "la la la la I can't hear you la la la!!!"...or just boycott his advertising slots...

-Emt1581

rockabillyrider
08-05-2011, 06:02
I hate to remind you, but he did mention it would happen on a Thursday as well. :shocked: More bad new around the world on Friday. A weekend cool down period and cross your fingers that things look better on Monday. If it continues to drop, by Thursday it is over. That's how fast it will happen.

Give me a minute to get into my flame suit, I'll be right back.

GeorgiaGlockMan
08-05-2011, 06:52
Give me a minute to get into my flame suit.........

I for one don't think you need it. The next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting.

Nothing but "I told you so" can be done at this point (if you are good to go). For others, I have nothing but sympathy.

Bilbo Bagins
08-05-2011, 07:59
There is a show he did when he was describing how political propanganda from both sides was like a chess game, and we were all pawns. The white chess pieces were the Democrat side (so not to look racist when he mentioned which piece was Obama) and the black side was the Republicans. Definately the Democrat King was George Soros, but he had this look on his face when saying he did not know who the Republican King and Queen was. He knew but He would loose his job if he did. I was literally screaming at the TV for him to say it.

His show was 20% really good information that you would get no where else. The rest of it was GOP talking points, touchy/feely stuff, and various rantings.

I listened to him for years and even before 9/11 and the mormon thing, he was a closet prepper. I think he surrounded himself with some real smart people and a lot of politicians gave him some hard core off the record info.

I don't think he knew when and how it was coming, but he read the tea leaves way before anyone else did. Its a shame he was too much of a goofball. We Goofballs are never taken seriously.

G29Reload
08-05-2011, 09:00
Its really a disservice to all of us that he's not doing 5 oclock any more.

He hit the nail on the head more times than you can shake a stick at.

I'm glad I had enough warning that I preserved his last month or two on DVR. Kept about 2 dozen shows on DVD.

SFCSMITH(RET)
08-05-2011, 12:07
Never did watch him. 1) I felt like he was preaching to the choir.. 2) his confrontational style in the few interviews I did see, didn't work for me.

Just out of curiosity.. what was the "Mormon thing"?

GeorgiaGlockMan
08-05-2011, 12:38
Never did watch him. 1) I felt like he was preaching to the choir.. 2) his confrontational style in the few interviews I did see, didn't work for me.

He joined the morman church. Believe his wife was morman first or something like that.

Donn57
08-05-2011, 12:47

Your loss. If the message is new, preaching to the choir is necessary. And he basically quit doing interviews quite early in the life of the show. He did occasionally have guests, but only to reinforce what he was saying.

kirgi08
08-05-2011, 13:07
tagged.

SFCSMITH(RET)
08-05-2011, 13:31
Your loss. If the message is new, preaching to the choir is necessary. And he basically quit doing interviews quite early in the life of the show. He did occasionally have guests, but only to reinforce what he was saying.

Sorry, when I say "preaching to the choir", I only meant myself..

As in, raised by parents who prepped, as in, had Mormon grandparents on one side, and Lutheran, farmers who lived in the middle of nowhere in the great white north on the other. As in, my parents raised nearly every piece of meat, and nearly every vegetable/fruit I had ever eaten before joining the Army. As in, 20 years in the military and an Eagle Scout...

I did not know he joined the LDS church.

wildcat455
08-05-2011, 15:02
If you miss him on TV, check out his radio show if able. Times vary by geographical location, in my area, he is on from 12 noon until 3 pm.

I've always gotten more out of his radio show than his TV stuff, but it's all good.

Today on the radio, he was discussing some of our government tracking systems...

Sounds like real tin foil hat stuff, but it is literally amazing
(and Scary) what they can do.

I guess someone better hand me my tin foil hat... I'd like a XXL, because the way things are going, I'm gonna grow into it!

cowboy1964
08-05-2011, 15:33
Took bad he left Fox. He would have had a ball with the debt limit debate.

TangoFoxtrot
08-06-2011, 04:52
I remember time and time again he had these explanations of what would happen. It used to go like this...

10am- Markets have dropped a few hundred/thousand points in the US.

10:30am- China follows and their markets crash.

11am- The NYSE is closed down to prevent further loss....

Anyone else remember those? Maybe it's me being a pessimist but I do believe we are seeing that now and the next week or two will be VERY interesting given that the government has little to no BS left to serve up anymore...

Back to Beck...we've spoken about him at length and while some loved him, some liked him, and others down right hated him...what he shared seems to be what is happening. It's just some didn't like his antics and thought it wiser to stick their fingers in their ear, close their eyes, and say "la la la la I can't hear you la la la!!!"...or just boycott his advertising slots...

-Emt1581

I give Beck, and clowns like Rush Limbaugh no credit for anything! They are entertainers looking to drum up sponsers with their rhetoric and irresponsible broadcasting. They are just radio hacks.