Well, it still works [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Well, it still works

Z28ricer
08-05-2011, 23:39
After getting my Kimber UCII back tuesday, after 9 months without it, and today being a rainy day, it was time to take it to the range.

3 mags,wwb, 7 yds, sights only

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff177/Z28ricer/Guns/DSCN0930.jpg

2 mags, wwb, 7 yds, 1 mag laser, 1 mag sights only

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff177/Z28ricer/Guns/DSCN0931.jpg

1 mag, ranger T 230+P, 7 yds, boy did these kick like a mule, I dont remember the HST 230+P having that much recoil, should have fired some to compare.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff177/Z28ricer/Guns/DSCN0932.jpg

bac1023
08-06-2011, 01:15
Cool

Glad to hear :)

faawrenchbndr
08-06-2011, 05:51
Did the CT Laser still work? Don't forget to get the batteries out if they're dead.

Z28ricer
08-06-2011, 12:09
Did the CT Laser still work? Don't forget to get the batteries out if they're dead.

Yes, they were still in good shape, I had just replaced them for the first time not long before it's departure.

It worked great for breaking my friend of his recoil anticipation problem. Took a bit though, but its great when you can see exactly whats going on for where the muzzle is pointed.

HAIL CAESAR
08-06-2011, 14:19
Were was it for 9 months??

faawrenchbndr
08-06-2011, 14:33
Were was it for 9 months??

Police evidence room lock up. I'll let him explain

Z28ricer
08-06-2011, 14:38
Police evidence room lock up. I'll let him explain

Bingo, long story short, walking back home after going for a run late night after some car work, as I was turning onto my street, thinking the two guys walking the opposite direction were going to walk right past me, I was hit in the face with who knows what, and as I was coming back upright one is shouting "ni**a you james, whats up now" and coming at me and reaches for his left hip, (my name definetly isnt james, nowhere close" at which point I drew and fired.

If you want the long of it, there is a big thread on it here, with probably links to the medias poor attempt of the truth, or blatant ability to misrepresent what actually happened in an effort to do whatever sells best.

HAIL CAESAR
08-06-2011, 17:37
Holy smokes.....I'd love to read that thread and stories.

Glad your still alive!

Cerebrus
08-06-2011, 18:44
indeed.. is there a link to the thread?

Z28ricer
08-06-2011, 18:47
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1304465

limbkiller
08-06-2011, 19:00
Real sorry you had to go thru something like that. The Mall ninjas hope it will happen and the rest of us hope it does'nt. Glad you are OK.

MD357
08-06-2011, 19:09
I'm amazed you got it back that "quickly." :cool:

How'd he get shot in the back and "buttocks?" or is that media spin? Just curious.

Z28ricer
08-06-2011, 19:17
I'm amazed you got it back that "quickly." :cool:

How'd he get shot in the back and "buttocks?" or is that media spin? Just curious.

I'm not sure if he did or he didnt, I've *heard* that two hit him in the side or back, I'm going to guess after shots 1&2, is probably when he realized his victimizing someone had failed, and decided to try to get away, I couldnt tell a direction change till he turned left and dropped.

limbkiller: those guys must not have ever been in a situation that they even came close to having to defend themselves like that, I was almost in a situation several years back where I had to use my G30, guy was playing tough guy and decided to display the AK47 he had in a duffel bag, that was a bad enough experience, and I didnt get to eat for several hours, when I was starving right before it happened. This was far worse.

Cerebrus
08-06-2011, 19:18
Wow.. glad yer ok man..hope the family is not going after you civilly.. Makes me remember what my CCW instructor said.. if you shoot someone regardless whether if they live or die.. its gonna cost you at least 20k in legal fees..

Z28ricer
08-06-2011, 19:22
Wow.. glad yer ok man..hope the family is not going after you civilly.. Makes me remember what my CCW instructor said.. if you shoot someone regardless whether if they live or die.. its gonna cost you at least 20k in legal fees..

I'm quite certain you've actually got to have some sort of foot to stand on to attempt it, from what i've seen if you do have to defend yourself and win, you're reimbursed, in FL, when you've got the criminals accomplice stating his planned actions, and someone defending themself within the law, i'm sure its hard to get a judge to hear your case.

Cerebrus
08-06-2011, 19:25
Well I was living in Kalifornia (land of the lawsuit) at the time.. so that explains quite a bit.. Still good to hear that you are not having any legal issues

Z28ricer
08-06-2011, 19:28
Ahh, kommiefornia.

This product is known to the state of california to cause cancer, that product is known to the state of california to cause cancer, you know what, the common denominator here is california.

California causes cancer.

PawDog
08-06-2011, 19:41
Z28, I remember your incident without having to re-read the original thread here.

Glad to hear you finally got your Kimber back, and aren't facing any civil litigation from the shooting. :cool:

SouthpawShootr
08-06-2011, 19:48
Glad to see everything turned out well and you got your property back. I missed the original thread but read the article at the top of the thread.