Aimpoint deals... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint deals...

pal2511
08-06-2011, 03:56
******tactical has a aimpoint twist mount 3x maginifier for $349.00 I thought I would pass it on...
I know a lot of people dont like the company but what can you do :)

I have never ordered from them but I have had friends order that have had no problems.

What do you guys think of the deal?

Also found a website called slickguns.net that looks similar to slickdeals.net

trifecta
08-06-2011, 17:14
******tactical has a aimpoint twist mount 3x maginifier for $349.00 I thought I would pass it on...
I know a lot of people dont like the company but what can you do :)

I have never ordered from them but I have had friends order that have had no problems.

What do you guys think of the deal?

Also found a website called slickguns.net that looks similar to slickdeals.net

I think you meant slickguns.com?

pal2511
08-08-2011, 06:06
Yes slickguns.com I believe. Thanks ;)

I figure someone would get it working anyhow thats what google is for right?

Pvt.snoballz
08-08-2011, 14:48
i had a nightmare with ******... google their lovely CS and you will find plenty of horror stories.

xsiv4s
08-08-2011, 15:22
I wanted to support Glocktalk advertisers and on three occasions I bought a case of Hornady 308 TAP ammo from them. Anyone can sell products with 90-95% customer satisfaction (even ******). It is how you deal with the other 5-10% that tells you a lot about a company. Iíve been in sales and customer service most of my life and I have never seen a company as bad as ****** in fulfilling their commitments and dealing with problems they create. Here is a small excerpt from one of half a dozen emails I have sent them over the last 2 months:
1. The first case of 308 T.A.P. ammo was purchased and paid for very quickly. There was a significant delay in shipping and something of a delay after it was said to have been shipped.
2. The second case was held because the online salesperson wanted a form filled out and faxed in. This was a repeat purchase of an identical item, but I went ahead and filled out the form.
3. The third case arrived today. It was very odd that it came in a UPS Express box rather than the actual manufacturerís case as before, once I got inside I realized why. This was a customer return from Mark H. in Clinton, Mississippi. Not only is it a customer return which would make anyone wary, when I opened the box it contained only nine boxes of ammunition instead of ten. Ammo is perhaps the most critical component for a firearm and apparently this came in to ****** and was shipped back out without anyone even opening the box???

The bottom line is, a company doesnít get a mountain of bad press for no reason. In ******ís case, they work diligently to earn every piece of bad feedback they get.

xsiv4s
08-09-2011, 14:42
Over the weekend I ran across some excellent Aimpoint clones at the Gunshow. Fortunately, the seller was selling them as clones at a much lower price, otherwise, I am not sure I would have known the difference. I did some research and here are some things to look for:

1. The M, P, and O in the Aimpoint logo are distinctive.
2. The Comptacís are shipped in white boxes and have serial numbers engraved in them (many of the fakes are in brown boxes and have screen-printed decals and serial numbers).
3. Take off the mount and there will be a proprietary design made specifically by R&D of Aimpoint to handle recoil, these are machined in.
4. The top of the turrets are laser etched.
5. Aimpoint puts a sticky in manual that matches serial number on the scope.
6. The power knob will not have slack between settings. Also, the settings appear to be the same but with some force, the fakes will turn all the way around (the real ones will not).
7. When you look at the lens head on it should be red and when you angle it away from you it will turn yellow and then a pale green.

pal2511
08-10-2011, 02:50
I was reading on another forum that the aimpoint magnifiers at ****** are made in sweden. That sounds cool at first but I guess Aimpoint usa will not honor the warranties. Thats no good!