Sound hunting advice. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sound hunting advice.

Zombie Steve
08-06-2011, 11:37
I don't profess to be the great white hunter or anything, but the "needing to pee quickly" comment in the bibs thread reminded me of a duck hunt many years ago in Nebraska. Suffice it to say it's a bad idea to eat gas station frozen burritos and drink PBR with your buddies the night before duck hunting. Makes you a pretty unpopular guy in the blind. Not the kind of calling you want. It's also a good idea in general to bring toilet paper and keep it at the top of your pack. :whistling::supergrin:

Feel free to share any hard-knocks hunting wisdom here.

CanyonMan
08-06-2011, 22:38
I don't profess to be the great white hunter or anything, but the "needing to pee quickly" comment in the bibs thread reminded me of a duck hunt many years ago in Nebraska. Suffice it to say it's a bad idea to eat gas station frozen burritos and drink PBR with your buddies the night before duck hunting. Makes you a pretty unpopular guy in the blind. Not the kind of calling you want. It's also a good idea in general to bring toilet paper and keep it at the top of your pack. :whistling::supergrin:

Feel free to share any hard-knocks hunting wisdom here.

:rofl: :rofl:

Man I do not leave the ranch house PERIOD, without my emergency kit ! Half roll of toilet paper ! I started that as a young kid when I got caught about a mile from the truck, a foot, deer huntin, in a Oklahoma blizzard on the ranch up home, and had to go and had NO T.P. I had to strip off from the waste up and use my favorite T- shirt. Besides I like to froze to death in sub zero weather ! :rofl:

Sound wisdom ! Carry an emergency kit ! T.P. :supergrin:

CM

bassman-dan
08-07-2011, 00:47

Man I do not leave the ranch house PERIOD, without my emergency kit ! Half roll of toilet paper !:supergrin:CM

And as a youngster I learned early that there are NO tree leaves or other vegetation that makes a good substitution. TP/towelettes now reside in both the Jeep & day pack. (Those baby wipes are one of the great technological advances of our time!):supergrin:

Zombie Steve
08-07-2011, 09:25
Seems like I woulda learned, but I had to give up my favorite hankie last year hiking the side of a mountain. Precarious work on a 50 degree scree slope.

Here's a tip I'm sure my dad would have added to this thread: When getting in your tree stand before dawn, take a second and check for bobcats. :shocked:

noway
08-07-2011, 09:36

Man I do not leave the ranch house PERIOD, without my emergency kit ! Half roll of toilet paper ! I started that as a young kid when I got caught about a mile from the truck, a foot, deer huntin, in a Oklahoma blizzard on the ranch up home, and had to go and had NO T.P. I had to strip off from the waste up and use my favorite T- shirt. Besides I like to froze to death in sub zero weather ! :rofl:

Sound wisdom ! Carry an emergency kit ! T.P. :supergrin:

CM

Part of start of the day 4 my hunting, is to stop at any of the numerous rob-and-stop gas stations and get a hand full of napkins. I carry these into the field along with a a few wrinkled newspaper ads section. Makes for a great outdoor emergency if you have to do #2.

CanyonMan
08-07-2011, 11:09
Part of start of the day 4 my hunting, is to stop at any of the numerous rob-and-stop gas stations and get a hand full of napkins. I carry these into the field along with a a few wrinkled newspaper ads section. Makes for a great outdoor emergency if you have to do #2.

The napkins I can understand... The ad section of the news paper make you a much tuffer Hombre than me amigo ! Unless, your reading the want ads while taking care of business then using the napkins ! I'm so spoiled I am strickly a 'Charmin carrier' myself. HaHa :rofl:

Man what a thread ! Only Steve could have come up with this stuff. :tongueout:

Try the comic section next time noway, at least their more fun ! :supergrin:

Stay safe my friend.

CanyonMan

CanyonMan
08-07-2011, 11:29
Originally Posted by CanyonMan
Man I do not leave the ranch house PERIOD, without my emergency kit ! Half roll of toilet paper ! CM

And as a youngster I learned early that there are NO tree leaves or other vegetation that makes a good substitution. TP/towelettes now reside in both the Jeep & day pack. (Those baby wipes are one of the great technological advances of our time!):supergrin:

Leaves and vegetation ! ? Man try living HERE and forgetting the T.P. :wow: Ha.

This is just the easy parts out behind the ranch house. haha

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/IMG_0115.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/IMG_0070-1.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/IMG_0117.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/stuff%20to%20share/Copyofpics119.jpg

This will make you remember the emergency kit ! Man those poor Comanche's that used to live on our place ! haha.

Be thankful for leaves and vegetation amigo... hahaha !

Stay safe.

CM

barstoolguru
08-07-2011, 11:52
need to pee a lot

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Urinal-with-Female-Adapter/dp/B000M3DCHI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1312739487&sr=8-3

and take a Diarrhea pill to lock up the system for the day

noway
08-07-2011, 19:22
The napkins I can understand... The ad section of the news paper make you a much tuffer Hombre than me amigo ! Unless, your reading the want ads while taking care of business then using the napkins ! I'm so spoiled I am strickly a 'Charmin carrier' myself. HaHa :rofl:

Man what a thread ! Only Steve could have come up with this stuff. :tongueout:

Try the comic section next time noway, at least their more fun ! :supergrin:

Stay safe my friend.

CanyonMan

The ad section I hardly ever read, so it's the 1st to go to the south side. If you wrinkle up the paper , it's kinda soft

Zombie Steve
08-07-2011, 22:10
Thought about using socks once.

Zombie Steve
08-07-2011, 22:14
Once when I was about 15 I went deer hunting and had to pee so bad in the stand I thought I was going to pop a kidney. I finally decided I couldn't take it any more, so I peed out of the deer stand. I was sure that meant I wouldn't see anything for the rest of the trip, but less than 20 minutes later I had a bunch of dumbass does walk right under the stand. Sure enough, their buck eventually came walking out and I got him.

:thumbsup:

CanyonMan
08-08-2011, 06:51
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: To noway and Steve and ALL... Bye guys, I am "POOPED OUT," on this one. Gotta go ! :tongueout:

May you all be blessed with strong bladders and much T.P. ;)

WHEW !

CM

Dennis in MA
08-08-2011, 09:34
need to pee a lot

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Urinal-with-Female-Adapter/dp/B000M3DCHI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1312739487&sr=8-3

and take a Diarrhea pill to lock up the system for the day

With female adapter. This thread. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zombie Steve
08-08-2011, 10:02
This subject is nothing to sniff at, Dennis.

gjk5
08-12-2011, 21:53
we scouted this area out and glassed the day before, it ended up taking MUCH longer to get to the shooting spot than we anticipated. I was starving when I got there so I wolfed an entire MRE with all the sides and used the whole thing of tabasco. About 30 minutes later I had the most painful and mentally disturbing craps of my life. I am pretty sure I killed the tree I deuced on.

Zombie Steve
08-12-2011, 23:05
:whistling:

sourdough44
08-13-2011, 05:48
If need be use your undies or socks, BTDT.

BuckeyePPC
08-15-2011, 06:46
I have a bunch of these traveling johns in my car, range bag, and camper for emergencies. You urinate in the unit and the liquid mixes with the beads to become a gel like substance. Keep using it until you fill the bag, then you can dispose of the bag later. It all stays solid.

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-John-66911-TravelJohn-Disposable-Urinal/dp/B000NV878S/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1313412009&sr=1-2

BK63
09-11-2011, 08:24
Once when I was about 15 I went deer hunting and had to pee so bad in the stand I thought I was going to pop a kidney. I finally decided I couldn't take it any more, so I peed out of the deer stand. I was sure that meant I wouldn't see anything for the rest of the trip, but less than 20 minutes later I had a bunch of dumbass does walk right under the stand. Sure enough, their buck eventually came walking out and I got him.

:thumbsup:

I had a guy tell me that he's peed out of his tree stand for 30 years and still shot deer. Some people are nuts about scent block and some not. I know a guy that was peeing into ziploc bags he was so paranoid. Only problem is when I went to use his tree stand, he left the bags up there. :upeyes:

Zombie Steve
09-11-2011, 09:40
Ziploc bags? I could see that getting really messy.

I certainly don't recommend peeing out of the stand if you can avoid it, but scent might just be less important than people think.

ctaggart
09-11-2011, 23:15
None of my old hunting pants have pockets. Coincidentally I forgot TP.

On one morning that I had to do the deed the temperature was probably close to 5 degrees. I just climbed down, did my business fifteen feet away and shot a buck an hour later!

RRTX11
09-13-2011, 15:32
Since I have become a father......I never go hunting or fishing without baby wipes.