1911 in new CDNN catalog? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 in new CDNN catalog?

Drilled
08-06-2011, 18:05
Does anyone know about the 1911 on the first page of the CDNN catalog for $349...make...junk...etc?

glock2740
08-06-2011, 18:11
http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2011-3/index.html

Wilson? :dunno:

:tongueout: :rofl:I don't know what it is. Would make a good truck gun.

Drilled
08-06-2011, 18:26
I think it is a Turkish gun had some fairly good reviews.

Or maybe a RI?

Javelin
08-06-2011, 18:31
Hey it SAYS "1911 A-1" so I would imagine it is GTG....

:rofl:

Drilled
08-06-2011, 18:38
Hey it SAYS "1911 A-1" so I would imagine it is GTG....

:rofl:

Dubious at best.

michael e
08-06-2011, 18:39
Saw that when got it in mail yesterday, was wondering about it too. If anyone gets one let us know.

Cerebrus
08-06-2011, 18:43
I am going to go with Umarex.. I tried calling but its kinda lat on a sat eve.. I will call again on Monday.. I am kinda curious now..

Drilled
08-06-2011, 19:00
I am a real novice smith...and have done a couple of cheap 1911's...don't mind on a cheap gun...especially if it is mil-spec.

Like the 1911 and enjoy modifying. with better internals.

Gary1911A1
08-07-2011, 04:15
I read on another board it's the Turkish Regent. I may not of spelled that right and that's hearsay from another forum. The fact CDNN doesn't say who makes it is enough to scare me off.

glock2740
08-07-2011, 04:58
I'm actually more interested in the Browning 325WSM shown on the next page...:whistling:

mes228
08-07-2011, 05:38
Some here underestimate Turkish firearms. I believe that some here are fans of H&K at the same time. They are connected I believe. I've read of a Turkish company that has some the most advanced machining capabilities in the world. Many H&K parts are manufactured by them I believe. I cannot remember the company name but have owned a shotgun made by them under their own name. Great defensive shotgun that cost peanuts. It's all about specifications in todays manufactuering world. Quality is not "where" it's made, but "how" it's made. My senile old brain cannot remember the Turkish companies name - just the general info in the article a few years back.

Drilled
08-07-2011, 06:50
Found this:
http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/IAC-Regent-Model-R100/

http://www.trabzonsilah.com/eng/index.php

Liked this too...save a fortune on ammo:
http://www.colt22rimfire.com/

Nakanokalronin
08-07-2011, 08:24
I have an R100 and although its been nothing but reliable, the slide to frame fit became very loose in no time. It rattles like a gun that's had 100,000 rounds through it even though its only been a few thousand. I would say that at about round 500 is where it got pretty loose.

For a beater or gun to tinker with I would say go for it but I personally wouldn't buy another. It is nice to have a beater version of your favorite platform though. :winkie:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg846/scaled.php?server=846&filename=r100.jpg&res=medium

Javelin
08-07-2011, 09:03
I have an R100 and although its been nothing but reliable, the slide to frame fit became very loose in no time. It rattles like a gun that's had 100,000 rounds through it even though its only been a few thousand. I would say that at about round 500 is where it got pretty loose.

For a beater or gun to tinker with I would say go for it but I personally wouldn't buy another. It is nice to have a beater version of your favorite platform though. :winkie:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg846/scaled.php?server=846&filename=r100.jpg&res=medium

Thanks for the review! :)

Nakanokalronin
08-07-2011, 09:41
I'll add that I changed pretty much everything out of the Regent over time. Hammer/sear/disconnector/leaf spring/hammer spring are now C&S, trigger opening in the frame was not finished well so fitting a new trigger took longer than usual, the safety is just some random extended type I had laying around so I threw in a stainless slide stop to match, fit the Ed Brown grip safety and rounded the frame tangs by hand without a jig :shocked:, swapped the sights with something a tad better than the G.I. type, slightly extended ejector and tweaked the stock extractor, oversized firing pin stop since the stock one let the extractor clock over on occasion and grips plus screws.

I basically had all this stuff in my parts bin and decided it would be a little side project to make my beater as good as it can be to suit my needs. If left stock the R100 will run fine and if the one at CDNN is indeed an R100 and they improved it a tad since my model then that is one heck of a deal. I said I would never buy another but if it was sitting at my LGS for $350...I mean, why not? :embarassed:

Drilled
08-07-2011, 17:38
I'll add that I changed pretty much everything out of the Regent over time. Hammer/sear/disconnector/leaf spring/hammer spring are now C&S, trigger opening in the frame was not finished well so fitting a new trigger took longer than usual, the safety is just some random extended type I had laying around so I threw in a stainless slide stop to match, fit the Ed Brown grip safety and rounded the frame tangs by hand without a jig :shocked:, swapped the sights with something a tad better than the G.I. type, slightly extended ejector and tweaked the stock extractor, oversized firing pin stop since the stock one let the extractor clock over on occasion and grips plus screws.

I basically had all this stuff in my parts bin and decided it would be a little side project to make my beater as good as it can be to suit my needs. If left stock the R100 will run fine and if the one at CDNN is indeed an R100 and they improved it a tad since my model then that is one heck of a deal. I said I would never buy another but if it was sitting at my LGS for $350...I mean, why not? :embarassed:

I bought an Armscor 4-5 years ago and traded all the internals out and it has a lot of rounds through it...for a $300 gun at the time...it is a very good shooter!

I have carried before but prefer to just shoot and say proficient on the 1911...
can not say a bad word about the gun.

jrs93accord
08-07-2011, 17:55
Does anyone know about the 1911 on the first page of the CDNN catalog for $349...make...junk...etc?

It could be made by Shooters Arms Mfg. (S.A.M.) in the Phillipines.

awpk03s
08-07-2011, 19:38
The email blasts I have gotten on it say "#IAC1911A1BK $349.99"
Makes me think it is an IAC Regent.

bac1023
08-07-2011, 20:38
I like my Regent quite a bit.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ollituc/002-20.jpg

Nakanokalronin
08-07-2011, 21:31
The front to back of the grip is also longer than a standard 1911. I own 7 other brands of 1911s and I felt it as soon as I gripped the R100. Using my micrometer and putting them side by side with my other models confirmed it.

Bac, with your extensive collection I'm wondering if you felt it as well.

Fedor
08-07-2011, 21:37
On the Davidsons website the IAC is no longer called a Regent.
The Regent is listed under the Umarex brand.

brandrum
08-07-2011, 22:06
my wife works there...I can tell you it is Turkish made.

Nakanokalronin
08-07-2011, 22:23
Did Umarex make it an 80 series? I just watched their disassembly video and the 80 series lever in the frame and the stop in the slide is as clear as day.

Click the video in the middle to the left. http://regentarms.com/products/models/r100.html

Skip to 1:49, 3:17 and 3:27. One thing I defiantly liked about the R100 was that it was a 70 series. Ah well.

bac1023
08-08-2011, 01:42
The front to back of the grip is also longer than a standard 1911. I own 7 other brands of 1911s and I felt it as soon as I gripped the R100. Using my micrometer and putting them side by side with my other models confirmed it.

Bac, with your extensive collection I'm wondering if you felt it as well.

I never took notice, but I'll check it out.

Magicmanmb
08-08-2011, 07:07
Had a friends stepson try to trade me for a G17. His was an American Tactical
Catalog says that most 1911 mags will work. Asked the local dealer about parts etc... He said that a lot of the parts are MIM and extractors, barrel bushings needed work to get them to fit on a lot of the ones they sold. They had so many come back now they only sell the .22lr version.

Drilled
08-08-2011, 11:21
The ad in CDNN says it is a series 70...I won't buy an 80...does the grip difference mean it may not accept Chip McCormick mags?

Was the bushing fit the issue for the returns?

Fedor
08-08-2011, 11:54
Had a friends stepson try to trade me for a G17. His was an American Tactical
Catalog says that most 1911 mags will work. Asked the local dealer about parts etc... He said that a lot of the parts are MIM and extractors, barrel bushings needed work to get them to fit on a lot of the ones they sold. They had so many come back now they only sell the .22lr version.

That's funny, the quality of my ATI Titan is great.
I would take an ATI 1911 over a Glock anyday.

Nakanokalronin
08-08-2011, 14:29
The ad in CDNN says it is a series 70...I won't buy an 80...does the grip difference mean it may not accept Chip McCormick mags?

Was the bushing fit the issue for the returns?

Not sure if your referring to my post but, the grip difference I meant was from the front strap to the rear of the frame. They did this by making the front strap thicker than it needs to be. I thought the reason was because it had a cast frame (first cast framed 1911 I owned) but since then I've owned a few more cast framed 1911s and they're all right where they should be.

My R100 has never had a problem, even with McCormick mags.

Drilled
08-11-2011, 07:13
Not sure if your referring to my post but, the grip difference I meant was from the front strap to the rear of the frame. They did this by making the front strap thicker than it needs to be. I thought the reason was because it had a cast frame (first cast framed 1911 I owned) but since then I've owned a few more cast framed 1911s and they're all right where they should be.

My R100 has never had a problem, even with McCormick mags.

Indeed, it was to your post.
I bought it...just another project gun...lots of issues with a cheap gun...but I like it so far with 400 rds. through it. Guess I am a a smith wannabe!

Nakanokalronin
08-11-2011, 12:53
Indeed, it was to your post.
I bought it...just another project gun...lots of issues with a cheap gun...but I like it so far with 400 rds. through it. Guess I am a a smith wannabe!

So the pictures and/or review are where now? :whistling: