Londonites hold rally to show support for police [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Londonites hold rally to show support for police

ronduke
08-07-2011, 00:09
Rioters went on the rampage in north London, torching police cars, a bus and a shop amid widespread looting following a protest over the fatal shooting of a armed man by police officers. "It is believed that two shots were fired by a firearms officer, equipped with a H and K MP5 carbine. A non-police issue handgun was recovered at the scene. "An officer's radio which appears to have a bullet lodged in it has also been recovered. Both the radio and the handgun are being sent for expedited forensic tests

http://news.yahoo.com/fires-looting-london-riot-012105864.html

TreverSlyFox
08-07-2011, 00:30
Hehehehe, sounds more like Chicago or LA.

Morris
08-07-2011, 01:20
Yep, no kidding. Neighborhood organizers rallying their people . . .

DonGlock26
08-07-2011, 06:43
Good shoot! Suck it up criminal supporters.

_

Deployment Solu
08-07-2011, 08:13
Did I hear right?? MP5??? I love my MP5!!!!! Glad to hear there are SOME people in the UK that are properly armed!!!!

merlynusn
08-07-2011, 11:09
Fox is saying something like 26 officers were injured in the riots.

MeefZah
08-07-2011, 11:12
I always thought that Europeans were more sophisticated, and socially evolved, than we are.

But geez, if this is how they respond to a good police shoot, how the hell would they respond to a questionable one?

And it's a damn shame that in this day and age there are still British officers who are not firearm equipped.

RogueUK
08-07-2011, 12:11
I always thought that Europeans were more sophisticated, and socially evolved, than we are.

But geez, if this is how they respond to a good police shoot, how the hell would they respond to a questionable one?

And it's a damn shame that in this day and age there are still British officers who are not firearm equipped.

Ah, but it wasn't a "good shoot". It was an "Operation Trident" shoot, which makes it automatically bad, hence the rioting :upeyes: Operation Trident targets gun crime in London's black community, specifically drug related.

From what I've heard at least one bullet hit the personal radio - thankfully, and possibly why it's an injured officer not a dead one. If you consider the usual location of the radio it could have been very bad:

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/armed-police-415x275.jpg

Patchman
08-07-2011, 17:19
Thank god for drugs and the de rigueur guns. And all the mayhem that flows from the two. Otherwise, half of LE would be out of jobs. :)

RogueUK
08-09-2011, 11:59
Hmm, it appears the the policeman who was shot, was shot by the other policeman not by the bad guy. The bad guy has been confirmed as being armed which should prevent the officers getting raped for the sake of political convenience, but the news won't help calm the situation.

Currently 100+ officers wounded, London's Metropolitan Police Service have been pulling in officers from all around the country and are currently requesting any MPS volunteer or retired officers to contact them to deploy.

Politicians are refusing to make any useful decisions and we're kicking off with another night of "watching London burn" :upeyes:

Thoughts and prayers requested for all those guys who have to dodge the housebricks being thrown at them without being allowed to do as much as say a rude word...

Morris
08-09-2011, 12:18
Politicians are refusing to make any useful decisions and we're kicking off with another night of "watching London burn"

I see our politicians share similar traits.

HoldHard
08-10-2011, 08:23
Thoughts and prayers requested for all those guys who have to dodge the housebricks being thrown at them without being allowed to do as much as say a rude word...

Since the only thing that these mobs have to fear is the security cameras (which can be defeated by a mask or bandanna) they won't stop until harsh justice is swiftly administered.

July 1967
Detroit, Michigan
While battling fires set by the rioters, firefighters were being shot at by snipers.
U.S. Army troops were deployed to the streets.
Riot ended.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhisfvfdU11qh4zx1o5_500.jpg

I doubt that any UK politician has the balls to do anything near that... maybe authorizing watercannons and if things really get bad, plastic bullets. (Wouldn't want to actually hurt the mopes).

HH

Hack
08-10-2011, 09:18
Since the only thing that these mobs have to fear is the security cameras (which can be defeated by a mask or bandanna) they won't stop until harsh justice is swiftly administered.

July 1967
Detroit, Michigan
While battling fires set by the rioters, firefighters were being shot at by snipers.
Riot ended.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhisfvfdU11qh4zx1o5_500.jpg

I doubt that any UK politician has the balls to do anything near that... maybe authorizing watercannons and if things really get bad, plastic bullets. (Wouldn't want to actually hurt the mopes).

HH

As a veteran National Guardman I can tell you that the training took a different turn for this kind of stuff after Kent State and the like. They wanted us to be more police like, (use of less lethal and what have you), with a couple acting as designated marksmen in tow. Being an expert rifle shooter to begin with I would have been one of those picked for that, and I kid you not when they mentioned in training for that type of thing at the time that a person so picked for the job had to be able to shoot at limbs as well as center mass. As far as I am concerned now a days if they are trying to come after me with lethality in their intent it is game on.

RogueUK
08-10-2011, 12:01

A little bird told me that, at the time they desperately needed one, there wasn't (i) a watercannon available or (ii) anyone trained and authorised to use it anyway, on the mainland at least. Not sure how true that is but I tend to trust the source.

HoldHard
08-11-2011, 08:53
A little bird told me that, at the time they desperately needed one, there wasn't (i) a watercannon available or (ii) anyone trained and authorised to use it anyway, on the mainland at least. Not sure how true that is but I tend to trust the source.Wow....

The one guy that was trained probably got sacked in the cutback.

HH

Unistat
08-11-2011, 09:15
July 1967
Detroit, Michigan
Riot ended.

To bo honest, I wouldn't be suprised at a repeat of this soon. Only I think this time no troops would be sent in. Not in this PC dominated era.

Worst case scenario: After three or four days all the food will be gone from the city and no trucks will go in to deliver. The rioters and non-rioters alike will flee the city into the burbs and become looters/refugees.

RogueUK
08-11-2011, 10:33
Worst case scenario: After three or four days all the food will be gone from the city and no trucks will go in to deliver. The rioters and non-rioters alike will flee the city into the burbs and become looters/refugees.

Incredibly unlikely, the disturbances probably affected a tiny percent of the city. Life carried on in most of it.

As for the population feeling the city - I hope not, more than 10% of the country's population live in that city, I've no idea where we'd put them all!

Unistat
08-11-2011, 17:16
Incredibly unlikely, the disturbances probably affected a tiny percent of the city. Life carried on in most of it.

As for the population feeling the city - I hope not, more than 10% of the country's population live in that city, I've no idea where we'd put them all!

Sorry, I was referring Detroit, not London.

Glock21Owner
08-11-2011, 21:25
There used to be a young English policewoman who posted here; Louise I think her name was. I hope she is okay.

RF7126
08-12-2011, 01:35
There used to be a young English policewoman who posted here; Louise I think her name was. I hope she is okay.

Limeycop? Is that right?