Sw sd40 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sw sd40

Glock22r
08-07-2011, 09:15
I know this will garner bad press here in this forum , but Im gonna let it out anyways , this gun is not a Sigma and it is not an MP , it is better than both of those and quite frankly its better than my Glock 22 , I love my Glock 22 , but after buying this pistol and shoving 500 rounds through her , it shoots awesome , its a little smaller than the 22 , more even probably with the 23 , fits alot better in the hand than any Glock , very similiar to the glock and heres the thing as people will rant about Glock clones , If Glock made a great gun and people copied it and made it better , excellent , kinda like the 1911 , I love 1911's , I have a Colt and want to get a Sig ,maybe a Kimber , they are all 1911's though , just like Glock its not a knock its a compliment!

I just feel for the money you cant beat the SD line , glocks are selling for around $450-700 new , SD's sell for around $350-500 , Buds has the sd9 for $367 , Im not a nine fan though! I do like the G19 though~

voyager4520
08-07-2011, 09:31
Congrats! I'm intrigued by the SD series. How would you compare the trigger to a Glock? Is there as much pre-travel or a crisper break?

Glock22r
08-07-2011, 09:41
I would say that the trigger pulls are different in that the Glock is a little looser , the SD at least the way I read it initially and it turns out (the article was right) ,after several hundred rounds and dry pulls the trigger drops and becomes smoother , right now the SD is probably around 8 pounds and the glock is at 5-6 pounds, but they have different triggers so it makes it kinda hard to tell , Personally I dont think the pull feels that strong, many say it has that (sigma) revolver pull , but Smith Wesson fixed that years ago even on the Sigma , the SD doesnt have that at all .

The SD series has a long smooth pull , it really isnt a double action revolver pull though , it feels really good , I would suggest if you can go to a range and rent one and get a glock 23 too , you will feel difference almost immediately , I have hard time distinguishing between guns in reviews , but you'll notice the difference almost immediatly , wheres as the glock is boxy , the mp series is kinda oval , the SD fits just right it has the ergonomics of the hand in mind! and shooting is fun !

I had a Glock 23 for years ,let it go (for other reasons) , recently bought a 22 and thought why not get a something as a backup , the SD fit the bill , im not throwing the towel in on Glock all my guns have a purpose and role to fill! Just to let you know OMB police supply is selling used G22 for $299 2nd gen , and g23 for $329 , not bad deals right there!

vr4 case
07-10-2012, 21:09
A friend of mine got one in a trade and is trying to sell it. Any more opinions on the SD40 now that its been out for about 2 years?

bac1023
07-11-2012, 04:40
I've liked the models I've handled. Its sort of like a middle ground between the M&P and Sigma.