Kemp, TX - All Water Towers Run Dry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kemp, TX - All Water Towers Run Dry

Javelin
08-08-2011, 17:17
Seems folks have no water at all and their faucets are as dry as the summer heat.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979849261

My thoughts are with those good folks of Kemp. Hope those good folks are preppers.... seems that we can all learn something about something as simple as a drought can cause calamity if we don't stay on top of the basic necessities.

:wavey:

farmer-dave
08-08-2011, 17:27
I'd hate to be the preper that had a few hundred gallons of water in my basement, and have the neighbors find out. I'm assuming their having water hauled in. Couldn't get the article to upload.

Deployment Solu
08-08-2011, 17:58
Last Friday our water main that feeds our area burst. No tap water, no water to flush the toilet for two days AND a boil advisory in effect for three days after it was restored.

My wife USED to give me hell about the 20 cases of bottled water and the 15 5gal buckets with lids filled with water I keep in the house and the garage. I guess she never dreamed that the toilet wouldn't work without water!!! Funny how that bottled water can be used for things from filling the coffee pot, brushing teeth, and.. oh yeah, drinking!!!! That was a simple lesson learned for her. I think she gets it!!!LOL!!!

pugman
08-08-2011, 18:48
Wisconsin is getting hammered as I type. Yesterday we had an 1" fall in about an hour; this storm right now will easily add an 1" or more in a couple of hours.

Friends live in TN and Alabama...not sure what's worse..literally no rain all summer or 24" in a day?

TangoFoxtrot
08-09-2011, 03:02
Seems folks have no water at all and their faucets are as dry as the summer heat.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979849261

My thoughts are with those good folks of Kemp. Hope those good folks are preppers.... seems that we can all learn something about something as simple as a drought can cause calamity if we don't stay on top of the basic necessities.

:wavey:

Amen to that!

John43
08-09-2011, 06:49
Kemp has a house fire and they had to bring in a water truck to fight the fire. It was a firemans nightmare.

MajorAmby
08-09-2011, 07:22
Last Friday our water main that feeds our area burst. No tap water, no water to flush the toilet for two days AND a boil advisory in effect for three days after it was restored.

My wife USED to give me hell about the 20 cases of bottled water and the 15 5gal buckets with lids filled with water I keep in the house and the garage. I guess she never dreamed that the toilet wouldn't work without water!!! Funny how that bottled water can be used for things from filling the coffee pot, brushing teeth, and.. oh yeah, drinking!!!! That was a simple lesson learned for her. I think she gets it!!!LOL!!!
lol good stuff. Yeah it always gets in the way... until you need it, then you wish you would have lived with more inconvenience by having more of it in the first place!