[WTF] lumbar adjust on a 2011 CVPI??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : [WTF] lumbar adjust on a 2011 CVPI???

Cochese
08-08-2011, 23:20
Ok, I have a 2011 CVPI and some EOE hire cranked up the lumbar support. There ain't no button on the side of the seat like usual. I noticed its missing traction control but has a CD player??

Some weird option package the *******s in fleet ordered to make my life hell for 4 years till I mile this piece of dick out.

Anyway, I googled to no avail. HTF do you adjust this? I'm on till 7am and I'm considering stabbing the MFer and taking the days off.

Halp.

lloydchristmas
08-08-2011, 23:48
We have one as well. Feels like there's less room in the cockpit? Feels like theres a cinder block thrust into your back? Neck, back and shoulders sore after driving around for a half-hour?

Yep. Ford dealer says this is normal. No adjustment for lumbar in new cars.

Brilliant.

Guys used to fight over the new cars at our department. Now it mostly sits unless we need it. Chief finally sent it back to Ford, saying, "Fix it." Ford removed seat, took off upholstery, shaved off some foam and said "Viola!"

It's some better, but still sucks. Good luck!

Cochese
08-09-2011, 00:05
FML.

Thankfully, there are a few 2010s running around. I'll promptly rebid an older car and let some ******* have this. All the FNGs just drive the new cars anyway, instead of miling out our turds.

I hate CVPIs and I HATE our fleet people.

I want a suit and a ****ing desk.

:soap:

Goldendog Redux
08-09-2011, 00:07
I wouldn't know what an oh-11 feels like, I ain't worthy. I have an '06 I was issued with 100k. The lumbar thing rests about the shoulder blades and I bought a crappy wire seat pad at wal mart to disguise the feel of the metal bar under my ass. I made a peep about my ride and almost got it shoved up my culo. The thing is pretty fast though. I'd rather have a Tahoe.

MF

lloydchristmas
08-09-2011, 00:17
Maybe put in a soothing yet inspirational CD?

Cochese
08-09-2011, 01:52
Some knob left their gay country mix disc in it. I felt my BP go up another ten points when I heard that ****.

GPalmer
08-09-2011, 02:06
Some knob left their gay country mix disc in it. I felt my BP go up another ten points when I heard that ****.

Well, if it makes you feel better, that's a lovely shade of lipstick you have on...:whistling:

OFCJIM40
08-09-2011, 02:10
I really wonder if eventually with what Ford has done to these seats, off set wheel to pedals and other bad ergonomics if we could ever have enough evidence for a class action lawsuit for back pain, injury and/or disability. I'm not even kidding. How can Ford be so inept to not get the seats and other ergo things right over these years.

Also for guys in old cars, document if you are starting to have pain or possible injury. Request that the remedy is to have the seat rebuilt or request to be assigned to a different car. If they refuse document, document, document. It can turn into a Workman's Comp or medical disability issue. Protect yourself!

Cochese
08-09-2011, 04:35
Well, if it makes you feel better, that's a lovely shade of lipstick you have on...:whistling:

I give ur mom all teh credit. :supergrin:

I really wonder if eventually with what Ford has done to these seats, off set wheel to pedals and other bad ergonomics if we could ever have enough evidence for a class action lawsuit for back pain, injury and/or disability. I'm not even kidding. How can Ford be so inept to not get the seats and other ergo things right over these years.

Also for guys in old cars, document if you are starting to have pain or possible injury. Request that the remedy is to have the seat rebuilt or request to be assigned to a different car. If they refuse document, document, document. It can turn into a Workman's Comp or medical disability issue. Protect yourself!

Our department has rebuilt a CVPI seat, and an Expedition seat as well.

These cars are all just pieces of AIDS though. No dead pedal. Terrible lumbar support in the new cars. Crappy head rests that don't even let you sleep good in the '10 and older models.

I can't wait till whatever we order to replace these turds show up en masse.

Agent6-3/8
08-09-2011, 06:30

Be careful what you wish for. You might just end up with FWD Impalas. Now those things suck!

razdog76
08-09-2011, 06:36
My CVPI's seat is causing me grief too.

It amazes me how I have never had a problem from my 1996 Jeep Cherokee seat, but my #$%&@## CVPI seat makes my back start to hurt almost as soon as I sit in it, and it seems like the power adjustment seat does not have a useful setting.:steamed:

Its a take home car, and I constantly adjust it. Jeep seat, adjusted once every couple of years when someone else drives it.

Dukeboy01
08-09-2011, 07:40
These cars are all just pieces of AIDS though. .

Awesome. I am going to make it my mission in life to start using variations of the phrase "___________ are/ is just pieces/ a piece of AIDS!" as often as I can.

ClydeG19
08-09-2011, 09:02
I rented a 2011 CV when I was on vacation a few weeks back and didn't notice anything about the lumbar support (or lack thereof). It was fine for me. I don't know if the police version has a different seat though. Granted, I didn't take my duty belt on vacation with me.

On a side note, every year I hear Ford cancelled the CVPI, yet every year more are rolling off the line. What gives? Is it over or not?

razdog76
08-09-2011, 10:13
They make no more, http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/10q1/2012_ford_police_interceptor-car_news

We are supposed to get 4 or 5 next year. I spoke with one of our Sgt's that got to test drive one. Said it was fast, and handled better than the CVPI, but smaller inside.

We use toughbook computers, which take up some space, then shotgun/AR rack, the cage, camera, and radar. Space will become even more important than it is now.

rdrkt
08-09-2011, 10:20

It amazes me how I have never had a problem from my 1996 Jeep Cherokee seat, but my #$%&@## CVPI seat makes my back start to hurt almost as soon as I sit in it, and it seems like the power adjustment seat does not have a useful setting.:steamed: We still have some super comfortable 94 and 95 Cherokees in service. If you need me to take that uncomfortable CV off your hands Lmk :cool:

DaBigBR
08-09-2011, 10:31
I rode with another department recently in an '11 and found the center back area of the passenger seat much firmer and more supportive than the previous model years. I'm only good for a couple hours in the passenger seat of my assigned '10. Might be a different experience with a belt and vest...always run the lumbar support in the '10 completely deflated.

razdog76
08-09-2011, 10:35
We still have some super comfortable 94 and 95 Cherokees in service. If you need me to take that uncomfortable CV off your hands Lmk :cool:

In the last 18 months, I have replaced my 96 Jeep's shocks, all ball joints, and tie rods... with a supercharger, and converting it to a 4 wheel performance disk brake, I could make a killer cruiser out of it, but the Sheriff said no.:crying:

snichols28
08-09-2011, 11:34
I say you total that 2011 heap out and felony menace your head fleet dude until you get a ride like this. Just sayin'

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/snichols28/CHARGER.jpg

Gangrel
08-09-2011, 12:16
I just rode in an '11 the first time the other day. I also noticed there was no lumbar support and that the head rest basically makes you hunch over like a mad person if you want to have any sort of back support at all. I hate it. Between that and the fact that our fleet services decided to flip flop the light control box and radio from where they are in every other squad car (so I can never find the button I'm searching for with my finger tips... officer safety???), moved our ticket printer, added a new computer mount that doesn't lock in place, added an arm rest that prevents you from using the rifle mounts... what the hell were they thinking?

Oh wait, it has cruise control! Yay!

rookie1
08-09-2011, 13:08
We just had a car changed over to a 2011. I noticed the support was all sorts of stupid. I found a button on the front of the seat between your legs.

razdog76
08-09-2011, 13:30
I found a button on the front of the seat between your legs.

I would suggest not touching that button while at work, nothing, and I mean nothing good will happen.:supergrin:

COLOSHOOTR
08-09-2011, 14:07
I give ur mom all teh credit. :supergrin:

Our department has rebuilt a CVPI seat, and an Expedition seat as well.

These cars are all just pieces of AIDS though. No dead pedal. Terrible lumbar support in the new cars. Crappy head rests that don't even let you sleep good in the '10 and older models.

You'll probably get what you wish for and you'll be driving that new Ford POS with front wheel drive and minimal options.... Just wait it's probably a bigger POS then the CVPI.

Cochese
08-09-2011, 17:18
Be careful what you wish for. You might just end up with FWD Impalas. Now those things suck!

I drove an '01 Impala in 2004. They took it from me after two motor mounts and a trans mount.

It amazes me how I have never had a problem from my 1996 Jeep Cherokee seat, but my #$%&@## CVPI seat makes my back start to hurt almost as soon as I sit in it, and it seems like the power adjustment seat does not have a useful setting.:steamed:

Its a take home car, and I constantly adjust it. Jeep seat, adjusted once every couple of years when someone else drives it.

We had ONE CV with the power seat option which was mistakenly delivered and stickered. It was just taken out of service in May. The power seat was like a bar of gold.

Awesome. I am going to make it my mission in life to start using variations of the phrase "___________ are/ is just pieces/ a piece of AIDS!" as often as I can.

:supergrin:

I like AIDSatitis-C as well.

I say you total that 2011 heap out and felony menace your head fleet dude until you get a ride like this. Just sayin'

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/snichols28/CHARGER.jpg

Does it come with an assistant to handle roadside cooling repairs and scheduling monthly brake jobs? :whistling:

I just rode in an '11 the first time the other day. I also noticed there was no lumbar support and that the head rest basically makes you hunch over like a mad person if you want to have any sort of back support at all. I hate it. Between that and the fact that our fleet services decided to flip flop the light control box and radio from where they are in every other squad car (so I can never find the button I'm searching for with my finger tips... officer safety???), moved our ticket printer, added a new computer mount that doesn't lock in place, added an arm rest that prevents you from using the rifle mounts... what the hell were they thinking?

Oh wait, it has cruise control! Yay!

I noticed after my rant that they in fact moved the CD player to where the in car radio should be.

I really want to go **** on someone's desk.

We just had a car changed over to a 2011. I noticed the support was all sorts of stupid. I found a button on the front of the seat between your legs.

I looked. Nothing between my legs but broken hopes and dreams.

You'll probably get what you wish for and you'll be driving that new Ford POS with front wheel drive and minimal options.... Just wait it's probably a bigger POS then the CVPI.

The bosses all have them now. Probably only a matter of time.

Hack
08-09-2011, 17:37
Heck, after we lost the CVPI and got the Impalas I was about ready to cry for the CVPI back. Back seat area is awful for the long legged guy, and fitting in certain camp inmates is then a chore. We have one that is a secured cage car. Thing was wrecked shortly after having it, but not wrecked enough to completely take it out of service. I would rather have a Tahoe for a chase car.

Cochese
08-09-2011, 17:48
Maybe we should ask redneck 1691343465456 what he drives?

Cochese
08-09-2011, 17:49
My favorite patrol "car" of all time is the 2002 Explorer 4.0L AWD. Hands down.

Comfy, roomy, fast, agile, decent handling, better turning radius, AWD, etc. blah.

I miss it.

Cochese
08-09-2011, 17:53
God rest its soul.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qNu-FwYxgzE/TkHIZIJ9HbI/AAAAAAAADNU/0D6PhOXJQj0/exp1a.JPG

Hack
08-09-2011, 17:56
Maybe we should ask redneck 1691343465456 what he drives?

:cool:

CW Mock
08-09-2011, 20:09
I have noticed most police cars are chock full of FAIL.

The only upside to the Dodge I had for 6 months were the seats - they were a lot better than the CVPI, and actually centered. Oh, and the 5.7 liter V8 was a screamer ... but visibility, build quality and ease of maintenance sucks. I hope Dodge chokes to death on the ****ed up valve stems my car had. They randomly failed at the TPMS, and let the air out of the tire. Random tire, random time. Dodge Charger = Piece of AIDS. New Dodge Charger = Piece of AIDS with new sheetmetal.

I am now back in a 2009 CVPI ... and its seats suck. No lumbar support, lumpy and off centered. Add to the fact all CVPIs have felt like gutless wonders since 2005, I hate that Piece of AIDS too. BUT! At least its dead nuts reliable compared to the Dodge, and doesn't rattle apart in a year. If Ford could have put a real engine in that car, better brakes and a decent seat, I'd probably be really happy with it.

Here is hoping for the Caprice ...

trdvet
08-09-2011, 20:26
Noticed that and the huge head rests on my 2011.

GPalmer
08-09-2011, 20:39
I looked. Nothing between my legs but broken hopes and dreams.

You'll never know how hard it was to keep that from being my new sig line... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cochese - I looked. Nothing between my legs but broken hopes and dreams.

BigLaw
08-09-2011, 21:08
We run white CVPIs, as well as one of the local city PD's. The paint is flying off of them in big chunks. Several have been repainted with a few more waiting. 2 supervisors have the silver street package, both are having minor paint flake problems, nothing like the white ones. One silver has been back to Ford 3 times over a knocking sound in the motor, also a spring came through the bottom of the seat and stabbed him in the ass. The other silver has a funky electrical issue. One day it will start, one day it wont. When it does run the radio sometimes wont come on or it will whine, and its hooked straight to the battery and the ground was changed several times. These are 2008-2010 models. I won't give my 06 up. It has been just as good as my 1998 and 2002 models I had in the past.

op2k
08-09-2011, 21:33
Lol, I too am having some growing pains adjusting to my 2011. From the unadjustable lumbar to the frying pan size headrest that pushes my head down at a weird angle. Add to that the fact that now my light bar box is mounted between the seats as opposed to near the radio where it used to be.

When I rest my arm on the armrest, my hand hovers over the buttons on the box. I can't tell you how many times in the past month my fingers have accidentally pushed the yelp or airhorn, scaring the crap outta me and the unsuspecting drivers around me :rofl:

Other than that I love it because it still looks and smells new.....and it has all the paint. By the time I turned my '07 in, the hood and trunk were faded gray, as opposed to the black and white on the rest of the car.

indigent
08-09-2011, 22:41
Good lord you still complain a lot. It sounds like Charlie Brown'smom in here.
Just make the modifications yourself and take the days.

And stop telling us about the hopes and dreams smashed between your legs. This is a family oriented forum.

Dukeboy01
08-10-2011, 06:36
You know, how stupid is it that Ford bothered to redesign the seats for the 2011 MY CVPI when they knew it was going into the dumpster next year anyway? And then to have made it worse? Somebody should get fired.