Website Suggestions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Website Suggestions

drc767
08-10-2011, 06:45
I hope I am not breaking any forum rules, but I am looking for a little feedback. I have a buddy in Vegas that has been working on my DRC1911 website the last couple days. Right now we are in the infancy stages (ie. very basic) of the site to just get it up and running. There is much more work to do and I would love, either by PM, email or reply to this post, any feedback, either positive or negative as to the site as it stands right now. It is certainly a work in progress and I respect the knowledge on this forum.....Any idea/suggestions? Like maybe a Joe Holly Tribute page or something? :rofl:

http://drc1911.com/

GeorgiaRedfish
08-10-2011, 06:54
Suggestion? A free 1911 day to celebrate. I'll take a GI American please.

seriously though it looks good to me

Scratch16
08-10-2011, 06:58
In the "Customers Pistols" page, it might help newer 1911 fans to see a few before and after photos with a list of the mods performed. We'd get a frame of reference for what we're looking at.

Quack
08-10-2011, 07:00
In the "Customers Pistols" page, it might help newer 1911 fans to see a few before and after photos with a list of the mods performed. We'd get a frame of reference for what we're looking at.

those are all ordered the way you see them in the photos.

Scratch16
08-10-2011, 07:15
those are all ordered the way you see them in the photos.

When I read "I specialize in custom and semi-custom 1911 pistols" on the main page, I just assumed that some of the pictures were of semi-custom pistols. I didn't realize those were all complete customs. Newguy, here, remember.

Quack
08-10-2011, 07:18
they were custom ordered guns, but still "semi-custom" guns

drc767
08-10-2011, 07:18
When I read "I specialize in custom and semi-custom 1911 pistols" on the main page, I just assumed that some of the pictures were of semi-custom pistols. I didn't realize those were all complete customs. Newguy, here, remember.

Actually, most of the pistols in that section are Semi-Custom builds. They are Semi-Custom builds that are spec'd by the customer.

thecableguy
08-10-2011, 07:52
Actually, most of the pistols in that section are Semi-Custom builds. They are Semi-Custom builds that are spec'd by JOE.

Fixed :tongueout:

Seriously looks good so far Dave.

Gunshine
08-10-2011, 08:01
I like the site. Especially the customer gun photo's.

lsbbigdog
08-10-2011, 08:09
Dave- looks very nice. I hacked up my website and trying to my buddy to straighten it all up ,but yours looks very professional.

Hope it helps you make a bunch of sales !

faawrenchbndr
08-10-2011, 08:09
Looks VERY nice,.......

Cerebrus
08-10-2011, 08:55
Looks great Dave, my suggestion would be to center up the main page to even up the dead space a little bit.. and maybe drop the advert from TOS.. unless y'all have made up..:supergrin:.. Other than that looks great!... :thumbsup:

skdmrklcy
08-10-2011, 09:22
My only nitpick would be to have all the link images be the same size, it would be a pain but look a lot better. Not bad though how it is.

I also can not find the buy one get one free coupon page?

CMG
08-10-2011, 10:09
Dave,

I like the site. Will you be holding inventory?

If so, a link to what you have might be good, even if it's only a list.

carguy2244
08-10-2011, 10:20
A website filled with pics of cool guns - what more could anyone ask?

Thanks for providing information regarding the CQB vs. the GC, and hooking me up with Brandon so I can compare for myself. You're a good gun dealer.

djackson
08-10-2011, 14:51
looks pretty good, glad to see you getting your site up and running

BigDeeeeeeee
08-10-2011, 18:03
It looks great Dave, great causes on the left, great guns on the right. Not always having the greatest connection I also appreciate a website that's not to busy.:wavey:

drc767
08-10-2011, 20:22
My only nitpick would be to have all the link images be the same size, it would be a pain but look a lot better. Not bad though how it is.

I also can not find the buy one get one free coupon page?

Agreed.....and it has been discussed. My buddy is doing this for me as a favor and he told me he wanted to get the main website up and running and functional first. Then he is going to go back and try to make all the link images the same size, and fine tune it. He has not done web development in a long time, so he is knocking off the rust. I am totally happy with it right now. Hopefully he does not delete my phone number and email address by the time we get done with this.....:rofl:

skdmrklcy
08-10-2011, 20:32
Yeah I did webstuff a long time ago... it can be annoying stuff at times.

glock2740
08-10-2011, 20:33
I hope I am not breaking any forum rules, but I am looking for a little feedback. I have a buddy in Vegas that has been working on my DRC1911 website the last couple days. Right now we are in the infancy stages (ie. very basic) of the site to just get it up and running. There is much more work to do and I would love, either by PM, email or reply to this post, any feedback, either positive or negative as to the site as it stands right now. It is certainly a work in progress and I respect the knowledge on this forum.....Any idea/suggestions? Like maybe a Joe Holly Tribute page or something? :rofl:

http://drc1911.com/
I like the whole Joe Holly Tribute page concept. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

glock2740
08-10-2011, 20:43
On a serious note, I think it looks really professional and if the guy doing the work is rusty, I bet he really does some good stuff once he's running full speed. :thumbsup: Per some of the comments, it would be nice if there was a listing of guns "in stock" for sale, but that's really not what DRC Firearms is all about. And it's really hard to have pics, other than what's been sold.

20South
08-10-2011, 21:00
E-mailed my feedback Dave. Great start!

20South
08-10-2011, 21:01
I like the whole Joe Holly Tribute page concept. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

I'm represented in there too brother!

Hokie1911
08-10-2011, 21:01
I came. I saw. I drooled.

glock2740
08-10-2011, 21:10
I'm represented in there too brother!
Yeah, I saw the Melonite twin, but Dave's lost pics of the HC'd twin. :crying:

drc767
08-10-2011, 23:28
On a serious note, I think it looks really professional and if the guy doing the work is rusty, I bet he really does some good stuff once he's running full speed. :thumbsup: Per some of the comments, it would be nice if there was a listing of guns "in stock" for sale, but that's really not what DRC Firearms is all about. And it's really hard to have pics, other than what's been sold.

In stock?? I never have a 1911 sitting around here long enough to be in-stock. If nothing else, it is on its way to Camden, Arkansas about 15 minutes after it arrives.......You know the drill, Joe. :)

knedrgr
08-11-2011, 05:52
I saw. I drooled. I came.

Fixed it for you. :rofl:

knedrgr
08-11-2011, 05:58
My only feedback would be to add the gun's make and model, and then separate their respective pictures into that section. This is similar to the many of the semi-custom houses and how they have their sites set up. This way, the viewer can quickly see what they are.

drc767
08-11-2011, 06:34
My only feedback would be to add the gun's make and model, and then separate their respective pictures into that section. This is similar to the many of the semi-custom houses and how they have their sites set up. This way, the viewer can quickly see what they are.

I think most of the pictures have a short description above the picture when they are blown up. I am wearing out my web guy, but we are sneaking up on it. He is really going to hate me when I talk to him about the suggestions my wife made.....good thing he likes her more than he likes me. :rofl:

knedrgr
08-11-2011, 06:48
I think most of the pictures have a short description above the picture when they are blown up. I am wearing out my web guy, but we are sneaking up on it. He is really going to hate me when I talk to him about the suggestions my wife made.....good thing he likes her more than he likes me. :rofl:

Yes, I did see the small description as I hover over the thumbnail. My suggestions was to make it even more easier to separate the hoards of thumbnails.

I hear you Dave. Any help your friend can do is great.

I'm strictly a print graphic design guy, and I can't code that good. If I was more proficient on it, I would offer to help out.

dnuggett
08-11-2011, 07:52
Great pics!