Question on pot heads.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on pot heads..

Detectorist
08-10-2011, 10:38
Besides the normal possession charges, are there specific laws, let's say in Missouri, which prohibits folks from smoking in front of their 2 yo child?

I ask because I need to put the fear of God in a young mother. And yes, she is HAWT!

Big House
08-10-2011, 10:52
Child endangerment, child neglect, state removing child from home. Can't see any of it happening though, as the system is overloaded. There would have to be some severe issues involved.

Goldendog Redux
08-10-2011, 11:03
You could always just sit down with her, have a few beers and have a heart to heart talk with her about the evils of marijuana.

MF

SCSU74
08-10-2011, 11:08
i always recommend a call to child protective services (CPS) they have a lot more power when it comes to punishment for neglectful parenting.

Hack
08-10-2011, 11:40
There is Family Services down your way. But, I don't know how they are there, or whether they will take it as an opportunity to get the child in the state system. If that happens the child will be placed in a foster care system for sure, first for protection as they investigate the mother. I honestly don't totally care for them, as I do know of a child, (now an adult), who has had her own abuses suffered under the foster care system.

So, get her sat down with people whom she can trust, including yourself. Have an intervention with some facts. You can get those facts straight off of the government and legal web sites that are available.

Here is a start:
http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/marijuana/missouri/

http://www.moga.mo.gov/STATUTES/C568.HTM

Vigilant
08-10-2011, 16:12
I would call Social Services and let them deal with it, and then make some tracks. I'm not perfect myself, but I have no intention of associating with a pothead, or anyone else who is into substance abuse.

Patchman
08-10-2011, 16:49
Not from MO but Child Endangerment (or something equivalent) comes to mind.

I too wouldn't want any of that drama... or any future dramas.

CAcop
08-10-2011, 21:10
Child endagerment in my state. CPS would tell her to knock it off. Same as if she was getting blitzed on beer.

And if you are hitting it either get snipped or stop hitting it. Running as fast as you can would be best.

Hack
08-10-2011, 21:13
Child endagerment in my state. CPS would tell her to knock it off. Same as if she was getting blitzed on beer.

And if you are hitting it either get snipped or stop hitting it. Running as fast as you can would be best.

I agree, especially on the last one. No physical, and emotional attachments in that regard.

Kadetklapp
08-11-2011, 06:31
Neglect of a dependent, taking child to a common nuisance.

DaBigBR
08-11-2011, 11:09
We would charge Child Endangerment here, don't know about MO.

SCSU74
08-11-2011, 15:13
Child endagerment in my state. CPS would tell her to knock it off.

CPS down here is pretty solid they will actually remove children from homes and the majority of them work very well with PD. I have a few that i feel comfortable calling and giving info to, they usually are the ones that are the most help :)

Detectorist
08-11-2011, 16:05

Thanks for all the advice!

I wish I were hitting it. :rofl: