Remington r1 replacement sights??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Remington r1 replacement sights???

tango44
08-10-2011, 11:45
Last Saturday after 150 rounds with my brand new R1, the front sight fell off! :steamed:

I want to get a replacement set, the original ones, I like those and want a new set as back up.

Where I can get the originals?
Called Rem and put me on hold for like 20 mins! and never answer again.

Thank you.

Quack
08-10-2011, 11:47
Remington

Fedor
08-10-2011, 12:01
Last Saturday after 150 rounds with my brand new R1, the front sight fell off! :steamed:

I want to get a replacement set, the original ones, I like those and want a new set as back up.

Thank you.

Wow... that's Ridiculous.

skdmrklcy
08-10-2011, 12:06
I would call Remington. I am sure they will take care of it even if it takes some patience.

mike g35
08-11-2011, 20:58
When you get the sights back on I would do myself a favor and get rid of the gun. It seems like if Remington can't get a sight on a handgun right they probably made a few other mistakes with it as well. I have only owned two 1911's a Taurus and a Rock Island Armory so I'm not an expert on the platform but I have shot the R1 and I thought it was an all around POS. The one I shot was brand new and it didn't cycle all that well but maybe it just needed a break in period. Never had a Glock do that though.

Hokie1911
08-11-2011, 21:41
Never had a Glock do that though.

That's kind of an unfair comparison. Perfection vs a 100 year old, heavy, low-capacity grandpa gun.

...and yes, I know I'm screwed if I ever have my gun thrown out of an airplane, run over by a dumptruck, filled with sand, buried in mud, or have to shoot it underwater when the SHTF. :crying:

Small Tony
08-11-2011, 23:56

Thank you.

I bought my R1 off Gunbroker and when I received it the slide had terrible brownish water stains on both sides. I made one 5 minute call and they paid both ways shipping, replaced the slide and had it back in a few days. Sorry to hear you were on hold for 20 minutes. If they replaced a brand new slide I don't see why they wouldn;t give you sights free of charge as well. Maybe try another phone call. My customer service was great.

Z71
08-13-2011, 20:53
The rear sight came loose on my R1..but I had read this could be an issue and was keeping an eye on the sights(literaly).

I had checked the setscrews for tightness previous to this, but the rear still got loose somehow or other.

This issue is one I've experienced before. A new Ruger P90 launched it's rear sight on me..and it had a much larger setscrew.

My rear sight has been staying tight lately but I think I'll put a bit of low-grade loc-tite on both dovetails.

tango44
08-13-2011, 21:25
Terrible customer service, no phone or email answer yet.

faawrenchbndr
08-14-2011, 07:30
.... Never had a Glock do that though.

That's because you can't get a Glock 30sf to reliably feed!

:rofl:
You KNOW I had to go there!

Rizzo
08-14-2011, 17:35
That's kind of an unfair comparison. Perfection vs a 100 year old, heavy, low-capacity grandpa gun.

Them's fightin' words right there, mister.

Don't you know that the 1911 singlehandedly won both world wars, defeated communism, keeps terrorists the world over at bay, and knocks down BG's dead with one shot?

Well... that's the history of the 1911 around here, anyway. :rofl::supergrin: