whats all this about? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : whats all this about?

Woo Woo
08-11-2011, 03:10
I hear there has been many people that have post here about a tactical wheel barrow, mall ninja, to an ak in the woods, ice cream cones and a person stalking someone with pics of there house and info.... whats the deal? Why are there so many weirdos? :dunno:

Herb Twoleaf
08-11-2011, 03:33
Ssshh don't bring up anything ever mentioned in a locked thread.

:upeyes: :supergrin:

Woo Woo
08-11-2011, 03:59
Ssshh don't bring up anything ever mentioned in a locked thread.

:upeyes: :supergrin:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/iamthejuggler/ohnoes.gif

Nestor
08-11-2011, 04:21
I don't know what you're talking about...so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head :bunny: BTW - I'm Polish, so I'm always excused.

ff-emtp
08-11-2011, 04:42
If you ever need any tools I have some rusted pliers you can borrow

airmotive
08-11-2011, 06:05
Lone_Wolfe [Archive] - Page 23 - Glock Talkglocktalk.com › Glock Talk › The Main Room › GNG Lounge -
100+ posts - 15 authors - Last post: Oct 26, 2010
Pincushion, my dog is such a princess that she would not take a ..... There's not much you can do about old age. Well, there is, but. ..... My goodness... Between doggie styles, chest-rubs, and moaning in ..... I'll buy, I'll even go so far as to buy you an extra scoop of BR Ice cream :supergrin: ...

RCP
08-11-2011, 06:09
What's weird about a tactical wheelbarrow? I have 3 of them

Teej
08-11-2011, 06:20
Aren't you going to ask about tin foil hats??? :whistling:

Ross-in-Pa
08-11-2011, 06:40
You can only talk about that stuff when you are wearing penguin shoes.

SAG
08-11-2011, 06:43
What's weird about a tactical wheelbarrow? I have 3 of them

+1

How many picatinney rails do you put on the left handle? I ask because things mounted there get in the way when I do a tactical compost reload. I was wondering what your experience was with rail mounted accessories on the weak side.

Ian Moone
08-11-2011, 07:00
You forgot to mention the advertizing banner that pops up. That's way more controversial than tacticool anything.

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-11-2011, 07:39
Sometime we ask why no one posts in the OAF anymore. This is one reason. Posts that get dumped outta GNG to here. Like the OAF is the trash can of GT. Makes me wanna ask questions like "how many fingers am I holdin up?" :dunno:

I dont post in GNG because I feel its fairly pointless. GNGers dont post here because its fairly pointless. And yet we still find a way to dump on some of the most loyal GTers of all. :upeyes:

<---doesnt get it
<---been here a long time
<---this post is likely to get me in hot water
<---can take it

Blast
08-11-2011, 08:06
Sometime we ask why no one posts in the OAF anymore. This is one reason. Posts that get dumped outta GNG to here. Like the OAF is the trash can of GT. Makes me wanna ask questions like "how many fingers am I holdin up?" :dunno:

I dont post in GNG because I feel its fairly pointless. GNGers dont post here because its fairly pointless. And yet we still find a way to dump on some of the most loyal GTers of all. :upeyes:

<---doesnt get it
<---can take it

I think you're on to something.:agree:

:whistling:

smokeross
08-11-2011, 08:15
Hey, we were Tactical in the 60's. What with our Eveready flashlight taped to the barrel of a rusty semi auto .22. Off to the dump we went in the dark after rats. That's right, rats. Great big rats with a .......

Blast
08-11-2011, 08:35
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__HQWKX8g3_0/SY5f0Rm4n2I/AAAAAAAABcQ/E_2Qf2Bs4Nw/s400/CannotBrainToday.jpg

Mrs. Tink
08-11-2011, 08:37

<---doesnt get it
<---can take it

There are a number of reasons, but I think you've hit on one. Also, the OAF has so few regular posters, it's like it's evolved into one giant inside joke. When others post here, the well-meaning regulars respond with the inside joke punchlines, and the non-regulars have no idea what is going on.

Dinky
08-11-2011, 08:44
Just remember, you can't "quote" anything I say because I am "Copyrighted":whistling:

Blast
08-11-2011, 08:53
Just remember, you can't "quote" anything I say because I am "Copyrighted":whistling:

Sue me:tongueout::rofl:

kirgi08
08-11-2011, 09:02
Dinky,since when is fact you sold your brain ta science fiction = a copyright.'08. :dunno:

Mornin Mike. :wavey:

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-11-2011, 09:03
There are a number of reasons, but I think you've hit on one. Also, the OAF has so few regular posters, it's like it's evolved into one giant inside joke. When others post here, the well-meaning regulars respond with the inside joke punchlines, and the non-regulars have no idea what is going on.

I dont believe the the others actually posted here. This thread just got dumped here. I'm FINE with GNGers comin to visit. We all started there. Not fine with the OAF bein a dumpin ground for wayward threads.

rhikdavis
08-11-2011, 09:25
Keeps it interesting.

kcb
08-11-2011, 20:00

<---doesnt get it
<---can take it

I think CB has made a good point. I pray that it doesn't get you in hot water!

It hasn't always been true that there are few posters in the OAF....I started out in the OAF...and still prefer to stay out of the GNG.

The OAF was a friendly place, as long as you stayed away from the petty gossip that went on around here. Some people made that very much a challenge.

But it was a fun place to be, and it was a place to go, chat and joke with friends at the end of the day....play games, play jokes, play music together, or just chat. It was a unique place for a small period in time.

I doubt that it will ever be that way again....but I wish it could.

I'm sad that some really good people left for reasons that never should have existed. Wish we could start all over again.

Just saying. :cool:

Dinky
08-11-2011, 20:49

It hasn't always been true that there are few posters in the OAF....I started out in the OAF...and still prefer to stay out of the GNG.

The OAF was a friendly place, as long as you stayed away from the petty gossip that went on around here. Some people made that very much a challenge.

But it was a fun place to be, and it was a place to go, chat and joke with friends at the end of the day....play games, play jokes, play music together, or just chat. It was a unique place for a small period in time.

I'm sad that some really good people left for reasons that never should have existed. Wish we could start all over again.

:poke:

kcb
08-11-2011, 21:17

:poke: :poke:

:rofl:

Mrs. Tink
08-11-2011, 23:57

As am I, Karen! I started out here too; my husband got me to join GT and hang out in the OAF before I even ventured elsewhere on the site. Most of the regulars are gone and the ones who do come around are far too scarce. Unfortunately, it has been scarce for a while now. I have my ideas of the root causes but it all seems to be water under the bridge.

I am glad you are still here. :hugs:

OSSI
08-12-2011, 00:45

The good old days

MB-G26
08-12-2011, 03:37
Yeah..... all that stuff already mentioned above, combined with my low count of my posts being read - irrespective of which forum :whistling:

Dinky
08-12-2011, 05:35
Yeah..... all that stuff already mentioned above, combined with my low count of my posts being read - irrespective of which forum :whistling:

HerrGlock
08-12-2011, 07:05

You're the new chick, right?

:tongueout:

kcb
08-12-2011, 09:42
As am I, Karen! I started out here too; my husband got me to join GT and hang out in the OAF before I even ventured elsewhere on the site. Most of the regulars are gone and the ones who do come around are far too scarce. Unfortunately, it has been scarce for a while now. I have my ideas of the root causes but it all seems to be water under the bridge.

I am glad you are still here. :hugs:

Thanks! :hugs:

We joined around the same time...within a few months. A friend told me about this site...and suggested the OAF. I had NEVER been on a site like this, and it took me a bit to feel free to post here, and I was scared to venture out of the OAF.

It didn't take long to feel comfortable here. I made friends, and have met
several OAFers in person! It's been fun!

I agree the root causes are water under the bridge....so it'd be nice if we could rebuild the OAF with new blood, and a little old, to be a comfortable, fun place to post again.

LilWolfess
08-12-2011, 13:09
I don't know. I just work a lot during the Summer and have no time to even be alive, let alone write about being alive!

kcb
08-12-2011, 13:19
I don't know. I just work a lot during the Summer and have no time to even be alive, let alone write about being alive!

We all have been there and are there often in our lives. I teach school, so summer is a time to work and play. I have less than a week left of my break, so now is my final days to just RELAX before the storm blows in for the next 10 months!

:cool: :wavey:

MrsKitty
08-12-2011, 13:54
I dont believe the the others actually posted here. This thread just got dumped here. I'm FINE with GNGers comin to visit. We all started there. Not fine with the OAF bein a dumpin ground for wayward threads.

Does any of you know why the OAF was first established? Do you know what OAF stands for?

Way back, eons and eons ago, there were two problem posters, Ox and Alex, who kept fluffing up GNG. Instead of banning them (which almost happened repeatedly...) Eric decided to establish a forum to put the fluff in to keep it out of GNG. Thus the OAF was born and it was named the Ox and Alex Forum.

Threads are not just "dumped" in here. They are not just wayward threads. They are actually fluff that could either be locked, deleted, result in the OP being infracted, etc or they can be placed in the forum that was established just for fluff. In fact, there are a lot less clicks to lock or delete a thread than there is to move one to give it a life of it's own in the place where it should have been started to begin with.

HerrGlock
08-12-2011, 14:56
Does any of you know why the OAF was first established? Do you know what OAF stands for?

Yes .

OSSI
08-12-2011, 15:35

Way back, eons and eons ago, there were two problem posters, Ox and Alex, who kept fluffing up GNG. Instead of banning them (which almost happened repeatedly...) Eric decided to establish a forum to put the fluff in to keep it out of GNG. Thus the OAF was born and it was named the Ox and Alex Forum.

Threads are not just "dumped" in here. They are not just wayward threads. They are actually fluff that could either be locked, deleted, result in the OP being infracted, etc or they can be placed in the forum that was established just for fluff. In fact, there are a lot less clicks to lock or delete a thread than there is to move one to give it a life of it's own in the place where it should have been started to begin with.

yes :supergrin:

Mrs. Tink
08-12-2011, 15:48
Yes .

yes :supergrin:

No, you both mean "jes" or "very jes", I am sure. :whistling:

OSSI
08-12-2011, 16:40
No, you both mean "jes" or "very jes", I am sure. :whistling:

jes :supergrin:

El_Ron1
08-12-2011, 17:00
Does any of you know why the OAF was first established?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee304/SteveKoski/GP%20Pics%20A/Meatwheels.jpg

Dinky
08-12-2011, 18:19
Thanks! :hugs:

We joined around the same time...within a few months. A friend told me about this site...and suggested the OAF. I had NEVER been on a site like this, and it took me a bit to feel free to post here, and I was scared to venture out of the OAF.

It didn't take long to feel comfortable here. I made friends, and have met
several OAFers in person! It's been fun!

I agree the root causes are water under the bridge....so it'd be nice if we could rebuild the OAF with new blood, and a little old, to be a comfortable, fun place to post again.

Ok, I got the old part covered.....:rofl:

Dinky
08-12-2011, 18:20

yes and have outlasted several moderators....:wavey:

kcb
08-12-2011, 18:53
Ok, I got the old part covered.....:rofl:

:highfive:

I'm catching up fast!

BUT, I must say, you are SLACKING today!!!

Woo Woo
08-13-2011, 15:27
didnt know my thread got moved here..... Guess im gonna stick around and be an oaf'er... :whistling:

kcb
08-13-2011, 20:08
The good old days

AbsoLUTEly!!!

:wavey: :cool:

Dinky
08-13-2011, 21:00
:highfive:

I'm catching up fast!

BUT, I must say, you are SLACKING today!!!

Slacker Saturday:supergrin:

Dinky
08-13-2011, 21:01
didnt know my thread got moved here..... Guess im gonna stick around and be an oaf'er... :whistling:

And welcome to the OAF :wavey:

kcb
08-13-2011, 21:30
Slacker Saturday:supergrin:

:shocked:

SLACKER!!!! I "think" I was here today!

Well.....I was doing school work.... and saw NO one else......

SLACKER!!!

:poke: :poke:

tous
08-13-2011, 22:14

'Copyrighted' is a verb, the past tense of copyright, which in and of itself is dubious usage of an innocent adjective or noun.

You are using it as an adjective. How much abuse can a simple word endure?

Repent immediately or I'm calling the grammar police, I shall point you out and exclaim, "J'accuse!" to any and all.

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-14-2011, 05:33

:hugs:

COWBOYSHOOTER
08-14-2011, 05:33

:wavey::wavey:

Dinky
08-14-2011, 06:36
'Copyrighted' is a verb, the past tense of copyright, which in and of itself is dubious usage of an innocent adjective or noun.

You are using it as an adjective. How much abuse can a simple word endure?

Repent immediately or I'm calling the grammar police, I shall point you out and exclaim, "J'accuse!" to any and all.

:dunno:

tous
08-14-2011, 07:05

Just admit you're wrong and take your medicine, you big crybaby.

Dinky
08-14-2011, 11:22
Just admit you're wrong and take your medicine, you big crybaby.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

kcb
08-14-2011, 12:18
:crying::crying ::crying::crying ::crying:

tous
08-14-2011, 12:42

Don't reward bad behavior.
How's Dinky ever gonna larn to act respectable?

:wavey:

col_jp
08-14-2011, 13:13
I'm looking for a pneumatic companion. Is this where ewe find them?:cool:

kcb
08-14-2011, 13:35

Mr. Tous!!! I'm SO happy to see you back in the OAF!!! I've really missed you! :hugs:

About Dinky....I hugged him....but then I poked him! :whistling:

:embarassed:

kcb
08-14-2011, 13:36

I don't know about that, but you need to return to the music thread and post some music!

Please!!??

col_jp
08-14-2011, 13:42
Kind of got lost from here. I'll try and get back in the habit. Guess I was kind of missin the place.:wavey:

kcb
08-14-2011, 13:48
Kind of got lost from here. I'll try and get back in the habit. Guess I was kind of missin the place.:wavey:

That will be GREAT!!!! :wavey:

Thanks!

Dinky
08-14-2011, 13:49

:upeyes:

Dinky
08-14-2011, 13:50

Those would be in that locker over in the corner behind the bar....:wavey:

Dinky
08-14-2011, 13:51
About Dinky....I hugged him....but then I poked him! :whistling:

:embarassed:

It was good for me....:cool:

kcb
08-14-2011, 13:55
It was good for me....:cool:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:smoking:

<---doesn't smoke....has NEVER smoked!

Dinky
08-14-2011, 14:20
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:smoking:

<---doesn't smoke....has NEVER smoked!

But your hot--------for a school teacher :wavey:

kcb
08-14-2011, 14:48
But your hot--------for a school teacher :wavey:

Ummmmmmm.......

:headscratch:

Thank you!

I think. :embarassed: For a teacher. (But that is NOT my MAJOR career. :eyelashes: )

tous
08-14-2011, 16:21

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww151/touslab/sheep_front.jpg

El_Ron1
08-14-2011, 16:29
Dolly!!!!11!! :hearts:

Dinky
08-14-2011, 20:45
Ummmmmmm.......

:headscratch:

Thank you!

I think. :embarassed: For a teacher. (But that is NOT my MAJOR career. :eyelashes: )

A good wife and mother :supergrin:

kcb
08-14-2011, 20:52
A good wife and mother :supergrin:

That, too.

But my college major was in Health Care! (I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care, and worked in upper management for 13 years. Just saying.)

tous
08-14-2011, 21:08
How can you have a Bachelor's degree if you're married? :headscratch:
Shouldn't it be a Spouse degree?

kcb
08-14-2011, 21:09
How can you have a Bachelor's degree if you're married? :headscratch:
Shouldn't it be a Spouse degree?

While I was working on my "Bachelor's Degree" I was engaged in working on my "MRS. Degree" as well!

:supergrin: