Complaint Solicitation from Supervisors [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Solicitation from Supervisors

361cop
08-11-2011, 10:34
Does anyone have a supervisor that on occassion goes on solicitation of complaints from your co-workers?

I'm talking about nobody has a problem with you until the supervisor, ie sgt, lt, capt. goes out to find something wrong or meaningless just because they want to get a feel on how everything is going.

In my eyes that is noway to treat a fellow co-worker, its like a huge stab in the back.

Why do some do that? Shows a lack of integrity, ethics, leadership, and many other things.

There are complain processes for a reason, but this is no way to handle something that is not there.

Mayhem like Me
08-11-2011, 10:44
could be that OR lazy supervisors afraid to address a problem so it starts higher in the chain..I have seen both..

Cochese
08-11-2011, 10:47
YEP!

Can't wait to work for them. :upeyes:

2-8 Marine
08-11-2011, 11:12
At one point we had a department policy in place that actually had a supervisor randomly call persons our officer(s) made contact with and ask such questions as: Did the officer make you feel uncomfortable; was the officer polite and courteous; what was the officers attitude like? This "feedback" was then used to determine the officers performance which in turn determined raises in pay and/or promotion. ie: That officer that just wrote you up, do you think that was fair? Really objective huh! This was during the middle '90s and is no longer being done.