MGW sight pusher [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MGW sight pusher

clifford_92FS
08-11-2011, 11:17
Has anyone ever used the MGW sight pusher to change aftermarket sights like he Heinie slant pros? I ask because the sight pusher has the slanted angles on the piece that pushes and the sights I have are straight up and down on the sides. Thanks for your time

Fire_Medic
08-11-2011, 11:33
I had one and lost count a long time ago how many sets of sights from all makes and models have been changed with it.

It's a great tool IMHO, I bought one from Brownell's just in case because of their great warranty and CS, never had an issue with it though.

gorenut
08-11-2011, 11:37
MGW makes 2 models for Glock. One for slanted and one for straight. I heard overall the straight works better on both while the slanted one doesn't work as well on straight sights.

I had one ordered at Brownells but they're out of stock until Oct.

I'm ordering this instead:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/an-affordable-pistol-sight-adjustment-tool/

Seems like a good price for something that I can use on most sights and guns. The guy who makes it is a member on Calguns and so far nothing but positive things from/about him.

Brian Lee
08-11-2011, 11:48
What gorenut said is correct. I have a slanted MGW and it puts in even the tightest fit sights much better than any tool I've tried - the thing is solid as a rock - no flexing or bending. But I never tried using a slanted one with a straight-sided sight, or the other way around. I always thought it was a major mistake on MGW's part that they make two different pushers, instead of making one with a replaceable block to do both kinds of sights. Aside from needing two (nearly identical) tools to do all sights, the MGW is the best sight pusher out there.

mikekjg
08-11-2011, 11:53
I have the slanted MGW sight tool, and it worked fine putting on the straight sided Warren tacticals. The straight sided MGW tool may be ideal, but it was a non-issue using the the slanted MGW for straight sights.

clifford_92FS
08-11-2011, 13:07
Thanks for the replies. I have the tool on order so I'll see if it works. Glad to hear it works on the Warren tactical sights but I think they kind of knotch inward where the Heinie sights don't we'll see. My other option is to put the boot that the slide sticks to on my other MGW tool for Berettas which have straight sided pushers. If I shim up where the slide is locked in, it will be within the Beretta pusher if that makes any sense.

I was also told if I file down the heinie dovetail a little it will be easier to punch in. So many choices and not one of them is certain to work...Thanks again for the replies

Stevie
08-12-2011, 05:57
I also have the slanted version. I have used it for Heinie and Ameriglo rear sights with no issues.

March817
08-14-2011, 12:49
Do the MGW sight tools work for all of the glock slide widths? For example, the same tool would work for a Glock 19,21, and 36?

Nutt51
08-14-2011, 15:09
Do the MGW sight tools work for all of the glock slide widths? For example, the same tool would work for a Glock 19,21, and 36?

Yes, MGW will fit all Glock slides, what matters more is the type and brand
of sight you are using.
I purchased mine from Top Gun Supply last year.
MGW tool's are rock solid. I have the slanted sight version, as I mainly
have Glock night sights and Ameriglos.

rpgman
08-17-2011, 11:51

that's what I would like to know also.

Also, what one would be good for the Warren/Sevigny Comp Sights.

I need one for the G17 and G34.
Greg