Shop at Military Surplus? FBI Terrorist Identification Handout [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shop at Military Surplus? FBI Terrorist Identification Handout

Glock Man_G19
08-11-2011, 18:11
If you shop at a Military Surplus Store you might be a terrorist. You might be a terrorist if you have religious views. You may be a terrorist if you buy firearms accessories. You might be a terrorist if you buy MREs.

Unreal!

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-content/uploads/ColoradoFBISurplusStore.pdf

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/terrorism-update-fbi-targets-preppers-and-preparedness-supplies-in-latest-bulletin_08112011

cowboy1964
08-11-2011, 18:34
It is important to remember that just because someone's speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different, it does not mean the he or she is suspicious.

But buying MREs??? Call the FBI!!!

Have missing hand/fingers.... lol.

TangoFoxtrot
08-11-2011, 18:59
[QUOTE=Glock Man_G19;17763217]If you shop at a Military Surplus Store you might be a terrorist. You might be a terrorist if you have religious views. You may be a terrorist if you buy firearms accessories. You might be a terrorist if you buy MREs.

Unreal!

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-content/uploads/ColoradoFBISurplusStore.pdf

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/terrorism-update-fbi-targets-preppers-and-preparedness-supplies-in-latest-bulletin_08112011[/QUOTE

FBI ..:rofl: What a joke......We are terrorists??... NO! ... Ready to help ourselves, instead of waiting for littlle or no help from our government.....YES!

poodleshooter1
08-11-2011, 19:55
What else is new...

Say, weren't the founders considered terrorists too?

Mak Maven
08-11-2011, 20:27
I bought Hi cap mags, and MRE's., a solar oven, 28 lbs of flour, powdered milk, 20 lbs of sugar, yeast, lot'sa propane, and extra dog food too. Does that make my dogs terrorist's as well?
Yea, and sometimes we pay with cash, and I may have a strange odor after sweating in the Fla heat.
Sometimes my clothes are bright, from food dribbled on my shirt.
So what.

We prep for hurricanes, what's their G-d damn problem?
What would they want with me?
I'm 67 and my wife is 68....... like we are terrorist's?...... duh
We're lucky to get up each day..

DWARREN123
08-11-2011, 20:45
If you are a responsible, self reliant person you may (are) be a terrorist! :steamed:

kirgi08
08-11-2011, 20:48
They can't deal with the fact that some folks don't need there help.'08.

michael e
08-11-2011, 20:49
Well I dont buy MREs and I order my gun stuff on line, and dont buy high cap mags, they are all standard cap. my AR was desinged with 30rnds in mind, my AK was with 30 I do own a 75 round drum so I guess I have one HI CAP mag. The rest all hold less than a 50 round box each so thats standard to me.

american lockpicker
08-11-2011, 22:08
Thats ****ing bull****. :steamed: I've bought quite a few things on the list in bulk at milsurp shops and that doesn't make me a terrorist.

Also how the **** will someone misuse this?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/al2011c250/Picture576.jpg

I bought quite a few of these at the same shop as they are useful for trading am I on another list now? :steamed:

poodleshooter1
08-11-2011, 22:35
If you are a responsible, self reliant person you may (are) be a terrorist! :steamed:

Yep, but if you're an illegal on welfare, section 8, WIC and every other social program, you're A OK!:steamed:

Bolster
08-11-2011, 23:25
Also how the **** will someone misuse this?:

Oooo, lookit that. A flashlight bomb. And with the deadly bend and everything. We'll see that spread out on a blanket in front of your home, as TV cameras catch you doing the perp-walk out your front door.

TangoFoxtrot
08-12-2011, 02:26
Maybe the FBI is trying to justify their existance.

cyrsequipment
08-12-2011, 04:59
I hate to tell you guys this, but being a member of a board like this has already put you on the radar of several government organizations. Especially with all the comments about "when to fight the police" and "when to shoot innocent people" that float around here.
Just don't do anything illegal and you shouldn't have to worry.

LongGun1
08-12-2011, 07:23
Another day....

..another "Watch List"! :rofl: :supergrin:

cyrsequipment
08-12-2011, 08:03
Another day....

..another "Watch List"! :rofl: :supergrin:

Exactly, I work in the Law Enforcement field, I really have nothing to hide so I don't worry about being a few "lists". If the agencies that are looking at my activites are interested they could always just stop by and chat...

M1A Shooter
08-12-2011, 09:41
possible terrorist in my neighborhood too :)

Aceman
08-12-2011, 12:14
While I don't necessarily agree with all the items on the list, or the general vagary in which it is presented....maybe, just maybe the FBI knows a little more about terrorists that all of you put together. Like many of them congregate in out of the way camps in the middle of nowhere without electricity, and don't shop at the By-Low regulalrly. MRE's just might get purchased in bulk by these people for said activities.

There is a thing called discretion, and another thing called judgement, and yet still, good sense. I realize these are not in good supply on this forum. I would hope that the average shop keeper had them.

Just saying...

jtull7
08-12-2011, 13:04
Here's my terrorist:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/jtull8/puck-1.jpg

poodleshooter1
08-12-2011, 13:14
I hate to tell you guys this, but being a member of a board like this has already put you on the radar of several government organizations. Especially with all the comments about "when to fight the police" and "when to shoot innocent people" that float around here.
Just don't do anything illegal and you shouldn't have to worry.

:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

cyrsequipment
08-12-2011, 13:33
You disagree?

Ruble Noon
08-12-2011, 14:53
Thats ****ing bull****. :steamed: I've bought quite a few things on the list in bulk at milsurp shops and that doesn't make me a terrorist.

Also how the **** will someone misuse this?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/al2011c250/Picture576.jpg

I bought quite a few of these at the same shop as they are useful for trading am I on another list now? :steamed:

Hey Lockpicker, I don't think they are worried about avowed communists. :tongueout:

lawman800
08-12-2011, 21:12
Yep, but if you're an illegal on welfare, section 8, WIC and every other social program, you're A OK!:steamed:

Dick Durbin (D-Il) recently brought tons of illegal aliens to Congress and personally recognized them in session by thanking them for coming and saying they are the future scientists, generals, doctors, and maybe even the president!

Somebody remind him the law requiring The president to be american born, like our current president... Oh wait...

GeorgiaGlockMan
08-12-2011, 21:20
Here's my terrorist:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/jtull8/puck-1.jpg

Haha my pit bull has had gas so bad tonight i had to leave the room 2x.

crimsonaudio
08-13-2011, 06:07
Oh boy, they'd probably love my 'come and take it' sticker on the back of my truck...

survive1999
08-13-2011, 13:48
Is this Jeff Fox Worthy's new act? You might be a terrorist if......

Mak Maven
08-13-2011, 16:48

You Have EBR.

poodleshooter1
08-13-2011, 17:23
Dick Durbin (D-Il) recently brought tons of illegal aliens to Congress and personally recognized them in session by thanking them for coming and saying they are the future scientists, generals, doctors, and maybe even the president!

Somebody remind him the law requiring The president to be american born, like our current president... Oh wait...

I guess people here can't be scientists, doctors, generals and presidents. We must import them illegally.:upeyes::steamed::steamed:

lawman800
08-13-2011, 20:55
I guess people here can't be scientists, doctors, generals and presidents. We must import them illegally.:upeyes::steamed:

Janet Napolitano, chief silver back gorilla of the DHS, was also present. I believe it was her duty to arrest and prosecute all those future exceptional non-Americans. Then again, what do I know... Maybe DHS has no responsibility over immigration and custom enforcement.:whistling::crying::tongueout:

lawman800
08-13-2011, 20:57

You believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, over all subsequent statutory and case law.:crying::upeyes:

Warp
08-14-2011, 00:13
Damn you guys are more sensational than the news media. Get a grip.

Sam Spade
08-14-2011, 09:00
Ah, what the heck...

Lots of people have trouble understanding that legal activities can be indicators of illegal ones. No one cares about your hobby or fetish. Really---you're just not that interesting. Have fun with your surplus Czech mask and filters.

What is interesting is when the same guy pops up on multiple "lists". It becomes more interesting when the guy with the mask is also the guy with the insecticide. Buying triple-neck flasks. And renting vans.

There are folks out there who have engaged in outrage so often that it becomes reflexive. They need a deep cleansing breath and the injection of some critical thinking skill. Don't be the boy who cries wolf.

mac66
08-14-2011, 10:25
Boy, a whole lot of drama queens here.

While preppers and survivalists are not terrorists, some "terrorists" are preppers and survivalists. I think it completely legitimate to let people know what to look out for.

Let's face it, we've all run across the weird guy at a gun show/gun shop or elsewhere that you wonder about. Guys who run military surplus, gun shops etc run across these guys all the time. Most are harmless Walter Mitty types. Some aren't.

janice6
08-14-2011, 10:31
In the Governments view, if you don't need them to take care of you, you are a threat to them.

Come on, Government just wants to get bigger.

G29Reload
08-14-2011, 11:20
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362676

"Insist on paying cash" ??

What, somebody refuses cash and you have to argue about it?

No, no, I really want to pay a merchant fee, or risk a check bouncing. Please no cash!

It's all I have!

Well, ok, just this time!

1. Select items for sale in store.
2. Pay for said items with cash, engaging in NO CONVERSATION.
3. Leave store with paid items.

At best, remark how you can't wait to go camping.

Don't buy all the items on the list at same time.

lawman800
08-14-2011, 12:27
If any of you are serious, file a FOIA request on your own behalf. See what the government has on you. You might be surprised.

Sam Spade
08-14-2011, 12:36

Aren't there, though?

Three-fingered guy reeking of ammonia comes into the store to buy a couple of gas masks and a gross of filters and wants to pay with a credit card that isn't his....yeah, what's to worry about, and how dare the FBI make inquiries?

lawman800
08-14-2011, 14:11
Aren't there, though?

Three-fingered guy reeking of ammonia comes into the store to buy a couple of gas masks and a gross of filters and wants to pay with a credit card that isn't his....yeah, what's to worry about, and how dare the FBI make inquiries?

I hear ya. Those damn pesky law enforcement agents are so nosy.

Next thing you know, they are going to wonder why a bunch of Arab males would take flight classes and ask to only learn how to take off and not to land... Oh wait....:whistling:

Ruble Noon
08-14-2011, 16:36

And then again, maybe not so much. If you combine this with the DHS directive that labels veterans, gun owners, people that believe in the Constitution etc. as potential terrorists, combined with the See Something, Say Something campaign and their effort to get the cooperation of Wal Mart on this campaign you can form an apt picture of what the .Gov thinks of its citizenry.
Now, if they are so worried about terrorists in the United States, then why the hell don't they secure our border?

Warp
08-14-2011, 16:42
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/austin3161324/sky-is-falling.jpg

lawman800
08-14-2011, 16:45
The government thinks its own citizens are more of a that to national security than illegal aliens. That's a sad state of affairs.

kirgi08
08-14-2011, 16:50
The government thinks its own citizens are more of a threat to national security than illegal aliens. That's a sad state of affairs.

Fix it fer ya.'08. :whistling:

Ruble Noon
08-14-2011, 16:53
The government thinks its own citizens are more of a that to national security than illegal aliens. That's a sad state of affairs.

Yes it is, especially when a lot of these illegals pouring through our southern border are coming from the Middle East.

lawman800
08-14-2011, 17:08
Thanks, kiri. Stupid auto correct on phones.

It's not just middle eastern terrorists coming across our southern border that's the problem. The USBP identified there are many OTM (other than mexican) aliens coming across the border. Somalis, Chinese, MS-13 members, criminals, drug runners, all come across the border, with the resultant decrease in quality of life for Americans.

But that's not important, because we might offend Mexico... Because they think we are cruel and racist to defend or own border while amassing their own military on their southern border to keep out central Americans.

Ruble Noon
08-14-2011, 18:07
Thanks, kiri. Stupid auto correct on phones.

It's not just middle eastern terrorists coming across our southern border that's the problem. The USBP identified there are many OTM (other than mexican) aliens coming across the border. Somalis, Chinese, MS-13 members, criminals, drug runners, all come across the border, with the resultant decrease in quality of life for Americans.

But that's not important, because we might offend Mexico... Because they think we are cruel and racist to defend or own border while amassing their own military on their southern border to keep out central Americans.

Hopefully the ATF isn't arming all these guys.

lawman800
08-14-2011, 18:18
Nah, the ATF only arms Mexican drug cartels.

mac66
08-15-2011, 09:52
And then again, maybe not so much. If you combine this with the DHS directive that labels veterans, gun owners, people that believe in the Constitution etc. as potential terrorists, combined with the See Something, Say Something campaign and their effort to get the cooperation of Wal Mart on this campaign you can form an apt picture of what the .Gov thinks of its citizenry.
Now, if they are so worried about terrorists in the United States, then why the hell don't they secure our border?

You have to put those things in context though. If guys like Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols and others didn't exist then there would be no need for asking people to look out for similar behaviors.

kirgi08
08-15-2011, 10:00
Your wrong,they did what they did,and then folks went bigger.'08. :burn:

lawman800
08-15-2011, 11:51
You have to put those things in context though. If guys like Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols and others didn't exist then there would be no need for asking people to look out for similar behaviors.

Too bad white folks aren't exempt from profiling like middle eastern folks because there's no CAIR to fight for them. We are afraid to be called Islamaphobes or we are simply bullied by fear of muslim protests that we are not taking care of business.

Kayaker
08-21-2011, 12:47
If you are paying cash, how can you get on any list?

Warp
08-21-2011, 12:57

You drive there? Have a license plate on the vehicle?

lawman800
08-21-2011, 15:38

Lots of ways. If something is registered or mandated to be tracked, cash makes no difference. Just an obvious example, handguns are registered in CA. I have to fill out paperwork which goes to the state when I buy a handgun at the dealer, cash or credit.

There things which purchases are tracked are meth precursors like red iodine, large quantities of No-Doz, or if you deposit/withdraw cash money from a bank in large amounts over $10,000 or conduct multiple transactions over time adding to that amount in a short period. There is a specific federal form the bank has to full out and send in so they know you are moving cash in those amounts.

I'm sure there are lots more ways to be tracked even if you're using cash.