Buying on Guns America? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buying on Guns America?

Jim S.
08-13-2011, 08:06
I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought a gun on Guns America.
I recently made my first on-line purchase of a gun on Guns America and found it to be sort of not very user friendly.
I had to contact the seller on my own and finish the transaction and I can't seem to post my feedback comments.

Oh well.
I did however buy a Stainless Springfield Mil-Spec at a great price and everything went very smooth.
It is a "NM" serial numbered Mil-Spec (NIB) and I am very happy with my first on-line purchase.

I was hesitant at first because the seller did not have any previous sells on the G.A. site but after talking to the owner I was confident that all would be ok.

It was.

Not sure if I can plug the store on this forum but hopefully it will be aceptable because I want to tell all of my fellow 1911 forum members that this store out of Nevada has great prices and they are some very nice people who are running a good honest business.

If you ever see "Big Guns Enterprises" on an on-line auction, do not hesitate to make a purchase from them.

I was very satisfied and will be looking for them in the future.

Sorry about not having pictures but I haven't taken any and still do not know how to post pictures here. :supergrin:

scorpio2011
08-13-2011, 08:22
i have bought from several people with no feedback score on on-line auction sites
everyone has to start at zero!
as long as they were confirmed i would bid

thecableguy
08-13-2011, 08:26
Congrats Jim.

bac1023
08-13-2011, 18:12
Eh, I've bought a couple, but I'm no fan of Gunsamerica.

I much prefer the live auction sites.

Three-Five-Seven
08-13-2011, 18:22
I much prefer the live auction sites.

Sir, would you please elaborate on that? What sites are you referring to?

Thank you.

thecableguy
08-13-2011, 18:49

Thank you.

+1....

What sites would those be Brian?

djackson
08-13-2011, 19:00
Im more of a gunbroker or web forum kind of buyer

bac1023
08-13-2011, 19:13

Thank you.

+1....

What sites would those be Brian?

Mainly...

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Quack
08-13-2011, 19:15
Im more of a gunbroker or web forum kind of buyer

same here. i've bought a few off GB.

Kegs
08-13-2011, 19:17
I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought a gun on Guns America.

I personally would only deal through gunbrok*r. I have nothing good to say about the other outfit, so I'll keep it unsaid.

bac1023
08-13-2011, 19:21
same here. i've bought a few off GB.

I just checked my log.

I've bought over 30 handguns on GB over the last five years. I'm happy to say that I never had one bad experience in doing so. :wavey:

djackson
08-13-2011, 19:40
I just checked my log.

I've bought over 30 handguns on GB over the last five years. I'm happy to say that I never had one bad experience in doing so. :wavey:

Im not at 30 per say, but I have purchased roughly 14 or so off GB and have gotten exactly what was described. :thumbsup:

dnuggett
08-13-2011, 21:53
Im not at 30 per say, but I have purchased roughly 14 or so off GB and have gotten exactly what was described. :thumbsup:

Never had a bad experience yet on either. When I am looking for something I hardly ever check gunsamerica, unless Google sends me there.

CDW4ME
08-14-2011, 05:49
I agree the GunsAmerica feedback system needs improvement.

I've purchased two pistols on GunsAmerica:

1st was my Les Baer UTC, the same seller had it on Gunbroker for $10 more and had positive feedback on both sites; naturally, I went through GunsAmerica and bought it at the cheaper price, same $ as opening bid on GB.

2nd was my Dan Wesson Valor stainless, again it was listed on both sites, but this time for the same price; on GunsAmerica I did not have to bid and bought it for the same as opening bid on GB.

Both of the sellers were great to work with, but I have not left feedback for either; when I tried to leave feedback, I got a message that the transaction has to be completed by both parties before feedback can be left. Uh, I've got the pistol, had it for a few days when I tried to leave feedback. Both times the seller knew I had it and I was happy. :dunno:

RMA
08-14-2011, 06:10
I have purchased from GA several times in the past & never had an issue. I was always hesitant myself if not purchasing from a dealer but all went smooth with speedy shipping as well.

bac1023
08-14-2011, 06:41
The only gun I ever purchased off Gunsamerica was my Norinco 1911.

xdmikey
08-15-2011, 05:53
i tried to buy a trp operator from a dealer on GA. he gave the first bidder(?)more than two weeks to get his ffl & cash to him so i missed out.
not a site issue but a dealer issue!
so, actually i have NO experience w/GA but none w/GB either.

i need coffee.