Firearms Instructor Schools : What are the differences [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firearms Instructor Schools : What are the differences

Line Rider
08-14-2011, 08:10
Recently I have found out that Alabama POSTC now recognizes FBI, NRA and FLECTC courses for firearms instructors.

I haven't heard a lot about the differences in the three. Most of the officers here have been to FBI since it's run about 4 to 6 times a year in North Alabama. I knew one guy who is NRA, but I've lost contact with him. NRA is offered in NW Alabama. As far as FLECTC, I've only meet one guy who was a Fed the went thru back in the 1980's.

Can anyone tell me the differences in the three?

Dragoon44
08-14-2011, 15:19
If the choice were between FBI or NRA I would go FBI. I have gone to both and found the FBI one much better.

YMMV.

Mayhem like Me
08-15-2011, 08:37
Yup ... FBI> NRA...

FLECTC is also very good..

After that go to as much "off site" as you can

I went to S&W academy(in the day) for revelver and tactical pistol instruction and it was some of the best information on teaching handgun skills I have ever received.

Dragoon44
08-15-2011, 09:39
The Best firearms instructor course I ever attended was Mas Ayoobs Police semiautomatic pistol instructor course. Learned more there than I did in all the other courses combined.

Bullman
08-15-2011, 10:40
Used to be about half or more the people that tried to get a Firearms instructors ticket through CLEET in Oklahoma failed because it was so dadgum hard to get past the first block, Revolver instructor school. Been away so long now I don't know if they have that dinosaur in the mix anymore but being able to shoot 540 out of 600 wasn't as easy as it sounded.