Hard cast lead in a Glock barrel? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hard cast lead in a Glock barrel?

breacher1
08-14-2011, 08:29
I started reloading 40 a few months back and was wondering about shooting HC lead thru a stock Glock barrel. The LGS sells Berry's plated for $50. box/250. What's the point in reloading at that price?

So I ordered a couple thousand light 140 gr HC lead from Friendswood Bullet in Tx at a good price. Using a light load of 4.2 gr. of Ramshot Competition thru an aftermarket barrel in my G32. Nice light plinking load. I shot my first PPC match with it this weekend and did fairly well.

Now I have my eye on a G35 and I'm wondering if I stay real conservative with HC lead will the stock G35 barrel be okay or do I need to find some plated or jacketed bullets? Seems like I read someplace that HC lead is fine at lower velocity?

Steve Koski
08-14-2011, 08:42
B1,

How many rounds did you shoot with that load, and how much lead is in your barrel?

You can shoot lead safely in a stock Glock barrel, if you understand how fast the lead builds up (for that particular bullet), and clean thoroughly before it reaches "moderate."

Also:

1-That is probably the most expensive way to buy plated bullets. Try buying berrys from www.powdervalleyinc.com.

2-You can buy an aftermarket barrel from www.lonewolfdist.com for pretty cheap. Then you can shoot a lot more lead rounds between cleaning.

Take care,

Koski

BK63
08-14-2011, 08:44
A long debated topic on this site :supergrin: Those that have been shooting lead forever and those that get the aftermarket barrel. Where is my popcorn? :popcorn:

breacher1
08-14-2011, 08:52
SK- I have about 300 rds thru the aftermarket barrel (unknown brand- bought it used & unmarked) since last cleaning. It looks good, no leading noted. It's pretty accurate too.

So the OEM Glock barrel is GTG with HC lead with frequent cleaning? What removes lead quickly if some does build up in the barrel?

WiskyT
08-14-2011, 09:19
I disagree with Koski a bit. I don't think lead builds up over time. A load either leads right away, or it doesn't. If I load a full dose of fast powder and use soft bullets, my guns will lead up terribly in just three or four shots. With the right load, you get no leading and you can shoot it until carbon crud in the action and chamber becomes a problem. I don't find lead to be cumulative. Five shots of a terrible lad leaves the same amount of lead as 100.

WiskyT
08-14-2011, 09:22
This is at 25 yards off hand. This load does not lead at all.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/Wiskyt/PC200010.jpg

This load doesn't led either, again at 25 yards.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/Wiskyt/PC230011-1.jpg

breacher1
08-14-2011, 10:21
WiskeyT - nice groups off hand at 25 yds!!

I guess if I pick up a G35 I should move up to a heavier slower moving bullet like 180's to minimize the chance of leading an OEM barrel. Prolly go to a slower powder too. The Ramshot Competition is a really fast burner.

I was trying to keep the compact running with a stock 18 lb recoil spring and a nice soft shooting load that is reliable. All the top PPC guys shoot 9mm since there's no power factor requirement. But I get all the free 40 cal. brass I can pick up at my dept. range so that is the path I'm taking.

WiskyT
08-14-2011, 10:44
WiskeyT - nice groups off hand at 25 yds!!

I guess if I pick up a G35 I should move up to a heavier slower moving bullet like 180's to minimize the chance of leading an OEM barrel. Prolly go to a slower powder too. The Ramshot Competition is a really fast burner.

I was trying to keep the compact running with a stock 18 lb recoil spring and a nice soft shooting load that is reliable. All the top PPC guys shoot 9mm since there's no power factor requirement. But I get all the free 40 cal. brass I can pick up at my dept. range so that is the path I'm taking.

Those groups are the exception, not the rule, due to the fact that I don't shoot that well on a consistent basis. that is what those guns/loads do, but only if I can hold everything just right.

GioaJack
08-14-2011, 10:55

Good God! My ISP finally comes back up after five days and the first thing I see is the familiar fictitious pictures!

Take me now Lord, save me the trouble of running a hose from the tailpipe. :crying:

Jack

WiskyT
08-14-2011, 11:10
Good God! My ISP finally comes back up after five days and the first thing I see is the familiar fictitious pictures!

Take me now Lord, save me the trouble of running a hose from the tailpipe. :crying:

Jack

Haters gonna hate

Steve Koski
08-14-2011, 11:12
B1,

The CRB method of fast & thorough lead removal in a .40 bore is a piece of copper chore boy over a wet patch over a 9mm jag. It's a poor man's Lewis Lead Remover.

Koski

xkon
08-16-2011, 22:59
I plan to shoot a gssf match this weekend with my g17. I usually only shoot the plated bullets out of the stock barrel however i only have some hc bullets left. Do you guys know of any loads using AA7 and 115 or 124gr bullets that wont have much lead fouling? Also would 100-150 rounds be too much to put through it at one time at the match? Should i clean the barrel after each stage?

cole
08-17-2011, 00:51
I started reloading 40 a few months back and was wondering about shooting HC lead thru a stock Glock barrel. The LGS sells Berry's plated for $50. box/250. What's the point in reloading at that price?

So I ordered a couple thousand light 140 gr HC lead from Friendswood Bullet in Tx at a good price. Using a light load of 4.2 gr. of Ramshot Competition thru an aftermarket barrel in my G32. Nice light plinking load. I shot my first PPC match with it this weekend and did fairly well.

Now I have my eye on a G35 and I'm wondering if I stay real conservative with HC lead will the stock G35 barrel be okay or do I need to find some plated or jacketed bullets? Seems like I read someplace that HC lead is fine at lower velocity?

You can run lead in a Glock with far more care and maintenance. I just run a LWD barrel instead. YMMV.

DoctaGlockta
08-17-2011, 06:44

There are many things I have learned on this forum.

The one that sticks the most is how lousy of a shot I am.

Colorado4Wheel
08-17-2011, 08:36

See if you could shoot 10 normally and 10 "gangsta style" and make a nice little <> shape.

DanaT
08-17-2011, 08:59

Male or female measuring units?? :tongueout:

-Dana

WiskyT
08-17-2011, 21:00
There are many things I have learned on this forum.

The one that sticks the most is how lousy of a shot I am.

Just keep in mind, those targets are the keepers. I go through boxes of printer paper that end up in the trash.

WiskyT
08-17-2011, 21:06
I plan to shoot a gssf match this weekend with my g17. I usually only shoot the plated bullets out of the stock barrel however i only have some hc bullets left. Do you guys know of any loads using AA7 and 115 or 124gr bullets that wont have much lead fouling? Also would 100-150 rounds be too much to put through it at one time at the match? Should i clean the barrel after each stage?

I wouldn't want to tinker around with unproven rounds at a match. Unless you have the time to test them out before you go, I would stick with a load you know works well. Cast bullet loads can often be terrible performers. It would suck to see big groups with sideways bullet holes at a match.

I never used AA7, but it is probably a good powder for cast loads, but might require upper end loading to get good performance. That would leave you with a relatively loud and higher recoiling round.

fredj338
08-18-2011, 09:22
It can be done, you just have to clean more frequently or get an aftermarket bbl. How many lead bullets does it take between cleaning? I don;t want to find out, so clean every 100rds or so.

Ferdinandd
08-20-2011, 17:46
I used to shoot USPSA a lot, and the last gun that I used was a G21. I loaded 200 grain SWC's over enough Unique to make major. I had totally disregarded the no-lead warning in the manual without a second thought. The pistol was fired 100-200x per week, and not cleaned on a regular basis. The projectiles were from TN Cartridge Company in Oakland TN. I never had a problem of any sort. The barrel never showed signs of leading.

I've recently started casting my own bullets, and have learned that there's a lot of science required to get it right - proper bullet diameter for a specific barrel, the right hardness, and other variables like case sizing and crimping. If anyone has any guidance for 9mm in a Glock barrel, I'm interested as I'm still gathering information and figuring out what to do for my G17 and G34.

Tombo 65
08-25-2011, 10:25
I just started reloading for my Gen 3 Glock 37. I'm using a 225gr Flathead hardcast lead bullet from Missouri Bullet. It's a fairly blunt truncated cone bullet, with a brinell hardness of 18. I'm loading with 4.4gr of Titegroup, and these bullets shoot very nicely. I don't shoot more than 100 at a time since I've been working up load data, but so far I've had virtually no leading of any sort. The barrel is just as clean as when I shoot fmj bullets. I'm using the stock barrel.

I just picked up some 175gr Missouri Bullet bullets for my Glock 23. I have a LWD barrel for the 23, but plan on trying the lead bullets in both barrels. This is my experience so far. I don't load to super hot velocities, and I use at least bullets that are at least 15 or higher hardness. I'll post some info on the 40s&w lead reloads as soon as I get some worked up.

Thanks
Tombo 65

dbarry
08-25-2011, 17:21
more popcorn plz

unclebob
08-25-2011, 18:00
Clean the barrel and make sure there is no lead in the barrel. Chore girl, Lewis lead remover or 50/50 mixture of peroxide and vinegar. Chronograph 5 rounds. Shoot 20 rds. Chronograph another 5 rounds. If the velocity goes up you are leading the barrel. Why would you want to shoot lead in a match? If there is no wind? I have seen competitors that could not see the target for all of the smoke. I for one will not shoot lead out of a stock Glock barrel. I have seen see two Glock destroyed from shooting lead. One was at a Glock match.

WiskyT
08-25-2011, 18:06
Clean the barrel and make sure there is no lead in the barrel. Chore girl, Lewis lead remover or 50/50 mixture of peroxide and vinegar. Chronograph 5 rounds. Shoot 20 rds. Chronograph another 5 rounds. If the velocity goes up you are leading the barrel. Why would you want to shoot lead in a match? If there is no wind? I have seen competitors that could not see the target for all of the smoke. I for one will not shoot lead out of a stock Glock barrel. I have seen see two Glock destroyed from shooting lead. One was at a Glock match.

This wasn't a Glock and it wasn't shooting lead.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/Wiskyt/0817011942.jpg

Steve Koski
08-25-2011, 18:15
I knew a guy that shot lead in his barrel and it caused E.D.

unclebob
08-25-2011, 18:15
This wasn't a Glock and it wasn't shooting lead.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/Wiskyt/0817011942.jpg

That was probably a double charge. I would suggest people getting the book The Glock in Competition and reading it. A lot of good information in it about Glocks.

WiskyT
08-25-2011, 18:19
That was probably a double charge. I would suggest people getting the book The Glock in Competition and reading it. A lot of good information in it about Glocks.

I could write my own book with all of the lead I've shot. It was also probably an overcharge that blew those Glocks you saw.

WiskyT
08-25-2011, 18:21

Right, high altitude, scotch, and he had to do it for 50 years for the ED to set in. He doesn't even own a Glock, but yet the Glock takes all the blame for his disfunctioning cock.

DoctaGlockta
08-25-2011, 18:26

Was it this guy?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/08/t1larg.bob-dole.t1larg.jpg

Along with his ED it looks like he blew off a few fingers too. Lead and Glocks sure don't mix.

unclebob
08-25-2011, 18:30
I could write my own book with all of the lead I've shot. It was also probably an overcharge that blew those Glocks you saw.

Sorry nope.

DoctaGlockta
08-25-2011, 18:30

I can't write a book but lead is all I've been shooting out of my G30sf for 6 months now.

Speaking of books it might be time for another chapter in the.....

http://i52.tinypic.com/308iqsy.jpg

WiskyT
08-25-2011, 18:31
Was it this guy?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/08/t1larg.bob-dole.t1larg.jpg

Along with his ED it looks like he blew off a few fingers too. Lead and Glocks sure don't mix.

Being 300 years old and having been shelled in Italy didn't help anything.

WiskyT
08-25-2011, 18:32
I can't write a book but lead is all I've been shooting out of my G30sf for 6 months now.

Speaking of books it might be time for another chapter in the.....

http://i52.tinypic.com/308iqsy.jpg

That's got to be a pretty thick book.

unclebob
08-25-2011, 18:52

And I know people who have shot lead in there Glocks for years. So Should I beleive someone that has only being doing it for 6 months? Or someone that does it for a living? I'm not saying for anyone not to shoot lead in a Glock barrel. I'm only passing on information that I have read from experts and what I have seen. What you want to do with the information is up to you.

tahco gunworks
08-25-2011, 21:22
I shot 300 rounds out of my G19C today with 115 LRN Missouri bullets. Hardness 18.

Very accurate, and would chew out the 1 inch bullseye at 15 years of rapid fire.

No leading at all. 5.4 grains of Power pistol, COAL of 1.100. Slight coating of Alox.

I was really surprised that there was no leading. When i increased to 5.8 grains, I would get flyer. 5.1 - 5.2 was very sluggish, and printed very high.

So far, this load works great for me, and is extremely accurate. Going to try it at tomorrows IDPA match.

Tombo 65
08-27-2011, 14:01
Just got back from running a bunch of 40s&w reloads thru my Glock 23. The loads were 170gr Missouri Bullet hardcast lswc with a hardness of 18. I loaded them with 5gr of W231, and they were accurate, and didn't lead my LWD barrel, or my factory Glock barrel. If anything, the stock glock barrel seemed a bit more accurate than the LWD.

So far, I'm shooting lead thru my 23, 37 and 38, and have not had any leading. I prefer lead bullets in my revolvers, and leaning that way in my Glocks as well.

michael e
08-28-2011, 20:40
I have used the hard cast from friendswood bullet( hes 10miles from me so its a great to avoid shipping) I have shoot several thousands of his bullets from 9mm 40sw 45acp. All with factory glock barrels, I run about 100 threw and check for lead reside. Never had an issue with them. I use his 180gr 40 .

GlockAzona
08-29-2011, 13:24
First of all, if you're paying $50 for 250 Berry's Bullets, you're paying way too much. 250 of their most expensive (180 gr. HBRN) cost only $32.42, or $116.57 per thousand. Order them directly from Berrys for the best price, and keep in mind that they ship free for any order over $50.

Next item is the old tale about no lead thru your Glock Barrel. Years ago a bunch of otherwise sane & rational folks over on another gun forum had a big girlie slapfight about Glocks and lead. I wanted to join in, but only with links directly to Glock manuals or factory documents that would support the No Lead position.

I was unable to find anything in writing directly attributable to Corporate Glock, so I turned to the ultimate authority at the time, the original owner of Glockmeister.com --- he was unable to provide anything in writing, either.

So, I've heard all the stories that begin with "I read an article written by some EXPERTS, and THEY SAY ... ", but can anyone cite Glock directly to dispel what is in the chute to become just another 'Urban Myth'?

Post it here or send me the .pdf I'll be checking back in a few days.

DoctaGlockta
08-29-2011, 14:10
So I just called Glock in GA. They said no lead in Glocks - could lead to a catastrophic failure. They also said they don't recommend steel cased Tula. Also to see your dentist every 6 months for a check up.

So there you go. Right from some guy in Glock support.

This should put an end to the debate about Glocks and lead.:whistling:

DWARREN123
08-29-2011, 14:18
People keep telling me I can't shoot lead thru my G22 and G20 but the guns like them and keep on rolling.
I use hard cast LSWC's and they are the best for accuracy at up to 25 yards.
Use the correct powder/powder charge and they work well for me. :supergrin:

dwhite53
08-29-2011, 14:29
Just got back from running a bunch of 40s&w reloads thru my Glock 23. The loads were 170gr Missouri Bullet hardcast lswc with a hardness of 18. I loaded them with 5gr of W231, and they were accurate, and didn't lead my LWD barrel, or my factory Glock barrel. If anything, the stock glock barrel seemed a bit more accurate than the LWD.

So far, I'm shooting lead thru my 23, 37 and 38, and have not had any leading. I prefer lead bullets in my revolvers, and leaning that way in my Glocks as well.

Amen!

I use these same bullets in my G22 with stock barrel with 5.6 grains of Unique. I find this a great combination.

I can get the lead out of my Glock barrel easier than any conventionally rifled barrel I've ever had. Stuff almost falls out.

You just gotta get a powder/power/bullet combo that leaves minimal lead. Might take some trial and error but it'll happen.

There's just something magic abut Unique and lead bullets. Combo just works.

All the Best,
D. White

unclebob
08-29-2011, 15:01
Yes there are a lot of people that shoot lead in Glocks and have no trouble. Then there are those that buy new barrels because they shot lead or KB there Glock I have seen both. Like I have said before clean the barrel and chronograph 5 rounds. Then shoot 100 rds. If the velocity went up you are putting lead in the barrel. If you shoot GSSF talk to Chris, Scott, Allen, or any of the Glock armorers and see what they say about shooting lead in a Glock barrel. Read the book The Glock in Competition. The only way I would shoot lead in a Glock is with an aftermarket barrel. You are the one that spent your hard earned money on the gun and you can shoot whatever you want through it. Just not in mine. I will let you shoot all the plated and jacket bullets you want out of any of my Glocks, just not lead. Except the one that has a KKM barrel and the one that has the .22 conversion kit on it.

toshbar
08-29-2011, 15:36
I wish I could get a good photo of the inside of my barrel. to get an opinion on the amount of lead.

I shot 1k berry's plated and didn't have any issues. I've since ordered and started shooting Mastercast 175gr. SWC in .40sw and am pleased. These things are "harder than woodpecker lips" as stated by Mike, the owner when I phoned in my order.

GlockAzona
08-29-2011, 20:04
So I just called Glock in GA. They said no lead in Glocks - could lead to a catastrophic failure. They also said they don't recommend steel cased Tula. Also to see your dentist every 6 months for a check up.

So there you go. Right from some guy in Glock support.

This should put an end to the debate about Glocks and lead.:whistling:

If it's not in any Glock manual, bulletin or publication, it's just as you've posted: "Some Guy at Glock said".

Tombo 65
08-30-2011, 11:19
There's just something magic abut Unique and lead bullets. Combo just works.

I've shot a ton of lead thru 45cal revolvers using Unique, but I haven't tried it with a Glock, yet. I think I'll load up a batch tonight. I agree, Unique and lead go together perfectly. I've found it to be a bit dirtier than W231, Titegroup, or Universal Clays, but I really like the burn rate and the recoil just feels better than some of the other powders. I know that's a pretty unscientific description, but it's the best way I can explain the feel. I've never tried it in sub-41cal cartridges, but in 45acp, 45autorim, 44mag, 45colt, and 41mag, it's my go-to powder. I'll have to give it a try in 40s&w, and 45GAP. I have a G20 coming today or tomorrow. That's the next up for some reloads.

dbarry
08-30-2011, 17:03
I wish I could get a good photo of the inside of my barrel. to get an opinion on the amount of lead.

I shot 1k berry's plated and didn't have any issues. I've since ordered and started shooting Mastercast 175gr. SWC in .40sw and am pleased. These things are "harder than woodpecker lips" as stated by Mike, the owner when I phoned in my order.

Harder lead doesn't necessarily equate to less leading... Missouri bullets do a good job with this here: http://www.missouribullet.com/technical.php

dbarry
08-30-2011, 17:09
couple other sites that do the whole lead hardness myth justice:

http://www.grantcunningham.com/blog_files/15e296c61415e831fecfe8fddcc1dc92-414.html
http://www.sixguns.com/crew/castbullet.htm

WiskyT
08-30-2011, 19:14
My range scrap bullets are soft. I don't know how soft, but a fingernail test puts them somewhere between swaged Hornady bullets and WW bullets. I get no leading as long as I use an appropriate powder charge and Liquid Alox. I'm sure other lubes would work well, but I only tumble lube.

unclebob
09-01-2011, 10:57
If it's not in any Glock manual, bulletin or publication, it's just as you've posted: "Some Guy at Glock said".

(No liability whatever can be accepted if inexpertly manufactured or inexpertly filled ammunitionis used.All liability whatever is excluded in the event of these instructions not being observed.)
So what does that mean? It means you are supposed to only shoot factory ammo through a Glock. I could be wrong but I believe that there is not a major ammo manufacture that produces any lead ammo that could be used in any gun that Glock produces. So in their statement above lead reloaded ammo is included also. So no Glock does not come right out and say that you should not shoot lead in a Glock. Because it is also covered in the only shoot factory ammo statement. If you want to where it says not to shoot lead in a Glock you need to go to books such as The Glock in Competition and a lot of other publications that say not to. I have also have read in a very few publications where it is said it is fine to shoot lead. But I have to go with what people at Glock say about shooting lead. And yes I know personally quite a few people that work for Glock.

WiskyT
09-01-2011, 13:36
(No liability whatever can be accepted if inexpertly manufactured or inexpertly filled ammunitionis used.All liability whatever is excluded in the event of these instructions not being observed.)
So what does that mean? It means you are supposed to only shoot factory ammo through a Glock. I could be wrong but I believe that there is not a major ammo manufacture that produces any lead ammo that could be used in any gun that Glock produces. So in their statement above lead reloaded ammo is included also. So no Glock does not come right out and say that you should not shoot lead in a Glock. Because it is also covered in the only shoot factory ammo statement. If you want to where it says not to shoot lead in a Glock you need to go to books such as The Glock in Competition and a lot of other publications that say not to. I have also have read in a very few publications where it is said it is fine to shoot lead. But I have to go with what people at Glock say about shooting lead. And yes I know personally quite a few people that work for Glock.

Actually, there are many large commercial outfits that reload auto pistol cartridges with lead bullets. I think the majors make target 45ACP in lead as well.

unclebob
09-01-2011, 14:48
Actually, there are many large commercial outfits that reload auto pistol cartridges with lead bullets. I think the majors make target 45ACP in lead as well.

Granted I do not keep up with all the new stuff that has comes out in quite a few years, not like I use too. But who make 45acp lead ammo. Not counting any company that remanufacture ammo. I do believe that is considered remanufactured ammo.

WiskyT
09-01-2011, 18:54
Granted I do not keep up with all the new stuff that has comes out in quite a few years, not like I use too. But who make 45acp lead ammo. Not counting any company that remanufacture ammo. I do believe that is considered remanufactured ammo.

I thought Federal et al did lead SWC, but I found out they are all FMJSWC. Black Hills loads a LSWC in new ammo, but that's the only one I found. Ultramax and other big outfits load lead bullets for the various auto cals, and while technically "reloads", they are factory ammo from my standpoint and are sold in big box stores like Dick's.

sig2009
09-02-2011, 08:06
You won't save any money if you buy from your LGS for Berrys 250 for $50. That is highway robbery!

unclebob
09-02-2011, 08:23
I thought Federal et al did lead SWC, but I found out they are all FMJSWC. Black Hills loads a LSWC in new ammo, but that's the only one I found. Ultramax and other big outfits load lead bullets for the various auto cals, and while technically "reloads", they are factory ammo from my standpoint and are sold in big box stores like Dick's.

I went to Black Hills sight. They have 45 auto rim in lead. But I did not see any 45 ACP. If you I believe use fired brass that is considered reloaded ammo. Does not make any difference who did it.

WiskyT
09-02-2011, 11:44
I went to Black Hills sight. They have 45 auto rim in lead. But I did not see any 45 ACP. If you I believe use fired brass that is considered reloaded ammo. Does not make any difference who did it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=836199

"Out of stock, backordered". Maybe BH dropped it recently.

Steve Koski
09-02-2011, 14:03
In the olden days, I shot 30,000+ lead bullets out of my stock Glock .40 barrels.

dbarry
09-02-2011, 19:19
In the olden days, I shot 30,000+ lead bullets out of my stock Glock .40 barrels.

Started shooting lead in my glock 37 a few months back. No where near 30K rounds - but no problems with grandmaster 180's in 45 gap w/ trailboss (5 grains). 500+ rounds...

Clarification: shot a couple hundred, reloaded 500+ :o)

Jimmy N
09-05-2011, 18:22
FWIW, I shoot the Lee Tumble Lubed 175 grain semi wadcutter in 40 S&W, sized down to .401", using 5.5 gr of WSF, out of my stock Glock 23 barrel.
The lead is made out of clip on wheel weights. I lube using a mix of Lee Liquid Alox and Johnson's Paste Wax. I can shoot a 100 rounds, and barely see anything in the barrel. Just a few passes with the cleaning brush and it looks perfectly clean again.
I chose WSF powder because it doesn't create high pressures, but allows for you to get full velocities. I get GREAT accuracy - better than some factory ammo I've shot.
I didn't have too good of luck with 9mm + lead + G19, but that was when I first started casting.
45 ACP lead is probably the easiest to shoot out of a Glock factory barrel, since it's lower velocity and lower pressures. You really have to suck at reloading cast to get leading in a 45 ACP Glock.
It's all about hardness, a large enough bullet, the right lube, and the right powder that doesn't produce too high of pressure.

dbarry
09-06-2011, 16:26
This would be a good poll. But other forums aside, I think there are at least two folks that do (shoot lead), for every one that doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong, but it almost like a blue vs red discussion...

dwhite53
09-07-2011, 15:09
One thing I did find startling after I started shooting lead bullets through my G22,

ALL my children were born naked.

No lie.

All the Best,
D. White

WiskyT
09-07-2011, 16:19
One thing I did find startling after I started shooting lead bullets through my G22,

ALL my children were born naked.

No lie.

All the Best,
D. White

:supergrin: