What Kind of Roadkill Do You Guys Deal With? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Roadkill Do You Guys Deal With?

50 Cent
08-14-2011, 19:41
My sister hit a deer last winter that pretty much totalled her Tundra.

THIS on the other hand....:

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/08/wild-time-in-pearland-alligator-run-over-on-texas-288/

lwt210
08-14-2011, 20:14
Extension ladders.

Seriously. I bet we get six to eight "ladder on I565" calls a week now.

Good ladders too. You figure a guy drops that kind of cash on a ladder, he has the sense to toss a bungee cord or two on the daggum register counter when he buys it to protect his investment.

Had to get one off 565 today, matter of fact. No bungee cord anywhere near it.

Deer run a close second.

Sam Spade
08-14-2011, 20:37
Generally pedestrians, with the odd bicyclist mixed in here and there....

ctaggart
08-14-2011, 20:42
All sorts of critters and deer. Sometimes a bear.
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm95/Ctaggart/2011-06-08_06-18-32_63.jpg

packsaddle
08-14-2011, 22:40
Deer, dogs, cats, coyotes, raccoons, opossum, skunks, rabbits, snakes, porcupines, foxes, ringtails, buzzards, an occasional horse, and rarely a pedestrian.

Probably a few more I'm not thinking about right now.

smokeross
08-14-2011, 22:51
Moose!!! Two thousand pound moose. 8 feet at the shoulders. 12 to the top of the rack. Shut up about your damn deer. Whimps!

361cop
08-14-2011, 23:45
Moose!!! Two thousand pound moose. 8 feet at the shoulders. 12 to the top of the rack. Shut up about your damn deer. Whimps!

I would love to see some pics!

Down here in 'winter' its deer. Rest of the year its cows and the ocassional horse. You should have seen the horse vs bus on the highway a few years back, it was nasty with blood all over the place. I can only imagine the passengers faces when the impact occurred and the bus driver hitting those brakes.

Also lots of hogs and javelinas. They travel in packs so its common to see one car hit like 4-5 at a time.

O, forgot about alligators as well.

mrsurfboard
08-15-2011, 01:01
Usually cats. We keep our empty printer paper boxes to use as "cat coffins"

CanIhaveGasCash
08-15-2011, 03:48
We have rabbits, racoons, skunks, porcupines, deer, elk, bear, cows, horses, mountain lions. Haven't had a moose yet, but they are around.

JML2365
08-15-2011, 04:02
GEESE. Most I picked up at one time was 12. We have a lot in town and they don't get out of the road and some people don't stop for them. When they get hit it looks like someone tore open a down pillow and it is snowing feathers. Then the rest of the critters like skunks, raccoons, deer, cows etc.

Ajon412
08-15-2011, 10:14
Deer, dogs, cats, coyotes, raccoons, opossum, skunks, rabbits, snakes, porcupines, foxes, ringtails, buzzards, an occasional horse, and rarely a pedestrian.

Probably a few more I'm not thinking about right now.

Pretty much the same, except I'll substitute turtles for coyotes, geese for porcupines and turkeys for horses. No buzzards, except for the Turkey Vultures that dine on the aforementioned roadkill......I guess in some parts of the country, these are considered "good eat'in".....:rofl:

Bullman
08-15-2011, 10:36
Deer, lots and lots of deer. The FR300 has it's own box for deer crashes, and then another box for all other animals. We are polluted with the furry brown bestids and I wish they would extend hunting season so we could get rid of more of the durn things.

Hollywood D
08-16-2011, 10:57
Found a beaver one night. I put it in the back of my car and drove around like that for half the shift. Good thing I never had any prisoners. Then I went to a bar after it was closed and found some beer bottles in the parking lot. Then I took it to the station and set it up in front of the Sgt. cars and put the beer bottles all around it, and one under its arm.

m2hmghb
08-16-2011, 11:30
Found a beaver one night. I put it in the back of my car and drove around like that for half the shift. Good thing I never had any prisoners. Then I went to a bar after it was closed and found some beer bottles in the parking lot. Then I took it to the station and set it up in front of the Sgt. cars and put the beer bottles all around it, and one under its arm.

I remember that one and the picture! Damn I miss that thread. It was almost as good as when Ox froze the raccoon on the roof of the vehicle.

toddmog
08-16-2011, 13:48
Mainly deer and coyotes with an occasional cow...my buddy got the cow call an hour before his shift was supposed to end.

My most recent was deer vs. semi on I-35. There were parts for 1/4 mile. We shoveled off momma and two babies that night.

Hollywood D
08-16-2011, 15:14
I remember that one and the picture! Damn I miss that thread. It was almost as good as when Ox froze the raccoon on the roof of the vehicle.

I forgot I'd posted a thread about that. I still have the pics somewhere on my computer.

Cochese
08-16-2011, 17:19
I forgot I'd posted a thread about that. I still have the pics somewhere on my computer.

Do it. Do it now.

Roadkill_751
08-16-2011, 17:24
People.

I am a crash accident reconstructionist. So I have seen a few roadkill of all kinds. Hence my name on Glock Talk the 751 was my old radio number.

Butcher
08-16-2011, 18:11
cats and rats mostly here in bodymore, murdaland :D

Copzilla55
08-17-2011, 01:56
Deer, Cats, Dogs, Skunks.