What's your opinion on Benny Hinn [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion on Benny Hinn

Dalton Wayne
08-15-2011, 01:40
I think he is a fraud swindling people out of millions Faith healer don't think so

AA#5
08-15-2011, 01:53
Aren't they all.

Dalton Wayne
08-15-2011, 01:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8B4NwI07pI

Dyerbill
08-15-2011, 06:32
He's a liar, thief and a phony......other than that I like him:rofl:

Brucev
08-15-2011, 07:07
Heard of him. Never seen any of his broadcast. Based on what I have heard, very very skeptical.

Paul7
08-15-2011, 07:12
He's a liar, thief and a phony......other than that I like him:rofl:

I don't know anything about him, but do you want to back this up?

Brasso
08-15-2011, 07:24
Snake in the grass.

cowboywannabe
08-15-2011, 07:36
he and his follower's antics make for a good youtube video put to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

Keyhole
08-15-2011, 07:51
You have no idea how many times I've clicked on that crud thinking somebody was showing Benny Hill reruns.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8281/bennyhill.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/bennyhill.jpg/)

BradD
08-15-2011, 08:23
Benny Hill has probably done more good for more people, and far less damage.

Sent from my DROIDX

Snapper2
08-15-2011, 09:42
I don't know anything about him, but do you want to back this up?

I agree with Paul7. How is he a fraud if he is true to what he believes in? Some denominations do not believe in faith healing or the prayer of faith for the sick so naturally it would look like a scam to them. I dont believe anyone in the Bible asked for money for praying for the sick. But today, everyone who goes on television ask for money. Is everyone a fraud? If you believe in something how are you wrong? You get what you pay for.:whistling: An Atheist backs his claims by boasting how wrong the storys of the Bible are due to their knowledge in science and the faith healer builds his faith by practicing what is preached. One says there is no God, the other says God heals.

THplanes
08-15-2011, 09:54
An Atheist backs his claims by boasting how wrong the storys of the Bible are due to their knowledge in science and the faith healer builds his faith by practicing what is preached. One says there is no God, the other says God heals.

Evolution, geology, and BBT are not inherently atheistic. They make no claims about the existence of god one way or the other. The stories of the bible are wrong because of evidence.

Snapper2
08-15-2011, 10:11
Evolution, geology, and BBT are not inherently atheistic. They make no claims about the existence of god one way or the other. The stories of the bible are wrong because of evidence.

But everyone believes in something. My statement had more to do with why Benny Hinn does what he does. Right or wrong.

Roering
08-15-2011, 13:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8B4NwI07pI

Snappy dresser!

ArtificialGrape
08-15-2011, 14:11
How is he a fraud if he is true to what he believes in?
So if I believe that I can make a fortune by bilking the naive from their money, and I act in a way so as to separate these people from their money through deceit, does that mean that I am not a fraud, because my actions are consistent with my beliefs?

-ArtificialGrape

Snapper2
08-15-2011, 14:33
So if I believe that I can make a fortune by bilking the naive from their money, and I act in a way so as to separate these people from their money through deceit, does that mean that I am not a fraud, because my actions are consistent with my beliefs?

-ArtificialGrape
Deceit is the key word and yes that makes you a fraud if its used.Its one thing to ask for money for a common cause that is believed in and a completely different cause(greed) if deception is used. Like I mentioned in my post I dont see in the Bible where money was ask in exchange for a prayer but ministers do have to make a living.Is it wrong for a college to charge students money?:whistling:

ArtificialGrape
08-15-2011, 16:22
Deceit is the key word and yes that makes you a fraud if its used.Its one thing to ask for money for a common cause that is believed in and a completely different cause(greed) if deception is used. Like I mentioned in my post I dont see in the Bible where money was ask in exchange for a prayer but ministers do have to make a living.
Of course it would call for speculation, but when Benny Hinn is whacking people in the head with his suit jacket or pushing them down by their face, do you think he is healing them of disease?

Do you think he really believes it?

Any chance that you've watched Marjoe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-O9aNl2Xrk)?

Is it wrong for a college to charge students money?:whistling:
Depends... is it a Christian college? :tongueout:

Snapper2
08-15-2011, 16:58
Of course it would call for speculation, but when Benny Hinn is whacking people in the head with his suit jacket or pushing them down by their face, do you think he is healing them of disease?

Do you think he really believes it?

Any chance that you've watched Marjoe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-O9aNl2Xrk)?

Depends... is it a Christian college? :tongueout:

The question to me would be credibility.Not the methods. Is he faking healings to draw more people?He will have to be accountable for that just as the people that send money are accountable to pay their bills. As for whether or not I think people are getting healed? Yes I believe God still heals. I believe He can use anyone to do it(through prayer). Whether or not someone should make money doing it isnt my business though. If money were not involved I doubt we'd be having this conversation. Money, its a hit....:supergrin:

eracer
08-15-2011, 17:08
scum!!

muscogee
08-15-2011, 17:17
When people like Binny Hinn start going into nursing homes and hospitals and start sending people with Alzheimer's, COPD, pancreatic cancer, and other incurable diseases home, I'll listen to them.

MadMonkey
08-15-2011, 17:28
I think he is a fraud swindling people out of millions Faith healer don't think so

I don't want to say anything against him. However, I worked for him for over 2 years, and I want absolutely nothing to do with him from now on.

OngoingFreedom
08-15-2011, 17:51
Charlatan.

OngoingFreedom
08-15-2011, 17:52
I don't want to say anything against him. However, I worked for him for over 2 years, and I want absolutely nothing to do with him from now on.

From Benny Hill?!?

MadMonkey
08-15-2011, 18:13
From Benny Hill?!?

Wrong quote, sorry :rofl:

herose
08-16-2011, 14:44
Benny Hinn is among the worst that society has to offer. He offers hope when he has none to give, he offers help when he has none to give. He should be locked up, tarred and feathered, and banished to a distant remote area where he can do no more damage. :steamed:

Roering
08-16-2011, 23:44
He cured me of my MS.

Ogreon
08-17-2011, 00:33
He cured me of my MS.

He cured himself of his Mrs. And he still has a house. That's a true miracle.

FifthFreedom
08-17-2011, 07:34

He cured me of watching religious TV programming. :supergrin:

Roering
08-17-2011, 09:40

Darn. I was hoping I'd get a bite on that one.

MadMonkey
08-17-2011, 17:29
Okay, maybe I'll say something else. His last birthday party featured belly dancers :rofl:

jdavionic
08-17-2011, 17:31
He was one of the funniest British comedians who always had attractive women on his shows. Hilarious guy.

Oh wait...that was Benny Hill. Nevermind.

Ogreon
08-18-2011, 13:17
Darn. I was hoping I'd get a bite on that one.

Everybody already knows that you're Stephen Hawking. We're just letting you cling to your illusion of anonymity.