Crimson Trace and Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace and Glock

sr556m9
08-15-2011, 11:31
Hey Guys,

Wanted to get your thoughts on Crimson Trace grips on your Glock? If you have them, do you like the way the feel? I have lasergrips for my Beretta M9, SIG 229, Glock 30, and Glock 19. I absolutely love the grips on the Beretta and SIG, but the Glock grips I don't think I like. I actually took the lasergrip off of my G30 because it made the grip too awkward (felt like a 2X4). On my G19, I have Crimson Trace's newest version, the LG-417, and at first I liked it. As time goes by, however, I find that the beavertail digs into my hand, and that the lasergrip makes it difficult to maintain a high thumb hold on my pistol. It's feels like it is digging into the base of my thumb after holding the pistol for awhile. I think the main difference between the Glock and SIG/Beretta grips is the fact that on the Glock there are no grip shells to remove, so when you add the lasergrip you are adding to the grip. With the Beretta/SIG, you remove the old grip and replace it with the lasergrip, so you might add a bit of thinkness, but it doesn't really change the grip. Just my observations, want to see what your experiences or thoughts are.

ku4hx
08-15-2011, 12:13
Hey Guys,

Wanted to get your thoughts on Crimson Trace grips on your Glock? If you have them, do you like the way the feel? I have lasergrips for my Beretta M9, SIG 229, Glock 30, and Glock 19. I absolutely love the grips on the Beretta and SIG, but the Glock grips I don't think I like. I actually took the lasergrip off of my G30 because it made the grip too awkward (felt like a 2X4). On my G19, I have Crimson Trace's newest version, the LG-417, and at first I liked it. As time goes by, however, I find that the beavertail digs into my hand, and that the lasergrip makes it difficult to maintain a high thumb hold on my pistol. It's feels like it is digging into the base of my thumb after holding the pistol for awhile. I think the main difference between the Glock and SIG/Beretta grips is the fact that on the Glock there are no grip shells to remove, so when you add the lasergrip you are adding to the grip. With the Beretta/SIG, you remove the old grip and replace it with the lasergrip, so you might add a bit of thinkness, but it doesn't really change the grip. Just my observations, want to see what your experiences or thoughts are.

I have five CT Lasers on my models 17, 22, 23, 26 and 27. The one on the 27 is a an LG-436.

I find the grip mounted models give me a palm swell right where I want it which is nice and all are 100% non intrusive. My wife likes them also. All were purchased to provide a bedside table and carry piece for low light situations. We're both licensed for concealed carry.

For us, the lasers don't supplant factory sights, they augment them.

Like everything else, if they don't work for you they don't work for you. We much prefer models with the switch on the rear of the grip. The LG-436 has it on the front of the grip and is a wee bit less intuitive. For that reason I carry the 27 and my wife the 26.