got my tags today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : got my tags today

gjk5
08-15-2011, 18:35
lucked out and got a leftover elk tag I did not know existed: antlerless private land that runs 9/1-1/31, which will also run concurrent with my fall OTC turkey (and dove and a few other bird seasons) and an Over The Counter bull tag for 4th rifle. And luckily I have permission to hunt a nice chunk of private land for all of it. Got screwed on mulies though: no tag AT ALL.

But that means rifle hunting in the rut!

Hummer
08-16-2011, 00:13
Congrats on the elk tags, you should have a good chance of getting two animals. That would take some freezer space. A September elk hunt must be sweet. Sometimes I get tired of punching through knee deep snow during 3rd season in late Oct-early November.

This year I got lucky and drew a pronghorn buck tag for early October. Also got both cow and bull elk tags, a buck deer tag, and one for either sex bear, all for the 3rd season on public land bordering the FlatTops Wilderness. Can hardly wait to get back into that country. Last year I took my 23rd elk there, but didn't see a buck deer all season. A bear chewed on part of that elk before I got it packed out so I'm going to be hunting hard for him this year. I happened to follow that bear for a mile and sure enough, the tracks led right to my elk.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/COHummer/Guns/Hunting/Black-Bear-tracks.jpg

gjk5
08-16-2011, 16:41
Yep, I have usually done 3rd and 4th season myself. Good luck Hummer!

CanyonMan
08-19-2011, 22:47
Hey, good luck on your hunt. I got several good friends in Grand Junction that will be hunting the area as well. Actually about an hour from there i think ?

Anyway good luck.

CM