U.n. Arms treaty [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : U.n. Arms treaty

Turk
08-16-2011, 00:39
Hopefully I have placed this thread in the proper forum. Also, I looked around the forums and did not see any discussion of this issue.

Today I received an e-mail from the NRA. They are asking for support and help with their efforts to stop our governments activities and involvement with the U.N.'s efforts to disarm the population of member countrys, especially the USA. Following is a short excerpt from the e-mail;

"What you and I are facing is a United Nations that has set its sights on global disarmament. Their goal is to disarm citizens worldwide, including you and me.

These international gun banners want every gun to be under U.N. and government control. This includes your rifle, your shotgun and your pistol. The bottom line is this: the U.N. treaty is not only an attack on the Second Amendment, it's an attack on our freedoms.

If you don't want to end up defenseless like the people of New Orleans in 2005 or the people of Great Britain today, then we need to fight this treaty now."

I am posting this to help inform as many people as I can about this and incite opinionated conversation. I am also trying to understand if this is a well known issue or not. Thanks to all!