Aurora Office Resigns - Tragic [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Office Resigns - Tragic

NecoDude
08-16-2011, 10:48
Even heros make mistakes...

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-aurora-police-officer-resigns-over-dwai-speeding-case-20110815,0,514809.story

Morris
08-16-2011, 11:09
At least he had the credibility to resign/retire. Doesn't excuse my disgust for yet another drunk driver though.

NecoDude
08-16-2011, 11:13
Totally agree as this was 100% preventable...

PinkoCommie
08-16-2011, 12:25
A tragedy would have been if he had gotten into an accident and hurt someone. This is not tragic, it is pathetic.

Agent6-3/8
08-16-2011, 14:04
A tragedy would have been if he had gotten into an accident and hurt someone. This is not tragic, it is pathetic.

+1

DUI while on duty, in a unit shows some major integrity issues. I wonder what else he was into? As far as the Cheif's comment about a , "single poor judgement"...I call BS on that too. It might have been the one that got him caught, but it most certainly wasn't his first or only.

PinkoCommie
08-16-2011, 18:58
+1

DUI while on duty, in a unit shows some major integrity issues. I wonder what else he was into? As far as the Cheif's comment about a , "single poor judgement"...I call BS on that too. It might have been the one that got him caught, but it most certainly wasn't his first or only.

I spoke with someone who worked with this officer in the past, and I came away with the same sentiment you just expressed.

MeefZah
08-16-2011, 19:51
Well that sucks all around.

OLY-M4gery
08-17-2011, 07:33
At least he had the credibility to resign/retire. Doesn't excuse my disgust for yet another drunk driver though.

Other news places have said his BAC was .077.

Morris
08-17-2011, 10:04
So what? He was drunk and this wasn't his first time doing so.

I am permanently embittered towards drunk and impaired drivers after nearly losing one friend to one and having one kill himself driving and crashing drunk.

OLY-M4gery
08-17-2011, 10:21
So what? He was drunk and this wasn't his first time doing so.

I am permanently embittered towards drunk and impaired drivers after nearly losing one friend to one and having one kill himself driving and crashing drunk.

He was impaired.

.08 is a pretty strict standard, and he was under that.

Of course, drinking in an .le car, driving an .le car with ANY intoxicants on board, having personal intoxicants in an .le car, and littering from an .le car, should all be violations of work rules at every dept in the US, and every officers ethical standards.

DaBigBR
08-17-2011, 11:11
He was impaired.

.08 is a pretty strict standard, and he was under that.

Of course, drinking in an .le car, driving an .le car with ANY intoxicants on board, having personal intoxicants in an .le car, and littering from an .le car, should all be violations of work rules at every dept in the US, and every officers ethical standards.

The .08 standard is an illegal limit, not a legal one. You are presumed to be under the influence at .08 or greater, but merely having a lower alcohol concentration does NOT a sober person make.

But I'm sure that you know that.

Goldendog Redux
08-17-2011, 11:20
No great loss for anyone. Hell, the dumass had 31 years in. Unless somehow he will not collect on his retirement, he is golden. Nothing tragic here. That "hero" will find no sympathy in this forum.

MF