Philly mayor Michael Nutter [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Philly mayor Michael Nutter

Hollywood D
08-16-2011, 11:07
I checked and I don't think this is a repost.

I saw this on CNN yesterday. Good for him, someone has some stones finally.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/youve-damaged-your-own-race-philly-mayor-blasts-teens-flash-mobs/

CJStudent
08-16-2011, 12:37
:perfect10:

Agent6-3/8
08-16-2011, 14:11
Awesome! :thumbsup:

Denied
08-16-2011, 16:22
Mayor, my hat is off to you, well said.

m2hmghb
08-16-2011, 16:33
Finally

Ajon412
08-16-2011, 16:41
You’ve damaged yourself, you’ve damaged another person, you’ve damaged your peers and, quite honestly, you’ve damaged your own race,” Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter said in a fiery address before his congregation Sunday. “You damaged your own race.”

Nutter, who is African American, targeted so-called flash mobs of black youths who’ve been caught on video attacking people in downtown Philadelphia. “If you want…anybody else to respect you and not be afraid when they see you walking down the street,” he said from the pulpit at Mount Carmel Baptist Church, “then leave the innocent people who are walking down the street minding their own damn business. Leave them alone.”

Good for him.....Too bad not enough of the good citizens of Philly are allowed to carry handguns for protection when encountering a Flash Mob. This way, the only "flash" the "mob" would see is from the muzzle of a handgun......:whistling:

MeefZah
08-16-2011, 19:52
Well spoken.

MooseJaw
08-16-2011, 21:06
Bill Cosby has been saying this for Years..

KiloBravo
08-16-2011, 21:34
Makes me damn proud to be a PA native!
And to the poster above, a License to Carry a Firearm is very easy to get in PA. Any permit from any county will allow any resident to carry in Philly. You can bet your butt that I have every time I have been there, and will continue to do so.

janice6
08-16-2011, 21:36
Nice to hear from a leader once in a while. Kudos.

The Fist Of Goodness
08-16-2011, 21:42
Good for him.....Too bad not enough of the good citizens of Philly are allowed to carry handguns for protection when encountering a Flash Mob. This way, the only "flash" the "mob" would see is from the muzzle of a handgun......:whistling:

A Daily News reporter, Monica Yant Kinney, was interviewed on a local AM station about the flash mobs (because they are, of course, experts on everything:upeyes:), and she was all a-flutter over the possibility of a CCW shooting one of these thugs. She is typical of the liberal media in Philadelphia. She would rather that 10 innocent victims be used as soccer balls by these thugs than have one citizen fight back.

KiloBravo
08-16-2011, 21:45
A Daily News reporter, Monica Yant Kinney, was interviewed on a local AM station about the flash mobs (because they are, of course, experts on everything:upeyes:), and she was all a-flutter over the possibility of a CCW shooting one of these thugs. She is typical of the liberal media in Philadelphia. She would rather that 10 innocent victims be used as soccer balls by these thugs than have one citizen fight back.

It would warm my heart to read of a CCW holder ventilating one of these POS in the daily news. :cool:

50 Cent
08-16-2011, 23:00
It would warm my heart to read of a CCW holder ventilating one of these POS in the daily news. :cool:

I thought PA State CHL laws trumped any local ordinance Philly might use to try to restrict a person from legally carrying under a PA CHL.

Which means any visiting - or heck - RESIDENT CHL holder is likely packing under the current environment? I'm surprised a CHL holder HASN'T clipped one of these guys already.

Unless : 1) The actual percentage of the PA population is actually pretty low.

2) The number of flash mob attacks - while making lively press - are
also pretty low.

RetailNinja
08-16-2011, 23:16
Or one of those off duty cops that carries a Glock and three spare mags.

SergeantC
08-17-2011, 14:30

She can be the first of those innocent victims. Then we'll see if she changes her mind.

ateamer
08-17-2011, 14:34
“If you want…anybody else to respect you and not be afraid when they see you walking down the street,” he said from the pulpit...

But that's exactly what gang members and flash mobbers (pretty much the same thing) want. It boosts their fragile egos to have people cower in their presence. If someone isn't in total deference to them and showing fear, they consider it disrespect.

Ajon412
08-18-2011, 03:46
Or one of those off duty cops that carries a Glock and three spare mags.

This.....I tend to think (hope) that it'll be more than likely an LE type (active / retired) that a "flash mob" might stumble upon....I think it's just a matter of time, if things continue the way they are.....:dunno:

Vigilant
08-18-2011, 09:18
“If you want…anybody else to respect you and not be afraid when they see you walking down the street,” he said from the pulpit...

But that's exactly what gang members and flash mobbers (pretty much the same thing) want. It boosts their fragile egos to have people cower in their presence. If someone isn't in total deference to them and showing fear, they consider it disrespect.

The only person in whose presence I cower is Miss Kitty. But it's probably my fault. Sometimes I can be rude and disrespectful. :rofl:

Hack
08-18-2011, 09:31
Flash mobs there are definitely in need of some applied wood shampoo, liberally applied at that. Good speech by the mayor. I wonder if the people will listen.

wheelman707
08-18-2011, 09:39
:thumbsup::thumbsup:At least someone isn't affraid to speak the truth.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hedo1
08-18-2011, 11:35
Sounded like he was chanelling the spirit of Frank Rizzo. I can almost imagine Mayor Rizzo saying "Yeah we had a flash mob in Philadelphia....once"

MrsKitty
08-18-2011, 12:37
The only person in whose presence I cower is Miss Kitty. But it's probably my fault. Sometimes I can be rude and disrespectful. :rofl:

Boo. :tongueout:

Vigilant
08-18-2011, 16:43
Boo. :tongueout:

D'OH! :wavey: