(Another) Poly question... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : (Another) Poly question...

MeefZah
08-16-2011, 19:59
Is anyone familiar with a pre-employment polygraph test that:

* is conducted without any "control questions" (e.g. "lie on this answer so we can get a baseline") but just jumps right into the pertinent questions

* involves THREE (not two) tests of the same questions

* does not involve any kind of follow up questions... as in, when that third test / last question is asked, that's it. It's over. No interview to clarify any answers that the examiner thinks were deceitful

?

I had one today, and it's a funny story which I will elaborate more on later, but right now I'm still scratching my head over the unusualness of this test. I've taken 3 other polys (granted most recent was 11 years ago) and they were nothing like this; and from the reports I've seen here and while looking up poly testing online I can't find any description of this sort of test. The lack of baseline questions is the really wierd part, to me...

:dunno:

Cochese
08-16-2011, 20:33
Donkey secks is normal and healthy.

MeefZah
08-16-2011, 21:18

Nah man, they don't ask the beastiality questions any more.

KiloBravo
08-16-2011, 21:29

They sure did on mine back in May. LOL :supergrin:

CAcop
08-16-2011, 21:35
They sure did on mine back in May. LOL :supergrin:

With a screen name like yours they had to make sure you weren't "that guy."

KiloBravo
08-16-2011, 21:42
With a screen name like yours they had to make sure you weren't "that guy."

:rofl: great point! And not one I had considered. Lol

To be honest, it was tough holding back a smile when asked about my "no" response to that question. I don't even want to think about some of the weird sickos that apply for such a career. Lol

Cochese
08-17-2011, 01:13

Hmmm. I coulda sworn that guy was legit. He even had a lab coat on. Oh well.

msu_grad_121
08-17-2011, 08:00
Hmmm. I coulda sworn that guy was legit. He even had a lab coat on. Oh well.

Is that like the old "So the guy checks my prostate and then says the doctor would be right in" joke?

trifecta
08-17-2011, 08:03
I don't recall being given a "lie" baseline question. I think it was just "true" baseline questions like name or something. It's been a few years, though.

FiremanMike
08-17-2011, 11:46
I don't recall being given a "lie" baseline question. I think it was just "true" baseline questions like name or something. It's been a few years, though.

I've only ever taken CVSA exams, and they required a "lie" for a baseline..

steveksux
08-17-2011, 14:22

They sure did on mine back in May. LOL :supergrin:Maybe you answered the preliminary questionnaire more like Cochese... :rofl:

Randy

KiloBravo
08-17-2011, 18:46
Maybe you answered the preliminary questionnaire more like Cochese... :rofl:

Randy

I plead the 5th! :whistling: :supergrin:

(And yes, I answered no to that question on both the initial screening packet and the actual test itself.)

collim1
08-17-2011, 19:05
Yeah, I can...My poly did not involve any screening questions, and involved the same 5 questions asked in about 60 different ways.

I am mega claustrophobic so the needles didn't settle for ten minutes after being hooked up.

The poly operator recommended that I not be hired because it was his opinion that I had showed deception when questioned about making terroristic threats to the US gov't!

I have ZERO faith in this so called "science" of polygraph. It was the worst hour of my life, seriously.

KiloBravo
08-17-2011, 20:14
Yeah, I can...My poly did not involve any screening questions, and involved the same 5 questions asked in about 60 different ways.

I am mega claustrophobic so the needles didn't settle for ten minutes after being hooked up.

The poly operator recommended that I not be hired because it was his opinion that I had showed deception when questioned about making terroristic threats to the US gov't!

I have ZERO faith in this so called "science" of polygraph. It was the worst hour of my life, seriously.

My opinion is that they are designed to scare the dishonest people into telling the truth and spill their guts before they even get hooked up to take the test. There might be some sort of technical way they work, but I think it is one big scare tactic.

collim1
08-17-2011, 20:19
My opinion is that they are designed to scare the dishonest people into telling the truth and spill their guts before they even get hooked up to take the test. There might be some sort of technical way they work, but I think it is one big scare tactic.

I agree!

They are total junk. I can read body language well and am USUALLY correct when I think someone is lying to me. However polys are junk, and the operators have real need to justify their existence...and pay.

RetailNinja
08-18-2011, 08:00
However polys are junk, and the operators have real need to justify their existence...and pay.

Truth here.

ChinaCave
08-18-2011, 16:32
Not in LE -

Have a friend who sat in or administrated Poly tests in the southwest many years ago.

He told a tale of one gent who when asked the bestiality question replied "yes, with a dog." When the eyebrows across the table quickly rose, he followed with "but it was a female dog, nothing kinky!"

steveksux
08-21-2011, 08:50
Is that like the old "So the guy checks my prostate and then says the doctor would be right in" joke?

Always remember: WATCH THEIR HANDS!

Or in this case, watch their hand. If you see both hands you're in a lot more trouble than you bargained for :wow::rofl:

Randy