Wow.. eye opening Glockmeister vs Lone Wolf Incident [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. eye opening Glockmeister vs Lone Wolf Incident

RYT 2BER
08-17-2011, 13:15
This may sound pretty petty, but I just GOTTA rant a bit here.

I go online to purchase 2 tiny parts from Glockmeister.. Total weight is probably 4 ounces. Tells me the shipping to Ft Lauderdale (very "out of the way") is going to cost $13.

There is a little disclaimer that says "if your order costs less than $20 call us and we can ship 1st class mail for $3.

So I call and I say, well I know my order is actually $25 but its for 2 tiny items so can I ship it 1st class. The guy says "no" we draw the line at $20?!?! So Im say, "Let me get this straight.. You want to charge me $13+ dollars in shipping for 2 tiny parts" He says "yes". So I say "Wow.. well thats unfortunate, I'll have to take my business elsewhere". He says "ok have a great day". :faint:

I proceed to go onto Lone Wolfs website.. unbeknownst to me.. I find both items on LW website for slightly CHEAPER and shipping cost me $3!! :thumbsup:

This is why business people are just so damn stupid. Not only did Glockmeister lose my piddley sale today, but I will go straight to Lone Wolf everytime I need something now.:cool:

Really mystifies the mind. Glockmeister lost me as a customer because they were too busy standing on ceremony, then Lone Wolf comes through without a hiccup. :shocked: Business spend a fortune on advertising, and to just let a customer go is increadibly wastful and costly.

Cruiser1
08-17-2011, 13:17
Just goes to prove that an informed consumer is a happy consumer.

08-17-2011, 13:23
Ibtl.

debbert
08-17-2011, 13:25
Shipping and "handling" are where most companies make their money. Those few extra dollars on each order add up quickly.

I recently order two items from Midway, and my total was under $15 for the items, and the shipping and handling fee was like $9 and then they had a separate fee called "handling fee" of $3! I thought the handling was in with the shipping, thus a "shipping and handling fee."

Mind you, my parts (due to size and weight) could have been put into a first class envelope and mailed USPS, first class, for less than $1. My shipping and handling fees were almost as much as my order total. Ridiculous!

RYT 2BER
08-17-2011, 13:30
Shipping and "handling" are where most companies make their money. Those few extra dollars on each order add up quickly.

I understand what you are saying however Lone Wolf didnt seem to have a problem shipping 1st class since the crap fits inside of an envelope.. Whereas the other company stood on their "$20 limit".

Its so dumb since it was 2 items I could have ordered one.. then waited 5 mins and ordered the other under a separate order and the $3+$3 shipping would still have been cheaper than the absurd $13 they were asking.

I do plenty of shipping as I sell stuff on eBay. I know what it costs to ship somehting and $13 to ship a glock armorers tool and a polymer trigger would have cost a shipper about $3!

JBP55
08-17-2011, 13:32
That is one reason I use LWD.

debbert
08-17-2011, 13:33
I understand what you are saying however Lone Wolf didnt seem to have a problem shipping 1st class since the crap fits inside of an envelope.. Whereas the other company stood on their "$20 limit".

Its so dumb since it was 2 items I could have ordered one.. then waited 5 mins and ordered the other under a separate order and the $3+$3 shipping would still have been cheaper than the absurd $13 they were asking.

I do plenty of shipping as I sell stuff on eBay. I know what it costs to ship somehting and $13 to ship a glock armorers tool and a polymer trigger would have cost a shipper about $3!

I totally understand, and I feel your pain!

I spent some money with Lone Wolf a couple of days ago, and the shipping with insurance seemed fair.

ronin.45
08-17-2011, 14:41
You definitely have to keep an eye on shipping costs.

glockfanbob
08-17-2011, 14:43
That is one reason I use LWD.

Me as well. LWD has fantastic customer service as well.

mikegun
08-17-2011, 14:43
You wont go wrong dealing with LONE WOLF, one of the few companies that backs their products....imho

ColdBlooded
08-17-2011, 14:44
Same thing with TopGunSupply regarding Sig Sauer parts. I got the blanket:

"Sorry. We are not equipped to ship any way but our flat rate. For larger orders it is great, but for smaller orders not so much."

I guess they won't be getting my business.

RWBlue
08-17-2011, 15:00
Lone Wolf has treated me fair in the past.

I have had no business with Glockmeister.

mike g35
08-17-2011, 15:09
I had a very similar situation happen recently with Glockstore versus Lone Wolf and Lone Wolf was the one I did my buisness with. I'm not sure but I think that Glockstore, Glock World, and Glock Meister are all owned by Magills llc. and not only do they charge you more for shipping they don't get the orders out that fast either. I ordered 10 orange Glock magazine base plates from Lone Wolf yesterday morning and they shipped last night and are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Good job Lone Wolf!!!

mike g35
08-17-2011, 15:15
Bobby Carver at B&B Enterprise is shipping me a $1200 racegun pro kit and the shipping was right around $20 dollars and it was shipped Fed Ex 2 day. Thats how every company should be, you pay for shipping by the weight and the time not by the flat rate rip off. I do 98% of my buisness with B&B and if he had the other 2% I would spend that money there too.

Jason D
08-17-2011, 16:51
Lone Wolf is awesome.
I've only ever done business with them Glock wise.

Bonedoc
04-03-2012, 11:23
Its an old thread but I have grown weary of Glockmeister's indifference to issues. I've had several parts fail and after only a short time of use, Glockmeister is like, well, "Who cares?" and I have stopped doing business after some nearly ten years of loyalty. Lone Wolf and Glockworx (of course the usual ones, Midway and so forth) ... just my two cent rant.

NIB
04-03-2012, 11:58
I stopped doing business with Glockmeister back when you still had to phone in your order.

hamster
04-03-2012, 12:14
Funny you bring this up. I ordered a Glock 33 barrel from them which they claimed to have in-stock. A few days later I got a shipping notification from them with a FedEx tracking number.

Fast forward to about 4 days later, the Fexex tracking was still showing that while the shipping label had been printed, the item hadn't been picked up. I contacted Glockmeister about this issue and they suggested I call Fedex and find out what they did with the item. I did just that and Fedex confirmed the item was not shipped yet.

Several days later in response to my email glockmeister confirmed that they were indeed out of stock and that the shipping notification had been in error. They were courteous about everything, but I have to say I was a bit annoyed it took them nearly two business weeks to figure out they were out of stock.

newbs
04-03-2012, 12:30
Doesn't seem petty to me... Just a fair criticism, and I'm sure you'll do as I will in the future and not do business with them.

I ordered an extractor and a bench mat from Glockmeister on a Thursday, the day before we went to DC for a long weekend. I paid for three-day air shipping, expecting it to be on my front step on Tuesday when we arrived home in the evening. This assumption was based on the statement on their website that most orders placed before whatever time would be shipped the same day.

On Wednesday, when the part didn't arrive by the end of the day, I emailed them and asked for a status update. At that point, I was informed that the bench mat, which still showed "in stock" on their site, was on backorder, and was asked whether I wanted to wait or to cancel the bench mat off the order. It took them six days to figure this out and let me know on an order where I paid for expedited shipping??? :steamed:

I've since received the extractor, but won't be placing any future orders with them. Horrible customer care.

Three-Five-Seven
04-03-2012, 12:33
I've long believed that felons see the world differently than the rest of us.

faawrenchbndr
04-03-2012, 12:42
I use Brownells when ever possible,....they SUPPORT the LEO/MILITARY/FD

Bruce M
04-03-2012, 16:10
I've long believed that felons see the world differently than the rest of us.
:wow:

I concur watching the shipping costs and choosing wisely is a good choice.

Eric2340
04-03-2012, 18:42
I've been a long time Glockmeister fan since like '97 or so, and I hate to admit as of late I had run into the same thing. :(

Mine for two simple plastic rear Glock sights, and I have to admit I did the same thing and ordered them from LF instead for next to nothing shipping. :(

Sorry GM, time to change your policy................. :(

bogeyalert
04-04-2012, 16:25
I've been a long time Glockmeister fan since like '97 or so, and I hate to admit as of late I had run into the same thing. :(

Mine for two simple plastic rear Glock sights, and I have to admit I did the same thing and ordered them from LF instead for next to nothing shipping. :(

Sorry GM, time to change your policy................. :(

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your business, it's alway nice to hear from a long time customer. Your order of two plastic rear sights did qualify for $3 First Class shipping. Those sights cost $5 a piece, and our $3 FC shipping policy extends to a total of $20.

After reading this thread I spoke to the company President and suggested we offer a service between the $3 First Class and FedEx (Normally about $9-12).

After reviewing our existing software we discovered we could insure First Class shipments for slightly more than the $3 currently charged for FC. We will be reviewing our policy and will see if we can offer future low cost shipping methods, such as insured First Class.

I hope this message helps clarify our existing shipping policies, and once again thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. In the meantime, I'll get to work trying to get that insured first class shipping method up and running!

Respectfully,

Josh Buege
Online Sales and Marketing
Glockmeister
joshb@glockmeister.com

Jason D
04-04-2012, 16:51
Thank you for helping to clear things up.

bogeyalert
04-04-2012, 17:18
You're welcome Jason, glad I can help. First Class shipping with insurance will be available upon request (over the phone like the existing $3 option) as of tomorrow morning for items ranging in value from $20-50. The cost for this option is $5.

Black Dog Coffee
04-04-2012, 17:41
I ran into the same thing a few weeks back with GlockStore.com. The shipping was $13.14 for a small plastic part. I assumed it would be shipped at least via Priority Mail for that kind of fee (which would have been a cost to them of $6.20). However, when it did finally ship it went First Class Mail (cost about $3.28). I do a lot of mail order myself so I'm aware of what things cost.
I wasn't happy and don't plan to do business with them again.

Bonedoc
04-04-2012, 19:35
I sent a PM to Bogey - Glockstore is a vendor I've not had experience with ... BUT (and not to complain) a good Friend in San Diego stopped using them due slow slow shipping... I don't know if GM will make the failed (twice) rod right but it is good they commented.
I have used GlockWorx and like them and they are close enough for me to drive to (well, a long drive, 80 miles) and they will take time on the phone with you (at least they did with me).
Guns are extremely personal! We all have our own opinions, likes and dislikes "BUT" I think vendors need to realize that anything construed thru experience and failure(s) as shoddy must be addressed or they lose their clientele. An indifferent attitude drives me to someone else.
Be safe.

dakrat
04-04-2012, 20:11

I support those who support :patriot:

MadCityJack
04-04-2012, 20:57
There are few forums that can get the attention of large companies. Way to go!

SauerChoi
04-04-2012, 21:16
It's cool that they are responding to this. but I cannot believe they always wait until there is a stink about it here before they make it right.

GM will never get my business after the last thread about their sight installation and this one.

TSAX
04-05-2012, 02:16
Me as well. LWD has fantastic customer service as well.

:agree:

:50cal:

NEOH212
04-05-2012, 03:25
This may sound pretty petty, but I just GOTTA rant a bit here.

I go online to purchase 2 tiny parts from Glockmeister.. Total weight is probably 4 ounces. Tells me the shipping to Ft Lauderdale (very "out of the way") is going to cost $13.

There is a little disclaimer that says "if your order costs less than $20 call us and we can ship 1st class mail for $3.

So I call and I say, well I know my order is actually $25 but its for 2 tiny items so can I ship it 1st class. The guy says "no" we draw the line at $20?!?! So Im say, "Let me get this straight.. You want to charge me $13+ dollars in shipping for 2 tiny parts" He says "yes". So I say "Wow.. well thats unfortunate, I'll have to take my business elsewhere". He says "ok have a great day". :faint:

I proceed to go onto Lone Wolfs website.. unbeknownst to me.. I find both items on LW website for slightly CHEAPER and shipping cost me $3!! :thumbsup:

This is why business people are just so damn stupid. Not only did Glockmeister lose my piddley sale today, but I will go straight to Lone Wolf everytime I need something now.:cool:

Really mystifies the mind. Glockmeister lost me as a customer because they were too busy standing on ceremony, then Lone Wolf comes through without a hiccup. :shocked: Business spend a fortune on advertising, and to just let a customer go is increadibly wastful and costly.

All happy until Lone Wolf raises their prices too since everyone else is doing it. :whistling:

Just sayen........

kenpoprofessor
04-05-2012, 04:34
Glockmeister is literally so close to my house, I can almost throw a rock and hit it. I still order everything online from CTD, LoneWolf, and on Ebay from Glockpolishing :cool:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

waawaaweenie
04-05-2012, 05:04
I have ordered a bunch of stuff from LoneWolf and there are some things on backorder.

When an item or two come into stock, they ship them off and actually put a discount in the total and the shipping is like $1 total and it comes in a first class envelope

that is the way to do it.

some places just do not want to go to any extra trouble to make customers happy

The_Gun_Guru
04-05-2012, 05:26
People are stupid.

It's an epedemic in this country!

I like LWD too - they are good people!:wavey:

TGG

Tvov
04-05-2012, 05:39
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your business, it's alway nice to hear from a long time customer.
Josh Buege
Online Sales and Marketing
Glockmeister
joshb@glockmeister.com

Can I make a gentle suggestion? You might want to think about changing your forum nickname. I thought at first that your post was a joke, using a name like "bogeyalert".

Bonedoc
04-05-2012, 06:24
People are stupid.

It's an epedemic in this country!

I like LWD too - they are good people!:wavey:

TGG

Great T-Shirt - and let's hope that our enjoyment in use of firearms remains free after Nov '12 - these suppliers will be hard pressed to make a living if the 'wrong' thing happens in this upcoming election.

Glockpolishing on ebay? Have to look 'em up!!

bogeyalert
04-05-2012, 11:42
Can I make a gentle suggestion? You might want to think about changing your forum nickname. I thought at first that your post was a joke, using a name like "bogeyalert".

You might be on to something. The name is a reference to an old nickname I had in the Corps. I'll see what I can do about setting up a more "Official" Glockmeister name.

cfr
04-05-2012, 14:33
Ive only dealt with GM in person at the Phoenix store on Bell Rd as it's somewhat between home and work.

Based on the handful of times Ive been in, they are great guys in person. :wavey:

sfguard
04-05-2012, 14:51
I have never had a issue with Lone Wolf but I know several people that have had issues with Glockmeister. Usually in regards to shipping. When my Brother had issues with them I stopped doing business with them myself. Not that I purchased a lot from them probably $100-$150 yearly in purchases not going to make or break them but when you loose several like that it starts to add up.

larson1122
04-05-2012, 15:37
Glockmeister is literally so close to my house, I can almost throw a rock and hit it. I still order everything online from CTD, LoneWolf, and on Ebay from Glockpolishing :cool:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

I had never heard of Glock Polishing on Ebay before now but I just checked them out and placed an order. Pretty reasonable prices and FREE shipping.

TxGlock9
04-05-2012, 17:28
Glockmeister has been known to have shady customer service. They never get my business

Javelin
04-05-2012, 17:31
Ibtl.

Naw... let's let this one roll. :rofl:

larson1122
04-05-2012, 17:43
Glockmeister has been known to have shady customer service. They never get my business

+1. Although I have ordered from them ONCE...I will never make that same mistake and order from them again.

Ford302Glock21
04-05-2012, 22:09
Have ordered from both. Lonewolf gets my biz anytime I need glock parts. I won't even look at meisters website anymore to even think about if their price might be cheaper.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

toddmog
04-05-2012, 23:24
Thank you for helping to clear things up.

It only took 7 months too. :whistling:

TxGlock9
04-05-2012, 23:45
^^ lol

arclight610
04-06-2012, 00:56

I recently order two items from Midway, and my total was under $15 for the items, and the shipping and handling fee was like $9 and then they had a separate fee called "handling fee" of $3! I thought the handling was in with the shipping, thus a "shipping and handling fee."

Mind you, my parts (due to size and weight) could have been put into a first class envelope and mailed USPS, first class, for less than $1. My shipping and handling fees were almost as much as my order total. Ridiculous!

Order Confirmation Page

Hammer Spring 2.97
Roll Pin 0.79

Shipping 10.50
and 1.50
Handl 2.00
ing .33

[Submit] [Cancel ($2.00]

Sounds like a good business scheme to me. :tongueout:

Hdoc
04-06-2012, 17:54

How so?

Bonedoc
04-17-2012, 14:36
Glockmeister and Bogey made good on the 'warranty' for my snapped Tungsten rod and sent me a new one. This new rod (for G22) is designed differently than the old one and so I'm hoping it lasts longer (soft loads used, nothing hot). Bogey was good to his word and got this replaced. A headache but at least the right response.

pangloss9
04-17-2012, 20:21
I've ordered form LoneWolf, Glockmeister, and GlockParts, but I always try to wait until I need several parts before placing and order. I've ordered a couple of things form Lonewolf that I had problems with but they always made it right. Their customer service is top notch.

Bonedoc
02-26-2013, 09:58
Glockmeister and Bogey made good on the 'warranty' for my snapped Tungsten rod and sent me a new one. This new rod (for G22) is designed differently than the old one and so I'm hoping it lasts longer (soft loads used, nothing hot). Bogey was good to his word and got this replaced. A headache but at least the right response.

After 900 Factory 'soft' practice rounds the Tungsten Rod failed at the front end (washer split). This was a 'free replacement' Rod and Captured 15# spring so I'm not out money but the 'beat goes on.' Don't buy this (at least) particular product there.

Take care.

Nutt51
02-26-2013, 10:21
I have ordered from Lone Wolf several times and always had
great service. Last December I had a dealing with Midway that
I disagreed with, so now they are way down on my order list.
The only way I'll order from them, is if it's the only place that
carries an item that I just can't live without.
Good for you taking your business elsewhere.

Scrappy
02-26-2013, 10:44
Reasons I order from LoneWolf
CS
They tell you up front if its in stock or not on website
Prices are good
It gets shipped to your door in a few days

WayneJessie
02-26-2013, 12:30
Many dealers selling guns on online auctions are doing the same thing. They'll advertize the gun at a good price and make it on shipping. One guy on GB charges $70 to ship a handgun to your FFL.:wow: I guess someone buys from him:dunno:

Scrappy
02-26-2013, 12:33
Many dealers selling guns on online auctions are doing the same thing. They'll advertize the gun at a good price and make it on shipping. One guy on GB charges $70 to ship a handgun to your FFL.:wow: I guess someone buys from him:dunno:

I guess stupid people buy from them otherwise he would change his ship price. Id buy from the ones who ship FREE!

RonS
02-26-2013, 17:52
This isn't your pappy's Glockmeister.