Pepperball air tanks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pepperball air tanks

wprebeck
08-17-2011, 16:17
Does anyone here know if regular paintball air tanks can be used for the P-ball launchers? I know using paintballs in the launchers themselves will void the warranty, but could find nothing about air tanks not made by P-ball.

The problem I need solved is simple -

I need new air tanks for my launchers at work.

Pepperball brand launchers cost a LOT of money.

Like $126 for a SMALL (13 cu in) tank.

That's a bit ridiculous, especially if I can use alternate tanks for the launchers.

So, I need to know if a regular tank will fit, and if the fill adaptor on the tank will work with the tank adaptor from P-ball. And yeah, I've done the armorer course from them, but we didn't really cover this stuff. All P-ball will say is they don't recommend using anything else....duh. Like they're gonna tell me it's good to buy accessories from other companies.

Bushido5150
08-17-2011, 16:57
its just a compressed air tank right?

If so then I would have to say yes.
Can you post a pic of the set up you have now?

BULLRUNN
08-17-2011, 19:13
Yes you can use them HOWEVER the regulator on the bottle is designed to provide MAX pressure and consistant volume for the weapon... you may not reach the desirable velocity of the platform...our price is 116 per bottle if you need some info on Pepperball PM me and I will give you the contact info on our local rep.. he puts on the armorer school for us every few months...

Bushido5150
08-17-2011, 20:18
I just took a look at the pepperball website. Its the same thing as a paintball gun air tank. I played paintball and worked at a store for longtime. I would check with a local shop and see what they can do for you.

MeefZah
08-18-2011, 03:23
As far as I can tell the Pepperball setup is a rebadged Tippman.

There is no way that the bottle and thread design would be proprietary to Pepperball, especially if the rest of the gun is a Tippman. I would be confident that any paintball CO2 bottle would work on it.

Jayman
08-18-2011, 10:16
Yep, I was about to say, our pepperball guns are all Tipmans, I forget the model, but it is an off-the-shelf paintball gun.

KiloBravo
08-18-2011, 10:22
I don't know the answer to your question, but let me know if you would like to buy one or two like new 20 oz. paintball gun CO2 tanks. I quit playing a while back for the most part, and don't need them anymore. I would be happy to sell them on the cheap.

wprebeck
08-18-2011, 10:42
Thanks for the replies...

Yeah, they're T98's, so the tanks should fit. Next problem - will the fill nipple on a standard tank fit my tank adaptor? And, the tank has to have a pressure gauge on it, as I refill them myself. If youve looked at the P-ball site, the fill adaptor is o there...the rectangular shaped one.

merlynusn
08-18-2011, 15:30
I think it's the same. But I can try to find our pepperball guy if you PM me your work email addy, I can pass it along to him if you want.

MeefZah
08-18-2011, 22:29
Give Duane Chapman a ring, he's a pepperball using mofo.