I think Chrome is locking up my PC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think Chrome is locking up my PC

Drjones
08-17-2011, 16:41
Been a Chrome user exclusively for years, love it.

As it silently updates itself, I'm always running the current version - they're at 13.something now....

I thought it was just my old computer acting up, but this new PC I just built myself is also locking up, and I think it's caused by Chrome.

I have an i7-2600K running at 4.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, SATA3 SSD - looking at the system task/performance manager, my system almost looks like it's not even running, the RAM & CPU usage are so low - this is a beast of a system I built myself.

Seems like when I highlight text & right-click to copy it, my system freezes for several seconds, then loosens up, but Chrome remains locked for a few more seconds.

Anyone else notice this or have any issues with Chrome?

Yes, I'm playing with it.....and soon as I right-click on ANYTHING in chrome, it freezes. I can't alt-tab to anything, but if I click on an open program on the taskbar, I can get into it & works just fine. WTF?:dunno:

pilsbury
08-17-2011, 17:02
I've got a new Dell Studio laptop, 500 GB HD, 4 GB RAM, 64 bit running Windows 7 and Chrome does NOT play well on my PC. Had it for a couple of days and deleted it.

IndyGunFreak
08-17-2011, 18:30
Working fine here (Linux)

JimmyN
08-18-2011, 06:28
It seems a number of users are having that problem. There doesn't seem to be a definitive fix and Google doesn't seem to be addressing the issue, publicly at least. For some a reboot is the only answer, for others switching to another application will free Chrome back up.

You can read more about it on the Google Chrome Help forum, along with some things you can try.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=065a7156e96bad93&hl=en

Pierre!
08-18-2011, 08:09
Any thing in the event logs?

Try the new Firefox 6 for fun...

And, don't forget that Open Carry and Linux will fix this... :rofl:

Drjones
08-18-2011, 16:27
Any thing in the event logs?

Try the new Firefox 6 for fun...

And, don't forget that Open Carry and Linux will fix this... :rofl:

Windows event logs? I'll be honest, I've tried, and I can't make heads or tails of those things..... :dunno::dunno:

I've tried threatening my PC with my .308 and a clean install of Ubuntu, but no luck. :dunno: :supergrin:

PS: Will linux even run on a processor like my new i7-2600K, or do I have to manually write & compile drivers? :supergrin:

kewa0501
08-19-2011, 08:18
I had that problem recent. It was usually my Skype toolbar that was locking everything up. I uninstalled it and the problems went away.