Reloading supplies at walmart [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reloading supplies at walmart

boomhower
08-18-2011, 09:41
I'm on vacation visiting my parents. Stopped at the local walmart to pick up a couple odd ball things. Of course anytime I am in a new walmart I check the sporting goods section. Much to my surprise they had a ton of reloading equipment and supplies. Complete RBS(I think that was the brand), bullets, powder, dies for every many calibers, brass, even case cleaning media. Only thing I didn't see was primers. It just struck me as odd to see that kind of selection at walmart. I font reload as I don't have anywhere to put a setup so I apologize if this is common knowledge.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

garyjandfamily
08-18-2011, 09:49
Welcome to America. I buy powder and primers at either of my local Walmarts. They always have the powder that I use (Unique), but primers come and go, so I usually buy a couple thousand when they have them.

crsuribe
08-18-2011, 09:53
I bought my RCBS scale at Wal Mart for $20 less than it was at Cabela's and I always buy my primers there. They are $1.90 cheaper per 100 box than Cabela's.

Also, they have presses, bullet pullers, bullets, powders, reloading manuals, hell even equipment for bullet casting AND they sell guns too. A Ruger 10/22 is like $180.

I love my Wal Mart's sporting goods section.

El_Ron1
08-18-2011, 10:02
Some have them, and some never have. I've never seen supplies at a WalMart in AZ.

ron59
08-18-2011, 11:08
I'm on vacation visiting my parents. Stopped at the local walmart to pick up a couple odd ball things. Of course anytime I am in a new walmart I check the sporting goods section. Much to my surprise they had a ton of reloading equipment and supplies. Complete RBS(I think that was the brand), bullets, powder, dies for every many calibers, brass, even case cleaning media. Only thing I didn't see was primers. It just struck me as odd to see that kind of selection at walmart. I font reload as I don't have anywhere to put a setup so I apologize if this is common knowledge.

I see you are from NC, where are your parents? I haven't seen reloading supplies in Walmarts near the Charlotte area.

RRTX11
08-18-2011, 12:08
Different walmarts do have different items. In Austin Texas, not all Walmarts sell firearms.....you go to a walmart in the what I call "San Franciscoed" areas of Austin and you are going to be lucky to find a spinner bait in the sporting good section.....but there is a massive stock of various pink bycicles.

Austin might be the capital of Texas and in the middle of Texas, but it is quickly turning into a MINNY CALI.

None of the Walmarts in the Central Texas area that I am aware of sell reloading supplies.

boomhower
08-18-2011, 12:48
I see you are from NC, where are your parents? I haven't seen reloading supplies in Walmarts near the Charlotte area.

There in Ohio. I have been in walmarts all over there state of NC and have never see reloading supplies, that is why I was so surprised. The walmarts local to me have crappy sporting goods, like no value packs of. 223 or value packs of any handgun ammo like I have seen at many other stores.

itstime
08-18-2011, 12:53
Damn if they had that stuff by me I may be reloading by now.

kasper7106
08-18-2011, 13:46
I am pretty sure they dont have any reloading stuff at our walmarts around Columbus. I wish they did

polizei1
08-18-2011, 14:18
Not in Cincinnati either, at least not the ones near me last time I checked.

barnettbill
08-18-2011, 14:49
In Abilene The primers are behind the counter with the ammo.

PCJim
08-18-2011, 15:43
In Abilene The primers are behind the counter with the ammo.

And thats where they should be. If they weren't... one can easily imagine someone's child grabbing a pack of primers off a shelf, setting off or swallowing a few, and the eventual lawsuit from the parents...

No reloading supplies in the Walmarts in my neck of the metro area.

barnettbill
08-18-2011, 16:21
And thats where they should be. If they weren't... one can easily imagine someone's child grabbing a pack of primers off a shelf, setting off or swallowing a few, and the eventual lawsuit from the parents...

Agreed, I just mentioned it because some folks may not even think to look, or ask the clerk at the counter. Up here they run just over $3 per 100. I usually order online in bulk.

michael e
08-18-2011, 16:31
Havent been to walmart in few months but they didnt have reloading stuff last time I went. I might need to check it out tonight.

*Paladin*
08-18-2011, 20:26
The only place I've ever seen reloading supplies in a Wal-Mart was in Alaska. Even here in the firearms freedom-loving state of Idaho I haven't seen a Wal-Mart with reloading stuff. What a bummer. Instead, I have to drive 40 mile to Cabelas to stock up on powder & primers. Everything else I order on line...

tantor
08-18-2011, 20:46
Haven't seen any reloading supplies at Walmarts in the Lexington KY area. Be nice if they did cause the only place I find them is at Sportsmans Warehouse or back home in IN.

Bc from KY

illrooster132
08-20-2011, 07:39
no w-mart sells reloading stuff here.

tjpet
08-20-2011, 10:22
We have two WMs in our town, a Super Center and a normal sized store. The SC's been here about 15 years and has always sold reloading supplies, albeit limited in scope. The smaller one doesn't but has a good supply of ammo.

G36_Me
08-20-2011, 11:18
I have nothing against Wal-Mart, especially if they are selling American Made stuff. We've been gouged pretty badly the past few years and I could use a little competition in the market. My area sells some ammo and misc, but no reloading. (SW Ohio)

FyreCalG17
08-20-2011, 11:24
Different walmarts do have different items. In Austin Texas, not all Walmarts sell firearms.....you go to a walmart in the what I call "San Franciscoed" areas of Austin and you are going to be lucky to find a spinner bait in the sporting good section.....but there is a massive stock of various pink bycicles.

Austin might be the capital of Texas and in the middle of Texas, but it is quickly turning into a MINNY CALI.

None of the Walmarts in the Central Texas area that I am aware of sell reloading supplies.
I lived in Austin for about 3 years and it was so funny seeing the people out at Zilker Park wearing the "Keep Austin Weird" t-shirts.

And none of the Walmarts I've visited anywhere in Texas have reloading supplies. Darn!

RustyFN
08-20-2011, 13:19
All of the Walmarts near me have reloading supplies. I get a lot better deals on-line.

Bogey
08-20-2011, 13:23

The only Wal Mart in NC I have seen those supplies in is in Boone. (mountains...home of the App State Mountaineers)

StaTiK
08-20-2011, 13:27
I'm in California and the only "firearms" that the local Wal-Marts (plural) sell are BB guns. When I visit family in Michigan it feels like Christmas!

-StaTiK-

fyrfyter
08-20-2011, 13:29
No walmarts in my area carry reloading supplies but we have a Cabelas 20 minutes from my house which makes up for it.

sigman69
09-11-2011, 08:54
no reloading supplies in kansas city at any walmarts I know of.

oneofthose
09-11-2011, 18:30

I believe you can shop walmart online and ship "site to store". I'm considering that right now, they have a chrono I'd like to have.

Aux Bear
09-11-2011, 19:10
SW Chicago suburbs here. No Walmart in the area carries guns, nor ammo, nor reloading supplies. Heck not even a BB Gun! They've given in to local political pressures. Bass Pro (very limited) or Cabelas (pricy, no competition) are within an hours drive, are the only options. So much for the Land of Lincoln. :steamed:

michael e
09-11-2011, 19:15
Went to the one by me yesterday morning and no reloading stuff. And no one to open ammo cabnit or knife cabnit. The did have a lot more gun related stuff than in the past.

Fox
09-12-2011, 06:25
I don't reload as I don't have anywhere to put a setup...

Check out these hyperlinks.

Reloading On The Kitchen Table (http://castbullet.com/reload/table.htm)

Bullet Casting - Apartment Style (http://castbullet.com/reload/acast.htm)

Also ask the regulars here about the Lyman 310 tool.

Jerry
09-12-2011, 10:35

Yah, itís a shame that we ALWAYS have to protect ourselves from STUPID-PEOPLE so their brats can grow up to be stupid people too. We need more Chlorine in the gene pool. :whistling:

No reloading supplies in Wally-World here. No firearms either. They do have ammo and other supplest though.

ashecht
09-12-2011, 10:42
I have even started to now see 100 round value packs of Fed Champion 9mm ammo for 19.97 at a Charlotte NC Walmart. Didnt even know they made a 100 round value pack.

BENCH
09-12-2011, 16:44
Ours carry guns and ammo, but zero reloading supplies.

themighty9mm
09-15-2011, 19:30
Was about to say the same thing

Angry Fist
09-15-2011, 19:35
Only black powder stuff here. One sells guns and ammo, the other only ammo.