The most functional word in the English language [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The most functional word in the English language

OSSI
08-18-2011, 18:28
Well, it's **** ... that's right, ****!
**** may just be the most functional word in the English language.

You can smoke ****, buy ****, sell ****, lose ****, find ****, forget **** and tell others to eat ****.

Some people know their ****, while others can't tell the difference between **** and brasso.

There are lucky ****s, dumb ****s and crazy ****s. There is bull ****, horse **** and chicken ****.
You can throw ****, sling ****, catch ****, shoot the ****,(or duck when the **** hits the fan).

You can give a **** or serve **** on a shingle.

You can find yourself in deep **** or be happier than a pig in ****.

Some days are colder than ****, some days are hotter than **** and some days are just plain ****ty.

Some music sounds like ****, things can look like **** and there are times when you feel like ****.

You can have too much ****, not enough ****, the right ****, the wrong **** or a lot of weird ****.

You can carry ****, have a mountain of ****, or find yourself up **** creek without a paddle.

Sometimes everything you touch turns to **** and other times you fall in a bucket of **** and come out smelling like a rose.

When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of the English language.

And remember, once you know your ****, you don't need to know anything else!!

You could pass this along, if you give a ****; or not do so if you don't give a ****!

Well, ****, it's time for me to go. Just wanted you to know that I do give a **** and hope you had a nice day, without any ****. But, if you happened to catch a load of **** from some ****-head..........

Well, **** Happens!!!
_____

G33
08-18-2011, 18:31
SHTF?
:wavey::wavey:

Angry Fist
08-18-2011, 18:32
I saw what you did there.... :rofl:

OSSI
08-18-2011, 18:34
I saw what you did there.... :rofl:

:supergrin:

kcb
08-18-2011, 18:41
And....if one of my facebook friends posts that, and I do not post a disclaimer, I could be removed from my job, and placed AWAY from my students.

It just happened. We had to SIGN a statement on our first day back regarding this. :sadangel:

Or if I agree with a post about a belief in God...or freedom ....

I could be placed in an administrative office where I don't have contact with children.

Yes, we have freedom of speech in America.

I am deleting my facebook account this weekend.

I knew I couldn't have my students be my friends, and I didn't.

But I had no idea how limited I am.

We need to CHERISH our freedom of speech....regardless of what it says!

We are losing it in bits and pieces!

:goodpost:

Ossi! :thumbsup:

NMG26
08-18-2011, 18:45
stuff?

kcb
08-18-2011, 18:46
stuff?

Yeah! Right Ossi?

tous
08-18-2011, 18:46
Potash.

The word is potash.

kcb
08-18-2011, 18:48
Potash.

The word is potash.

It's whatever someone wants the word to be.

tous
08-18-2011, 18:50
I want it to be potash.

So, there.

NMG26
08-18-2011, 18:54
No.......**** is still better. Like in this case.

"When he finds out, he is going to stuff!"

Does not work as well as ****.

El_Ron1
08-18-2011, 20:48
What have you done with OSSI?

tous
08-19-2011, 01:45
Where is everybody?

Daylight's a-wasting, slug-a-beds!

<--- not willing to reveal what I have done with OSSI

G33
08-19-2011, 01:52
:tongueout::tongueout:

tous
08-19-2011, 02:30
:tongueout: :tongueout:

Back at ya, ma'am.

:wavey:

Blast
08-19-2011, 03:34
Well ****... all the good ones are covered.

BTW... why is **** a bad word? Why can you say crap and poop but not ****?
A turd by any other name still stinks.

:dunno:

eracer
08-19-2011, 03:42
stuff?That's all your house is...a place to keep your stuff while you go out and buy more stuff. Eventually you have to move into a bigger house, because you've got too much stuff!

ricka10
08-19-2011, 04:03
And....if one of my facebook friends posts that, and I do not post a disclaimer, I could be removed from my job, and placed AWAY from my students.

It just happened. We had to SIGN a statement on our first day back regarding this. :sadangel:

Or if I agree with a post about a belief in God...or freedom ....

I could be placed in an administrative office where I don't have contact with children.

Yes, we have freedom of speech in America.

I am deleting my facebook account this weekend.

I knew I couldn't have my students be my friends, and I didn't.

But I had no idea how limited I am.

We need to CHERISH our freedom of speech....regardless of what it says!

We are losing it in bits and pieces!

:goodpost:

Ossi! :thumbsup:

Sounds like we have already lost freedom of speech. :sad:

tous
08-19-2011, 04:05
A turd by any other name still stinks.

Not if they're petrified.

I happen to know that HerrGlock has an extensive prehistoric turd collection. Museum quality, it is.

Or, was it rubber duckies he collects? :dunno:

Now, I'm not sure.

I don't think rubber duckies stink much.

HerrGlock
08-19-2011, 05:09
Nah, I got a rubber ducky themed bathroom. They smell much better.

I'm reminded of the great statement of modern life movie and one of the quotes therein, "Well that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word." :cool:

tous
08-19-2011, 09:14
What if the rubber duckies come to life and declare themselves the masters of your bathroom?

HerrGlock
08-19-2011, 10:32
What if the rubber duckies come to life and declare themselves the masters of your bathroom?

They can have it. I've got two more. I'll just lock the door and pretend it doesn't exist.

Blast
08-19-2011, 11:43
**** is also one of the top three words people are most likely to say when seeing doom approach... usually preceded by "OH..."

You can use your imagination, but a hint; the others are 4 letter and 3 letter.:whistling:

HerrGlock
08-19-2011, 11:57
**** is also one of the top three words people are most likely to say when seeing doom approach... usually preceded by "OH..."

You can use your imagination, but a hint; the others are 4 letter and 3 letter.:whistling:

One of the more interesting NTSB reports I've ever read said something like

95% of all last words on recorders for aircraft accidents are "oh s***" in English. Regardless of the pilot's native language.

G33
08-19-2011, 14:49
Manure happens!
:supergrin::supergrin:

tous
08-19-2011, 14:51
Manure happens!
:supergrin::supergrin:

I beg to differ.

MB-G26
08-19-2011, 16:43
Potash.

The word is potash.

No. The word is SHRIMP. Just let the voice of Forrest Gump re-read it to you, in your head, using the word SHRIMP instead.

No WAY a person can get all the way through with Forrest saying, "SHRIMP" each time and NOT at least crack a smile! :tongueout:

Angry Fist
08-19-2011, 16:56
One of the more interesting NTSB reports I've ever read said something like

95% of all last words on recorders for aircraft accidents are "oh s***" in English. Regardless of the pilot's native language.
Hey! I thought pilots had to speak English.... Now call center people are another matter entierly! :whistling:

OSSI
08-19-2011, 17:17
Hey! I thought pilots had to speak English.... Now call center people are another matter entierly! :whistling:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/TASSIOSSI/various/6a00d8345275cf69e20105365c799b970b-800wi.jpg

Good Day I'm coling fom Melburn can I spik wit the oner of te haus

ME: Sorry he is overseas, I'm just looking after the house. Can I help you??

No (hangs up)

That works all the time :supergrin:

HerrGlock
08-19-2011, 17:57

Yup. International flight regs state that any multi-language airfields must resort to English as the universal air traffic language.

Still, moments of panic (like literally about to die and knowing it) it surprises me that they don't resort to their native language. Apparently "Oh S***" is about the best and most expressive interjection of any language.

tous
08-19-2011, 18:04
Rocky the Flying Squirrel always used, "Hokey Smoke!" when in peril.

HerrGlock
08-19-2011, 18:21
Rocky the Flying Squirrel always used, "Hokey Smoke!" when in peril.

Look at his mouth when he says it. They've overdubbed it for Sat morning cartoons :animlol:

kcb
08-19-2011, 18:31
Sounds like we have already lost freedom of speech. :sad:

Some say....we NEVER had it!

tous
08-19-2011, 19:08
Look at his mouth when he says it. They've overdubbed it for Sat morning cartoons :animlol:

Well, heck, yeah.
Who is going to understand a Minnesota accent, donchaknow?

Angry Fist
08-19-2011, 21:34
Well, heck, yeah.
Who is going to understand a Minnesota accent, donchaknow?
Yoopers... the other white meat!

tous
08-20-2011, 06:58
Yoopers... the other white meat!

If you can pronounce Negaunee, L'Anse, and Manistique, we know where you've been.

Angry Fist
08-20-2011, 07:40

If you can pronounce Negaunee, L'Anse, and Manistique, we know where you've been.
You just blew my mind, sir. :rofl:

tous
08-20-2011, 10:49
Pasties and cudighis all around, eh? :eat:

<--- has been to National Mine
<--- has been to Junction
<--- has skated on Teal Lake
<--- has landed on ass while skating on Teal Lake

:wavey: