Apologies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apologies

IlliniGlocker
08-19-2011, 06:31
I'll admit it, I'm a self-professed cop basher. I never see you guys on a good day. I never see you guys helping the community. My only exposure has been negative (speeding tickets, etc.).

What further compounds my distrust of the police is my heritage. My grandparents dealt with the Nazis, and my parents dealt with the communists before immigrating to the US. Therefore, I have a pretty clear picture of authority figures.

I have to say though, you probably deal with alot of crap on a daily basis. And while I'd hate to admit it, I'm sorry and thanks for keeping my community safe.

huron bay
08-19-2011, 06:37
Here's a thought, don't speed.

txleapd
08-19-2011, 06:41
Thanks for comparing us to Nazis. :upeyes:

IlliniGlocker
08-19-2011, 06:42
Here's a thought, don't speed.

I was going with the flow of traffic, officer....

IlliniGlocker
08-19-2011, 06:45

If you want to read it that way, fine. I was trying to show how figures of authority are generalized in my mind.

Edited to add: Let me spin this as a question... how would you view police if the police your parents grew up with would throw you in jail for speaking poorly about the government? What about if the police that your grandparents dealt with threw your grandmother into a forced labor camp?

Bodyarmorguy
08-19-2011, 06:51
I had a bad experience with a computer engineer once, I guess they must all be jackwagons, huh......stereotypes suck, don't they?

In all seriousness bro, you have bad days, cops have bad days, school teachers, truck drivers and grocery clerks have bad days. Are there some idiots on this job? Sure, I will personally point them out. But again, there are idiots on every job.

Like another poster said....don't speed, flow of traffic or not. I have written a speeding ticket when the driver said "Well, other cars were speeding, why didn't you write all of them?" My response...."Ever been fishing? Did you catch them all?"

The Nazi comparison is a little over the top. On this job since 1984, I have yet to drag anyone to a concentration camp.

Lighten up.

txleapd
08-19-2011, 06:55
"What further compounds my distrust of the police is my heritage. My grandparents dealt with the Nazis, and my parents dealt with the communists before immigrating to the US. Therefore, I have a pretty clear picture of authority figures."

My mistake... You compared us to Nazis and commies.... I don't know how I could have possibly taken that from your quote here.

Look, I get it. You don't like cops. I could really care less of your motivations. I realize that nothing we could possibly say or do would change that. So I won't try. There are plenty of people who hate us, so it really doesn't bother me whether one more or less person is on the bandwagon.

What I don't appreciate is dealing with people, who think like you, on a regular basis, and then having to wade through the same drivel while I'm off duty and just trying to spend sometime decompressing by bantering with guys on a messageboard.

I don't seek out people who I don't like, just to poke them with a sharp stick. I don't like it when people do that of me. If you truly don't like us, and don't wish to converse with an open mind, then please just go away.

Hack
08-19-2011, 06:57
I'll admit it, I'm a self-professed cop basher. I never see you guys on a good day. I never see you guys helping the community. My only exposure has been negative (speeding tickets, etc.).

What further compounds my distrust of the police is my heritage. My grandparents dealt with the Nazis, and my parents dealt with the communists before immigrating to the US. Therefore, I have a pretty clear picture of authority figures.

I have to say though, you probably deal with alot of crap on a daily basis. And while I'd hate to admit it, I'm sorry and thanks for keeping my community safe.

But did you grow up with any of that yourself? During both eras there were people over here in the US who are now cops/or retired as a cop, who were military service people then, who were fighting the Nazis, and fighting the communists. We are not either.

Speeding? Don't speed. How does it help your community to not speed? By providing a way of avoiding fatalities on the roadways. Giving tickets remind people not to drive in an unsafe manner, which helps to keep you safe.

Gunshine
08-19-2011, 07:21
I'm a self professed police supporter. All my experience with law enforcement have been positive. If you are polite, and cooperative so are they. Some, hopefully not many, may see cops as Nazi's. I see them as a line of defense against the evil that man is capable of.

Bodyarmorguy
08-19-2011, 07:36
I appreciate your parents and grandparents experiences, however, they are not yours. I guess you agree with reparations for blacks born in the last fifty years because of what others did 250 years ago as well?

Here's a weird spin.......I am of German heritage, yet my last two serious girlfriends, including the current one have been Jewish. Yet based on my heritage I have no desire to kill either of them. Hmmmm....how weird is that? I have formed my own opinions and judgements.

What does bother me at the moment is that you have started this thread for the specific purpose of starting a whirlwind of crap.....and I bought into your game. By his own admission he hates cops, posted in the cop section to stir the pot. We are giving him the reaction he is looking for. I am out of this thread and am going to encourage others not to buy in and drink this guys Kool-Aid either.

Patchman
08-19-2011, 07:39
Edited to add: Let me spin this as a question... how would you view police if the police your parents grew up with would throw you in jail for speaking poorly about the government? What about if the police that your grandparents dealt with threw your grandmother into a forced labor camp?

First, your question implies that all LEOs are at least 1st and 2nd generation Americans. There are many LEOs who are immigrants. And I don't mean immigrants from the fair lands of Europe. I'm talking immigrants families coming to the U.S. to escape poverty, political suppression, warfare, terrorism, religious persecution, etc... Things much, much worse than the stuff going on on the streets of Illinois. :whistling:

Second, knowing history is great but how about putting history into context when you're using it to filter what you perceive today? What do I mean? Sure the Nazis and those godless communists were terrible people who did terrible things. But has the U.S. reached that point, and is comparable to Nazi Germany or the USSR? Maybe Cambodia in the 1970s and 1980? To me it has not. But perhaps to you it has?

Third, hate a class of people today simply because of horror stories (of another land) that was passed down to you from one and two generations ago? Shia hate Sunni because Sunni killed Hussein in 632. Shia cling to that history to justify everything. And visa versa, of course.

Patchman
08-19-2011, 07:51
Waffen SS was a military arm. Gestapo enforced internal security. Basic knowledge.

RussP
08-19-2011, 09:54
:popcorn:

volsbear
08-19-2011, 10:19
To the OP - With all due respect, you've got the emotional maturity of an egg plant.

My stepfather came of age at the tail end of WWII and beginning of Korea. He absolutely despises people of asian descent because he lost many relatives and close friends during those two wars. Every day while growing up I was reminded of his perception of asians and why I should hate them.

FYI - I don't hate asians.

While I was growing up, my stepfather, mother, and father were all pretty ridiculous alcoholics. Terrible, terrible parenting skills - yelling, screaming, poor conflict resolution, drinking, hitting.

FYI - I don't abuse alcohol, I don't scream at my kids, and I don't hit them.

While I was growing up, I was a very poor kid who lived on the edge of an extremely affluent school district that by and large employed solely tree-hugging, hippy liberals. Every day for 12 grades the liberal agenda was pounded into my head.

FYI - I'm a conservative.

While I was born in the deep south, I have spent most of my life in Illinois - an extremely liberal, anti-gun state that preaches gun-bans in the face of common sense that most states consider to be old news. The media, my teachers, my friends and their parents, EVERYBODY spent a lifetime telling me that guns are bad and they should all be banned.

FYI - I'm an extremely pro-2A advocate for citizen gun rights.

Point I'm making is that you can hate because people tell you to hate, or you can grow the **** up and make decisions for yourself. THINK FOR YOURSELF. If you want to hate the police, that's fine. Hate the police. But do it for your own reasons based upon some experience that you have personally had. Do you even see the irony in your initial post? You hate cops because your grandparents feared the Nazis. Got'cha. The Nazis - a political cult that convinced adults and youth to hate certain people without credible evidence as to why they should be hated. And your response to that is to hate the POLICE who work in the world's greatest social democracy based upon no credible evidence of your own. Your hypocracy is so thick we can cut it with a knife.

And I'm not a cop, though am a LEO of a different type.

Oh, and stop speeding. Some day you're going to get some cop killed in an accident because he has to race ahead to pull your immature *** over.

ETA: I'm sure all the police in here are oozing over your disingenuous gratitude.

Oh, and that was sarcasm.

Bodyarmorguy
08-19-2011, 10:26
Read please!!!

By his own admission he hates cops, posted in the cop section to stir the pot. We are giving him the reaction he is looking for. Don't drink this guys Kool-Aid, walk away.

RussP
08-19-2011, 10:42
What does bother me at the moment is that you have started this thread for the specific purpose of starting a whirlwind of crap.....and I bought into your game. By his own admission he hates cops, posted in the cop section to stir the pot. We are giving him the reaction he is looking for. I am out of this thread and am going to encourage others not to buy in and drink this guys Kool-Aid either.Read please!!!Every once in a while I buy my dog a new chew toy. He really goes nuts with the new one. It looks like he's almost bored with the old one. Think of this thread in that light, a new chew toy...an opportunity to vent.

To everyone, just keep the comments within the lines...:wavey:

:animlol:

Gunshine
08-19-2011, 10:45
Read please!!!

This. There seems to be no purpose to this thread other than to stir up nonsense for it's own sake.

40 glock
08-19-2011, 10:51
I'm a self professed police supporter. All my experience with law enforcement have been positive. If you are polite, and cooperative so are they. Some, hopefully not many, may see cops as Nazi's. I see them as a line of defense against the evil that man is capable of.

+1

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

heyTJ
08-19-2011, 11:19
My grandfather was from Ireland, I hate drunks. :whistling:

PinkoCommie
08-19-2011, 13:06
If you want to read it that way, fine. I was trying to show how figures of authority are generalized in my mind.

I grew up behind the Iron Curtain, and my home (granted, before I was born) was occupied by Germans and Russians many, many times. Yet I can tell the difference between the cops I saw growing up and cops in this country. I refuse to generalize across continents and decades.

IlliniGlocker
08-19-2011, 14:31
In all honesty, I'm not sure how my comments in the Chicago thread can be used here. Those officers clearly acted out of line and show an utter lack of professionalism. I was angered when others tried to justify their actions in clearly using too much force, and realized that I didn't want my comments to be inflammatory towards police in general, hence this thread. I really am trying to reform my thoughts and attitude on police, and felt that my previous thoughts required an apology to the greater police community.

Once again, thanks for serving your respective communities. This was meant as nothing more than a heart felt apology and blew up into something more.

I'm not going to talk to the controversial comment any more. There is no direct comparison, I was searching for a reason based on my immediate negative bias towards authority from even my younger days. I was taught to be weary of the government and therefore, those who enforce their laws from a young age based on previous generations of experience.

So to conclude, thank you. Feel free to draw your own reasons or read into this too much, but there's really nothing there.

Morris
08-19-2011, 14:52
Popcorn is ready!

RussP
08-19-2011, 15:23
In all honesty, I'm not sure how my comments in the Chicago thread can be used here. Those officers clearly acted out of line and show an utter lack of professionalism. I was angered when others tried to justify their actions in clearly using too much force, and realized that I didn't want my comments to be inflammatory towards police in general, hence this thread. I really am trying to reform my thoughts and attitude on police, and felt that my previous thoughts required an apology to the greater police community.

Once again, thanks for serving your respective communities. This was meant as nothing more than a heart felt apology and blew up into something more.

I'm not going to talk to the controversial comment any more. There is no direct comparison, I was searching for a reason based on my immediate negative bias towards authority from even my younger days. I was taught to be weary of the government and therefore, those who enforce their laws from a young age based on previous generations of experience.

So to conclude, thank you. Feel free to draw your own reasons or read into this too much, but there's really nothing there.Where in CA are you?

Cop Talk is an interesting place.

It is an open forum, then again it isn't.

Those not in LE are invited in to ask questions, voice opinions, share experiences and learn from the responses.

It is a place where cops tend to respond with often brutal honesty.

It is not the place for the thin-skinned.

These are big boys and girls in here who play the real game of life every single day, whether on duty or off.

Their lives require a delicate balance of their on-duty/off-duty personalities.

Cop Talk, well, it's the place where sometimes you get one, sometimes the other.

Simplicity, it is very appreciated.

Here is your original post:I'll admit it, I'm a self-professed cop basher. I never see you guys on a good day. I never see you guys helping the community. My only exposure has been negative (speeding tickets, etc.).

I have to say though, you probably deal with alot of crap on a daily basis. And while I'd hate to admit it, I'm sorry and thanks for keeping my community safe.The part in bold, that's what gives them grief. The part in blue, well, that's the **** on top of the cake.

Had you said, "My heritage, my grandparents telling me about their lives dealing with Nazis and my parents telling me about life under communism before they immigrated, that was my understanding of authority," that may have been better.

But, then you say, "And while I'd hate to admit it, I'm sorry...", that sealed your fate here.

Your post I quoted at the beginning, there is more sincerity in the apology.

Don't think badly about those responding. You have a well grounded reason for your comments. So do they.

Thanks for posting in Cop Talk.

Dexters
08-19-2011, 15:29
Why all the hate for this guy's post. I have it in my mind that he is begin honest, up front and open.

A couple of points.

[QUOTE=IlliniGlocker;17797825]
This is not an uncommon reaction. People have asked why the NYC located main stream media is so left leaning. Well it is partly because that NYC has a history of poor immigrants from southern (e.g. Italy) Europe and Eastern Europe e.g. Poland, eastern Russia. These immigrants were harmed by those in power in their countries. So they distrust authority.

Why haven't people focused on his awakening to what Police do?

txleapd
08-19-2011, 15:35
In all honesty, I'm not sure how my comments in the Chicago thread can be used here.

Because those words came out of your mouth (proverbially speaking). It doesn't really matter when or where you used them, does it?

Big House
08-19-2011, 16:27
thanks for keeping my community safe.

This is one time that less is more.

Patchman
08-19-2011, 16:38
Why all the hate for this guy's post. I have it in my mind that he is begin honest, up front and open.

OK, on the issue of cop-hating, he may be starting to feel conflicted? :dunno:

Dexters
08-19-2011, 16:42
OK, maybe on the issue of cop-hating, he is conflicted. :dunno:

His profile doesn't state an age but says he is a computer engineer. Maybe his written skills aren't very good.

Sharky7
08-19-2011, 17:35
http://topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/pants.jpg

Sharkey
08-19-2011, 17:47
My grandfather was from Ireland, I hate drunks. :whistling:

That right there is comic gold! :rofl:

I dealt with a-hole citizens for nine years in patrol and hate stupid moron elitists. I then spent 10 years with attorneys and judges so I also hate folks with advanced law degrees who haven't drank from the toilet bowl of life.

I actually like regular joe citizens who are patriotic and served their country in some way and who can think of someone other than themselves. :supergrin:

Dexters
08-19-2011, 18:04
That right there is comic gold! :rofl:

This is ... !

Patrick O'Malley hoisted his beer and said: "Here's to spending the rest of me life between the legs of me wife!" - and he took home the top prize for the best toast of the night.

In bed later that night, he told his wife: "Mary, I won the prize for the best toast of the night." She said, "Aye, Paddy, what was your toast?"

So he told her: "Here's to spending the rest of me life sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh," she said, "that is very nice, dear."

The next day, Mary ran into one of Paddy's drinking partners in the street. Mischievously, the man said: "Did you hear about your husband winning a prize in the pub the other night for a toast about you, Mary?"

She replied: "Aye - and I was a bit surprised. Till now, he's only been down there twice. Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come".

NMG26
08-19-2011, 18:11
What happened to TBO?

He used to say "never talk to the cops"

Never apologize to the cops!

Glock!9
08-19-2011, 18:47
I had a bad experience with a computer engineer once, I guess they must all be jackwagons, huh......stereotypes suck, don't they?

In all seriousness bro, you have bad days, cops have bad days, school teachers, truck drivers and grocery clerks have bad days. Are there some idiots on this job? Sure, I will personally point them out. But again, there are idiots on every job.

Like another poster said....don't speed, flow of traffic or not. I have written a speeding ticket when the driver said "Well, other cars were speeding, why didn't you write all of them?" My response...."Ever been fishing? Did you catch them all?"

The Nazi comparison is a little over the top. On this job since 1984, I have yet to drag anyone to a concentration camp.

Lighten up.Most other professions do not carry a gun and the authority to use it so the impact has the potential to be much greater.

I have by the way had way more than one bad experience with computer engineers!

MeefZah
08-19-2011, 20:04

That's ridiculous.

If you had been the target of this sort of thing I could maybe, maybe understand it. But your grandparents? In Eastern Europe? C'mon, man, that's ****ing weak.

msu_grad_121
08-19-2011, 20:13
Most other professions do not carry a gun and the authority to use it so the impact has the potential to be much greater.

Hence the reason for greater standards in hiring, training and background investigations. Unless you can prove that the entire department which employs the officer you're speaking of does not investigate or train their officers, through ignorance or malice, then I'd say the fact that they survived the academy, numerous selection processes and field training would make them more trustworthy prima facae than someone who is a completely unknown quantity.

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again. Another cop in uniform starts at "zero" with me, whereas persons I have contact with while working start at "negative 1," and both move up or down my trust scale based on how they behave themselves.

Faulkner
08-19-2011, 20:19

One thing I learned early on quail hunting with my grandfather, you seldom get the entire covey. I consider that every time I'm working traffic.

SKSman57
08-19-2011, 20:27
This rabid hatred of authority thing has become en vogue. When did it get so bad? While radical libertines have always existed, they have never been as prevalent as they are today. Indeed, back in the day, honorable, respectable people respected authority and held the police and military in high regard. It was the hippie degenerates in the counter-culture who ran around trying to incite revolution. So when did the worm turn for the rest of society?

glocklover1721
08-19-2011, 20:35
My experience with police officers has varied greatly. I grew up in California and HATED COPS for years....moved out of the state, and now I have a great respect for POLICE officers.
I got pulled over once for having a loud exhaust (broken manifold)....cop saw a pocket knife in my backseat, on the floor, and ripped me out of the car at gun point, cuffed me, and tore everything out of my car, for absolutely no reason...didn't find anything illegal. So, his next step was to give me a sobriety test, which I obviously passed. Then, he said he was SURE that I was on drugs since I was out driving so late...(9pm) and he was gonna take me in for a drug test.....then I heard his radio go off for a 211, and he ran to his car and took off....

Jerks like him are the reason people hate cops.....then, when you're outside of CA, you meet helpful police....I once saw a police officer in Arkansas at a truck stop, with gloves on, helping work on a guys car...

You have to take it with a grain of salt. Every person that works at every job is an individual. Just remember, when you're out in public, you're representing others in your group. You represent your race, religion, job...etc. Everybody should think about how they act and treat people.

txleapd
08-19-2011, 20:37

I haven't seen hate. I have seen a lack of appreciation for being compared to groups of people who committed genocide.

A couple of points.

This is not an uncommon reaction. People have asked why the NYC located main stream media is so left leaning. Well it is partly because that NYC has a history of poor immigrants from southern (e.g. Italy) Europe and Eastern Europe e.g. Poland, eastern Russia. These immigrants were harmed by those in power in their countries. So they distrust authority.

If you're talking recent immigrants, that's one thing. But, that's obviously not the case with the poster here.

Even if he were a 1st generation American, our cops are the only ones he's had significant contact with.

Because his "awakening" is disingenuous at best.

Morris
08-19-2011, 22:03
So when did the worm turn for the rest of society?

Blame it on Bush. Or is it Obama now? New World Order? Pending Socialism? Now I'm confused . . .

Cochese
08-19-2011, 23:52

First, I'd realize that I'm an adult and start reasoning like one.

Then, I'd realize I'm in the U.S., not Nazi Germany or the Eastern Bloc.

Finally, I'd quit painting a bunch of folks who would give their lives to keep you safe with such a broad, **** covered brush.

:wavey:

Fireplug
08-20-2011, 00:29

Your grandparents dealt with Nazis. My grandparents went over there liberated "your" people from the Nazis. Your parents dealt with communists and then were lucky enough to liberate here to America and no longer had to deal with communism. They and you are free to come and go as you please without the threat of death or imprisonment.

So your "clear picture" of authority figures is very blurry! Nazi and communist govern people by threat.

Police are only a threat to you if you are a threat to them. GROW UP!!!

rudeboy3
08-20-2011, 01:35
To the OP - With all due respect, you've got the emotional maturity of an egg plant.

My stepfather came of age at the tail end of WWII and beginning of Korea. He absolutely despises people of asian descent because he lost many relatives and close friends during those two wars. Every day while growing up I was reminded of his perception of asians and why I should hate them.

FYI - I don't hate asians.

While I was growing up, my stepfather, mother, and father were all pretty ridiculous alcoholics. Terrible, terrible parenting skills - yelling, screaming, poor conflict resolution, drinking, hitting.

FYI - I don't abuse alcohol, I don't scream at my kids, and I don't hit them.

While I was growing up, I was a very poor kid who lived on the edge of an extremely affluent school district that by and large employed solely tree-hugging, hippy liberals. Every day for 12 grades the liberal agenda was pounded into my head.

FYI - I'm a conservative.

While I was born in the deep south, I have spent most of my life in Illinois - an extremely liberal, anti-gun state that preaches gun-bans in the face of common sense that most states consider to be old news. The media, my teachers, my friends and their parents, EVERYBODY spent a lifetime telling me that guns are bad and they should all be banned.

FYI - I'm an extremely pro-2A advocate for citizen gun rights.

Point I'm making is that you can hate because people tell you to hate, or you can grow the **** up and make decisions for yourself. THINK FOR YOURSELF. If you want to hate the police, that's fine. Hate the police. But do it for your own reasons based upon some experience that you have personally had. Do you even see the irony in your initial post? You hate cops because your grandparents feared the Nazis. Got'cha. The Nazis - a political cult that convinced adults and youth to hate certain people without credible evidence as to why they should be hated. And your response to that is to hate the POLICE who work in the world's greatest social democracy based upon no credible evidence of your own. Your hypocracy is so thick we can cut it with a knife.

And I'm not a cop, though am a LEO of a different type.

Oh, and stop speeding. Some day you're going to get some cop killed in an accident because he has to race ahead to pull your immature *** over.

ETA: I'm sure all the police in here are oozing over your disingenuous gratitude.

Oh, and that was sarcasm.

:rofl:That is sig worthy my good man

packsaddle
08-20-2011, 01:44
Maybe you can do a better job?

Go ahead and fill out an application.

Start a new thread after you've been on the streets for about 3 years.

We'll wait.

Dexters
08-20-2011, 05:16
If you're talking recent immigrants, that's one thing. But, that's obviously not the case with the poster here.

What do you know that we don't know about the poster?

I would think a child's parents experiences would have an influence on the poster.

and my parents dealt with the communists before immigrating to the US.

Bodyarmorguy
08-20-2011, 05:38
Don't Feed The Trolls

Rabbi
08-20-2011, 08:55

You need to grow up and learn to live your life based on the data of your situation. I dont fear Pharaoh...yet my history (and I assume yours) would dictate...

You are no different than people who think guns are evil...no, they are just tools...just like force is a tool. The Nation of Israel has a powerful military and police force, to ensure "Never Again!" See how that works? A tool.

Rabbi.

Cop with a family history that is similar to yours.

Rabbi
08-20-2011, 08:57

If 10 people commit murder and I can only catch one of them...because I didnt get the other 9, he is somehow less guilty?

txleapd
08-20-2011, 09:42

I would think a child's parents experiences would have an influence on the poster.

So you counter an assumption with an assumption of your own.

Rabbi
08-20-2011, 09:51

Influence...of course. However, when we allow that to excuse a behavior, we are ensuring a behavior.

BailRecoveryAgent
08-20-2011, 10:13
I'll admit it, I'm a self-professed cop basher.

All I can say is...
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/iepic2/130705764038.gifhttp://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/emo_witchy_princess/funny/funny-haters-gonna-hate-little-girl-car.gifhttp://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/moparjoe318/ducreux_haters_gonna_hate.gif

Dexters
08-20-2011, 11:55
So you counter an assumption with an assumption of your own.

What assumption are you referring to?

Dexters
08-20-2011, 11:56
Influence...of course. However, when we allow that to excuse a behavior, we are ensuring a behavior.

What behavior are you referring to?

Rabbi
08-20-2011, 15:19
What behavior are you referring to?

In general, all behaviors.

txleapd
08-20-2011, 22:44
What assumption are you referring to?

The one I quoted...

While it's fair to assume that a child is influenced by his or her parents, it's still an assumption. Especially when you consider that the poster appears to be an adult (I know that's an assumption on my part). An adult should be capable of making of his own decision, and not base them on his parents experiences on another continent with a group of people who can't reasonably be compared to police officers here and now (I know that's another assumption).

I stand by my position that it's unfair for him to compare cops in the US with Nazis and communists... Regardless of his parents and grandparents experiences.

efman
08-21-2011, 03:39
I'm a self proclaimed hater of citizens, all they do is pay me a crappy pay check and get in my way.... :tongueout:

what a jerk off, I hate generalizations no matter what they are.

Dexters
08-21-2011, 05:36
In general, all behaviors.

In general, I don't think anyone here would disagree with you.

++++
Do you see any behaviors in the OP that you think should be encouraged? If so, which one and how should it be encouraged?

Dexters
08-21-2011, 05:45
The one I quoted...

While it's fair to assume that a child is influenced by his or her parents, it's still an assumption. Especially when you consider that the poster appears to be an adult (I know that's an assumption on my part). An adult should be capable of making of his own decision, and not base them on his parents experiences on another continent with a group of people who can't reasonably be compared to police officers here and now (I know that's another assumption).

I stand by my position that it's unfair for him to compare cops in the US with Nazis and communists... Regardless of his parents and grandparents experiences.

I'd suggest you read up more on the multi-generational affects of the holocaust. His parents' experiences with a repressive communist government would be similar and in some ways confirming of the grand parent's fears. Would you be as uncompassionate and unforgiving to a child (now an adult) who experienced physical or verbal abuse? Age alone does not end the effects of the abuse.

http://reformjudaismmag.org/Articles/index.cfm?id=1530

Fear of the outside world—of the inevitable next Holocaust—led to clinging within the family. Children were taught to distrust people, especially authority figures, outside the family circle.

RussP
08-21-2011, 07:34
Fear of the outside worldóof the inevitable next Holocaustóled to clinging within the family. Children were taught to distrust people, especially authority figures, outside the family circle.And law enforcement is the most visible representative of that authority, even though law enforcement is least empowered to make any changes to the base issues.

Patchman
08-21-2011, 07:39
I'd suggest you read up more on the multi-generational affects of the holocaust. His parents' experiences with a repressive communist government would be similar and in some ways confirming of the grand parent's fears. Would you be as uncompassionate and unforgiving to a child (now an adult) who experienced physical or verbal abuse? Age alone does not end the effects of the abuse.

http://reformjudaismmag.org/Articles/index.cfm?id=1530

Fear of the outside world—of the inevitable next Holocaust—led to clinging within the family. Children were taught to distrust people, especially authority figures, outside the family circle.

Perhaps these officers also grew up in abusive families. Or grew up in rough and tumble neighborhoods were they had to fend for themselves. Grew up in neighborhoods where not reacting would be perceived as a weakness. And they learned these hard lessons through stories from their parents and grandparents, as well as brothers, friends, contemporaries and their own experiences.

They learned to distrust outsiders. And learned that if you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way. Kind'a like West Side Story without Tony and Maria and the songs.

Patchman
08-21-2011, 07:58

Man, you think that's bad? I'm still surprised LEOS are not more maladjusted than they already are.

What I find tantalizing is that people forget that on ANY given day, LEOs rarely see a 'good guy' or the good side of people. I don't think the police has ever gotten a call to respond to someone who just won the lottery. Or a new daddy who wants to show off his new baby. Or 2 people deeply in love and wants to tell the world. Or some happy kid who just got a puppy.

Yep, LEOs rarely see good guys or good people having good days. And that's 8 to 10 hours a day, 5 days a week, 50 or so weeks a year, 20-plus years. Now, how many speeding tickets, etc... have you received in total that would justify you hating cops?

And when you say "helping the community," what is being UNSAID and left out is that LEOs "help the community" by dealing with the problems and the dregs of that community, 24/7. So that, for the most part, you don't have to.

It's nice to enjoy sleeping soundly at night, yes?

Dexters
08-22-2011, 15:05

Morris
08-22-2011, 21:16
Or a new daddy who wants to show off his new baby.

The last one of those I went to involving a daddy showing us his two day old baby to save it as it choked to death thanks to a premature release from the hospital. We beat the aid car.

Dexters
08-24-2011, 07:50

Sparkster
08-24-2011, 20:12

Ohio LEO here and used to live in Chicago for a few years :wavey:

Thanks for opening up your mind a bit. Keep doing that; it'll serve you well in many aspects of life.

oldgraywolf
08-24-2011, 20:33
Man, you think that's bad? I'm still surprised LEOS are not more maladjusted than they already are.

What I find tantalizing is that people forget that on ANY given day, LEOs rarely see a 'good guy' or the good side of people. I don't think the police has ever gotten a call to respond to someone who just won the lottery. Or a new daddy who wants to show off his new baby. Or 2 people deeply in love and wants to tell the world. Or some happy kid who just got a puppy.

Yep, LEOs rarely see good guys or good people having good days. And that's 8 to 10 hours a day, 5 days a week, 50 or so weeks a year, 20-plus years. Now, how many speeding tickets, etc... have you received in total that would justify you hating cops?

And when you say "helping the community," what is being UNSAID and left out is that LEOs "help the community" by dealing with the problems and the dregs of that community, 24/7. So that, for the most part, you don't have to.

It's nice to enjoy sleeping soundly at night, yes?

Very good post. It's hard to imagine dealing with society's crap as part of every day at work.

<----NAC, appreciates cops, could never handle being one.

oldgraywolf
08-24-2011, 20:35
Ohio LEO here

And you, sir, are incredible. Best wishes for a full recovery and a return to duty.

jpa
08-24-2011, 23:21

communist Nazis at that....get it straight JBT :tongueout:

Ship A'Hoy
08-25-2011, 04:35
I ate a bad donut once, but I don't hate all bakers...LOL

KaTooM
08-25-2011, 05:12
The OP sure seems to be a passive aggresive cop hater to me. California politics tends to do that to people.

The Nazi's and Commies just lined up the people they didn't like and shot them. Never seen that happen even in Cali.

I am not a Leo..Duh

Dexters
08-26-2011, 13:46
Ohio LEO here and used to live in Chicago for a few years :wavey:

Thanks for opening up your mind a bit. Keep doing that; it'll serve you well in many aspects of life.

I'll agree with Oldgraywolf - good post.

You saw the opportunity to re-enforce the good behavior of the OP and the potential for turning him away from his self admitted cop hating. Hopefully, he read your post and is encouraged by it to learn more about the many good things the police do for the community.

It would be great if the other posters who weren't as encouraging to the OP would learn from your example.

I don't expect them to post that they changed their mind this time. But, maybe next time a similar opportunity arises they will encourage the good behavior.

Dexters
08-27-2011, 07:34

larry_minn
08-27-2011, 10:48
Ok I just read half way down first page. In any mental issue the first step is to realize you have a problem. The OP started off with that. He admitted he has a problem and has some possible reasons for his feelings. Some of the people responding gave good ideas. (maybe a bit biting but)
Hopefully some will suggest getting some professional help? If thats not in the cards there are a number of people with limited training that he can talk to for free.
I am sure someone has a link to site with a small sample of positive things Police do? Maybe point out to OP that a Officer doing his job(In a professional manner) is not news. But one having a bad day, loosing control is big news.

There are some Officers who shouldn't be. There are also some Dr.s who shouldn't be. etc.
Hopefully the OP will mature and form his own opinions of people. (and try to make them on a one to one basis. )

PaulMason
09-03-2011, 07:57
It is better to light one candle than curse the darkness.

ArtCrafter
09-03-2011, 08:30
[legitimate rant]

Here's one for you:

Anyone (cop or not) who thinks the OP was literally comparing domestic, internal, US law enforcement to the Nazis of the World War II era SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN A GUN, MUCH LESS CARRY ONE.

Talk about 'lightening up' -- YOU GUYS COULD STAND A LONG LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

No wonder you're not so 'popular' anymore, eh?

[/legitimate rant]

:upeyes:

Patchman
09-03-2011, 10:51
[legitimate rant]

Here's one for you:

Anyone (cop or not) who thinks the OP was literally comparing domestic, internal, US law enforcement to the Nazis of the World War II era SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN A GUN, MUCH LESS CARRY ONE.

Talk about 'lightening up' -- YOU GUYS COULD STAND A LONG LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

No wonder you're not so 'popular' anymore, eh?

[/legitimate rant]

Obviously you never read Part I to this thread. This is Part II.

You jumping in here now with your post just makes you look like a silly Nancy. :whistling:

msu_grad_121
09-03-2011, 11:14

Ummmm... yyyyyyeah. Seems pretty cear cut that that's EXACTLY what the OP did. Or maybe you didn't read it before posting, ArtCrafter?

Morris
09-03-2011, 12:20
Lord, the fun continues, doesn't it?

Dexters
09-03-2011, 16:13
Ummmm... yyyyyyeah. Seems pretty cear cut that that's EXACTLY what the OP did. Or maybe you didn't read it before posting, ArtCrafter?

Is it not possible that he OP was explaining were his distrust of authority came from (grandparent's and parent's experiences and teachings)?

msu_grad_121
09-03-2011, 16:25
Is it not possible that he OP was explaining were his distrust of authority came from (grandparent's and parent's experiences and teachings)?

I'd say it's entirely possible, and the responses here were pointing out that judging one profession in a different country, on a different continent, based on things that happened to your ancestors generations ago merely because the perpetrators used the word "police" in their title is laughable at best and downright slanderous at worst.

To be sure, the OP is entitled to his opinion, logic notwithstanding.

Patchman
09-03-2011, 18:23

Yes, the OP himself declared that his self-declared hatred of LE came from stories imparted by his parents' and grandparents' experiences in Europe. He also did compare American LEOs to the Waffen SS. That was in Part I of the thread. See post #12 of this thread where the functions of the Waffen SS was delineated with that of the Gestapo.

Even today, Shia hate Sunni because Sunni killed Hussein in 632. Even today, Shia cling to that history to justify everything. And visa versa, of course. Guess that's OK, right?

Dexters
09-03-2011, 18:39
I'd say it's entirely possible, and the responses here were pointing out that judging one profession in a different country, on a different continent, based on things that happened to your ancestors generations ago merely because the perpetrators used the word "police" in their title is laughable at best and downright slanderous at worst.

To be sure, the OP is entitled to his opinion, logic notwithstanding.

Thanks for that.

ArtCrafter
09-03-2011, 19:32
Obviously you never read Part I to this thread. This is Part II.

You jumping in here now with your post just makes you look like a silly Nancy. :whistling:

:whistling: is right, Nancy.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TvGscPZX6ws/TDcQpMJze0I/AAAAAAAAAlk/kCYYwFfxdS0/s400/retard.gif

Patchman
09-03-2011, 20:17
:whistling: is right, Nancy.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TvGscPZX6ws/TDcQpMJze0I/AAAAAAAAAlk/kCYYwFfxdS0/s400/retard.gif

Doesn't change the fact that when you posted earlier today, you had not known about or read Part I. So you jumping in with that post did make you seem like a silly Nancy.

You brought it on yourself Nancy.

Dexters
09-18-2011, 06:45

GPalmer
09-18-2011, 11:18
It's back, and with a brand new full retard... Let it die, these are not the posts you seek! :supergrin::tongueout:

Patchman
09-18-2011, 17:44

Yes, the OP himself declared that his self-declared hatred of LE came from stories imparted by his parents' and grandparents' experiences in Europe. He also did compare American LEOs to the Waffen SS. That was in Part I of the thread. See post #12 of this thread where the functions of the Waffen SS was delineated with that of the Gestapo.

Even today (9/18/11), Shia still hates Sunni because Sunni killed Hussein in 632. Even today, Shia cling to that history to justify everything. And visa versa, of course. Guess that's OK, right?

Dexters
09-18-2011, 18:01

Even today (9/18/11), Shia still hates Sunni because Sunni killed Hussein in 632. Even today, Shia cling to that history to justify everything. And visa versa, of course. Guess that's OK, right?

You made post #12. Do you have a point?

Waffen SS was a military arm. Gestapo enforced internal security. Basic knowledge.

OldCurlyWolf
09-19-2011, 00:25
Every once in a while I buy my dog a new chew toy. He really goes nuts with the new one. It looks like he's almost bored with the old one. Think of this thread in that light, a new chew toy...an opportunity to vent.

To everyone, just keep the comments within the lines...:wavey:

:animlol:

:cool:
:rofl:

Patchman
09-19-2011, 10:04
You made post #12. Do you have a point?

If one forgets WW2 history and the history of this thread, then I guess post # 12 has no point.

What do you think of Hussein's death?

Dexters
09-19-2011, 10:29
If one forgets WW2 history and the history of this thread, then I guess post # 12 has no point.

http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/

The people seem to still like him.

Dexters
09-26-2011, 16:59

msu_grad_121
09-26-2011, 23:45

Debating with him is a classic case of arguing with an idiot. The whole "dragging you down to their level and beating you with experience" thing in action. Personally, I pity someone so out of touch with reality...

Butcher
09-27-2011, 03:28

my grandparents dealt with that too... but i'm a cop. are you gonna teach your children to hate police too? shalom and happy new year

Dexters
11-06-2011, 07:35

Sam Spade
11-06-2011, 11:04

Dude, WTF?

It's not like you're posting and editing after mature reflection. You just found a thread that's been in the grave for over a month and injected some dots.

Why are you stirring this particular pot in this particular forum?

eb31
11-06-2011, 11:23

Most make it easy.

Cochese
11-06-2011, 11:38
Most make it easy.
You're a ****** bag.

Cochese
11-06-2011, 11:51
Dude, WTF?

It's not like you're posting and editing after mature reflection. You just found a thread that's been in the grave for over a month and injected some dots.

Why are you stirring this particular pot in this particular forum?

Good question.

Patchman
11-06-2011, 17:08
Originally Posted by txleapd
Thanks for comparing us to Nazis.

Most make it easy.

:rofl::rofl: Oh, I love it.

But seriously, you've been living in your mother's basement for way tooooo long. Probably time to replace that that blow-up doll/date also. :rofl:

RetailNinja
11-06-2011, 19:03
Back to post 1...

I still find this thread funny given the user name and that U of I is home to the Police Training Institute.

Mister_Beefy
11-07-2011, 21:49
You're a ****** bag.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
above listed, why I stay out of coptalk

Cochese
11-07-2011, 22:12
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
above listed, why I stay out of coptalk

You're a colossal ****** bag.

EMTCOP
11-08-2011, 02:38
You're a colossal ****** bag.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cochese
11-08-2011, 02:46
True story.

This *******s entire membership here is centered around cop bashing.

I mean, I've never really seen, aside from troll accounts, someone who bases their entire miserable existence HATING a group of people because of what they do for a living.

Either he is a lowely PAC NW left leaning cop hater cuz its cool member, or he couldn't pass the background to get hired, or he is a criminal.

I can't think of another demographic that would have a reason to harbor such anomicity for a workforce put on the earth to make his existence safer and surrounded by less crime.

He is about six parsecs worth of feminine hygiene product.

And for all the **** you talk on this anonymous internet forum *******, I guaran****intee you would keep your moderately overweight sandal/sock wearing mouth shut in front of a live policeman... because you are a cowardly ****** bag.

Nothing further to report. Case cleared by calling of ******.

DFinch
11-08-2011, 03:40

My ex-wife's grandparents survived the holocaust. She's a cop, I'm a cop. We cried our way through the DC Holocaust Museum.

I work with several people who immigrated here after surviving true oppression. One of them is a Bosnian muslim who fled with his family through the woods as families were murdered in his town during the "ethnic cleansing". He learned English, gained citizenship, and is now a cop.

Your negative interactions revolve around traffic stops. I work with men and women who have personally suffered far greater evils than you ever will, and they proudly display the badge every day protecting the freedoms you take for granted.

Mister_Beefy
11-08-2011, 18:05
True story.

This *******s entire membership here is centered around cop bashing.

I mean, I've never really seen, aside from troll accounts, someone who bases their entire miserable existence HATING a group of people because of what they do for a living.

Either he is a lowely PAC NW left leaning cop hater cuz its cool member, or he couldn't pass the background to get hired, or he is a criminal.

I can't think of another demographic that would have a reason to harbor such anomicity for a workforce put on the earth to make his existence safer and surrounded by less crime.

He is about six parsecs worth of feminine hygiene product.

And for all the **** you talk on this anonymous internet forum *******, I guaran****intee you would keep your moderately overweight sandal/sock wearing mouth shut in front of a live policeman... because you are a cowardly ****** bag.

Nothing further to report. Case cleared by calling of ******.

PTSD? :rofl::rofl:

Cochese
11-08-2011, 18:11
PTSD? :rofl::rofl:

LOL, nope.

Just disdain for people like you who act like total trash. You are the epitome of what is wrong with this forum.

You are a tasteless ****** bag of the highest order. You can't articulate why you hate the police which leads me to believe you have no good reason other than being an assclown.

**** the police! Open carry! Nazis!

Mister_Beefy
11-08-2011, 18:48
LOL, nope.

Just disdain for people like you who act like total trash. You are the epitome of what is wrong with this forum.

You are a tasteless ****** bag of the highest order. You can't articulate why you hate the police which leads me to believe you have no good reason other than being an assclown.

**** the police! Open carry! Nazis!

keep cryin', chief :tongueout: